OT: Music Part V

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
An old group people forgot. They combined folk blues rock psychedelic with funk and eastern trad music with a master in bouzouki and guitar harp. Kaleidoscope californian group.
The first song is good, after it's boring till 15:00 minutes, then another good song at 20:00, then a good bass solo at 23:25, followed by a long song traditional middle east with lot of instrumentals played with an trad chords instrument, in a gritty rock sound.

Reactions: angusyoung

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Short story about life and its many surprises.'
'
0 Is this real life?

1. Almost 35 years ago in 1991; I was attending University in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. One evening, a few of us went to this dive called The Queen's Hotel. I had been talking guitars with one of the guys, and he mentioned this local dude who really killed it on blues guitar; his name was David Gogo, and as luck would have it, he was playing at the Queen's that same night. I hadn't seen, live music in ages. We got there a @8 and the place was packed. Finally the band comes on, very minimal. The basics for a blues band. The first thing that got my attention was his playing was really good, and he was playing an old beat-up Fender Stratocaster with a bch oi stickers on the front. It looked as real mess., but he was and sounded great. We were seated quite far away and I couldn't get a good look.
  2. I had t go the can and that gave me a chance to get a better look. As I got closer, I had to do a double take to be sure that what I was real. The stickers covering his Srat were Hab's logos.

The other day on Arts TV, they had the Victoriaville blues festival and wouldn't you know it, guess who shows up with the same guitar and a lot less hair. He still sounds great and he's also a good blues singer. I accidently caught this almost from the start on Nanaimo's community TV. My good old stereo VCR always at the ready. It still sounds good. I uploaded it to youtube a few years ago,

• Wow

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I just happen to click on this, and was surprised to see how popular Shania still is and man does she look hot or what.

I mentioned we saw her when we were visiting Montreal,top production and tickets were on average 500 me thinks. looked like no seat was available.

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Man, I didn't know M-A Fleury was a singer in a 1970 revival band.
Is he? didn't know that. Odd time to mention that though.

The lead singer rocking the early 70's style,could be Coopers brother.lol

AliceCooper_1973_2_Gruen-268x325.jpg

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Warning ! Be prepared to Watch This !!
This weido song could only happen in the Apex of the Crazyness of the Eighties.
Your dad or yourself you did dance on that song back in 1985.
Yes it happened.

• Wow

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I recently discovered this Japanese girl metal band - Lovebites. I know asia is full of pretty girls in short skirt bands, but these ladies are awesome and talented, imho. I accidentally discovered them doing a cover of Helloween's Eagle Fly Free but their own stuff (not sure if they write their own music) is also pretty cool. Good speed/classic metal band.

Last edited:

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Seen them many times,this from the Forum and one of the best intro songs,got the crowd into a frenzy,as you can hear.I think we were a good 50 or so at this show. And you know what happens in ''before the dawn''it picks it up just fine here. Too bad not video but the other one would be the same year. Back then we had a friend that was the spitting image of Myles.

A couple of lesser known songs post Powerplay when I believe Myles was living in the Bahamas.

Greasiest song ever…. Slow Poke off the Stand Back album! Garry Moffett was a criminally underrated Monster guitar player!! Classic!!!

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
They were only high on love ;)
Right.lol. I should have said that to the concerned fine constables in my youth when questioned about my eyes being so dilated,don't think they would have bought that though.lol

Warning ! Be prepared to Watch This !!
This weido song could only happen in the Apex of the Crazyness of the Eighties.
Your dad or yourself you did dance on that song back in 1985.
Yes it happened.

I remember it being terrible in the day and still can't stand it. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad