OT: Music Part V

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Been using one of my siblings cars and am so impressed by it I ordered one just like. If I were asked to make a commercial for it, this would be the tune.:thumbu:

I recently discovered this Japanese girl metal band - Lovebites. I know asia is full of pretty girls in short skirt bands, but these ladies are awesome and talented, imho. I accidentally discovered them doing a cover of Helloween's Eagle Fly Free but their own stuff (not sure if they write their own music) is also pretty cool. Good speed/classic metal band.

A cousin of my mrs is in an all girl Japanese death metal band, it's different and the whole scene over there can be very diverse and not what a lot of people outside of Japan are accustomed too. Bizaro and weird type fetishes stuff, the whole hentai and chikan culture vibes at times.

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
One of my favorite Ads ever

What's it for?

This was one of my favorite commercial back in the day when it came out for a chain of restaurants in South Africa, good cheap food. Don't know if you have to be familiar with the scene in South Africa, but sure you'll get the gist. And that's the more hospitable and modern of nations on the continent. Kind of tells you how the rest of the continent rolls eh? It's f***ing treat let me tell ya. If all the inoculations needed don't kill you, then there's still a shitload of other things to do so. :eek3:

:laugh:

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
An old group people forgot. They combined folk blues rock psychedelic with funk and eastern trad music with a master in bouzouki and guitar harp. Kaleidoscope californian group.
The first song is good, after it's boring till 15:00 minutes, then another good song at 20:00, then a good bass solo at 23:25, followed by a long song traditional middle east with lot of instrumentals played with an trad chords instrument, in a gritty rock sound.

At a friends taverna back home this type of music is played when the crowd thins out.

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Short story about life and its many surprises.'
'
0 Is this real life?

1. Almost 35 years ago in 1991; I was attending University in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. One evening, a few of us went to this dive called The Queen's Hotel. I had been talking guitars with one of the guys, and he mentioned this local dude who really killed it on blues guitar; his name was David Gogo, and as luck would have it, he was playing at the Queen's that same night. I hadn't seen, live music in ages. We got there a @8 and the place was packed. Finally the band comes on, very minimal. The basics for a blues band. The first thing that got my attention was his playing was really good, and he was playing an old beat-up Fender Stratocaster with a bch oi stickers on the front. It looked as real mess., but he was and sounded great. We were seated quite far away and I couldn't get a good look.
  2. I had t go the can and that gave me a chance to get a better look. As I got closer, I had to do a double take to be sure that what I was real. The stickers covering his Srat were Hab's logos.

The other day on Arts TV, they had the Victoriaville blues festival and wouldn't you know it, guess who shows up with the same guitar and a lot less hair. He still sounds great and he's also a good blues singer. I accidently caught this almost from the start on Nanaimo's community TV. My good old stereo VCR always at the ready. It still sounds good. I uploaded it to youtube a few years ago,

I vaguely remember you mention something or another, been a while but the Habs logo on the guitar rang a bell. Super cool story years later and seeing a more recent version.
Didn't know you liked blues though.

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
What are YOU doing tonight​

I know what wasn't doing,swimming or surfing!:nod:

no shit..jpg

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I vaguely remember you mention something or another, been a while but the Habs logo on the guitar rang a bell. Super cool story years later and seeing a more recent version.
Didn't know you liked blues though.

The blues is what got me sarted as a musician, easy patterns that are the foundation of so nany songs, that, and a rich musical upbringing made me appreciate most music whan it's done right. I'll listen to classical, and switch to metal mid stride. I watch this performance almost every month; if you like Mozart. It's a great watch, especially the conductor, an Miah is nice to watch too. Play it loud.

follow with this;

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Been using one of my siblings cars and am so impressed by it I ordered one just like. If I were asked to make a commercial for it, this would be the tune.:thumbu:

A cousin of my mrs is in an all girl Japanese death metal band, it's different and the whole scene over there can be very diverse and not what a lot of people outside of Japan are accustomed too. Bizaro and weird type fetishes stuff, the whole hentai and chikan culture vibes at times.

One of Queen's better songs, and those girls are quite good, which one is related to your better half?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
What's it for?

This was one of my favorite commercial back in the day when it came out for a chain of restaurants in South Africa, good cheap food. Don't know if you have to be familiar with the scene in South Africa, but sure you'll get the gist. And that's the more hospitable and modern of nations on the continent. Kind of tells you how the rest of the continent rolls eh? It's f***ing treat let me tell ya. If all the inoculations needed don't kill you, then there's still a shitload of other things to do so. :eek3:

:laugh:

Yes, Nando's is a staple in London. It is bigger than McD's at this point I reckon. But it is funny to see an ad from SA, it looks like their version of Saint-Hubert.

And the Ad I posted was for Acqua Di Gioia by Giorgio Armani, it came out around 2005-2007. At that time, I believe Emily DiDonato was probably the most beautiful human on earth. But the combination of her beauty and the cinematography with the amazing soundtrack (Arrival of the birds by The cinematic orchestra) truly marked me. And not in the "Wow that chick is hot" type of way, but more in a "This is so beautiful that it breaks my heart a little bit" kinda way. Truly a fine work of art IMO.

This one as well, I think from 2011. Soundtrack is Civilization by Justice, one of the most anticipated musical returns back then, and they premiered their song through this Ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Yes, Nando's is a staple in London. It is bigger than McD's at this point I reckon. But it is funny to see an ad from SA, it looks like their version of Saint-Hubert.

And the Ad I posted was for Acqua Di Gioia by Giorgio Armani, it came out around 2005-2007. At that time, I believe Emily DiDonato was probably the most beautiful human on earth. But the combination of her beauty and the cinematography with the amazing soundtrack (Arrival of the birds by The cinematic orchestra) truly marked me. And not in the "Wow that chick is hot" type of way, but more in a "This is so beautiful that it breaks my heart a little bit" kinda way. Truly a fine work of art IMO.

This one as well, I think from 2011. Soundtrack is Civilization by Justice, one of the most anticipated musical returns back then, and they premiered their song through this Ad.

Nando's come from South Africa but it still surprises me that it made it as big internationally as it has. Maybe I'll try it when in Montreal and compare.

Where was the ad placed? too long for a tv spot, and I don't remember seeing the product in the video. That cologne smells nice, not my fav but still have some lying around somewhere.

Yes she looks pretty but need to see how she looks without any makeup. A good makeup artist can transform a homely woman into a vison of extraordinary beauty. As for the cinematography it's well done. Special effects and filming have come long way, no longer do you have to send the talent on location, just commission a local camera crew for footage and then put it all together in the studio.

Never heard of them.

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The blues is what got me sarted as a musician, easy patterns that are the foundation of so nany songs, that, and a rich musical upbringing made me appreciate most music whan it's done right. I'll listen to classical, and switch to metal mid stride. I watch this performance almost every month; if you like Mozart. It's a great watch, especially the conductor, an Miah is nice to watch too. Play it loud.

follow with this;

Grew up with classical music obviously and the mrs loves Mozart, but I'm more of a Beethoven fan. But when the mrs puts Mozart on I get goosebumps of anticipation because it can mean only one thing................................... dancing is on the menu.:DD

Vuur is popular but interesting that Anneke tours more solo than with Vuur.

One of the few free things in Amsterdam! They do this every year but often I'm not in the 'hood but with a semi recent property acquisition around the corner, hopefully can make it more often. They do a kid show with domestic deserving child prodigies and then the evening show with a variety of domestic and international artists.

The 60's sure had a familiar sound.

One of Queen's better songs, and those girls are quite good, which one is related to your better half?
She is not in this band, this band is rather tame compared to what her band is like. They kind of remind me of seeing a clan of spotted hyenas on
a carcass.:laugh:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
In keeping with the eclectic nature of this thread, how about … some Polish rock?

That's excellent ! Rock isn't an only anglophone music. Polish can play rock, russians too, french canadians too and even some french of France. There is an african mucician who is inspired by Hendrix and I think there has been italian rock groups that were pretty good. I saw a guy on youtube who have a top ten non english albums of prog rock and Harmonium Cinq Saisons comes in 4th position. he mention they did that fantastic album without any drums.

Reactions: Runner77

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Nando's come from South Africa but it still surprises me that it made it as big internationally as it has. Maybe I'll try it when in Montreal and compare.

Where was the ad placed? too long for a tv spot, and I don't remember seeing the product in the video. That cologne smells nice, not my fav but still have some lying around somewhere.

Yes she looks pretty but need to see how she looks without any makeup. A good makeup artist can transform a homely woman into a vison of extraordinary beauty. As for the cinematography it's well done. Special effects and filming have come long way, no longer do you have to send the talent on location, just commission a local camera crew for footage and then put it all together in the studio.

Never heard of them.

The video I posted contains the BTS outtakes, the TV Ad lasted for about 30 seconds :

I just found out they did a new version in 2014

But it's nothing special.

And she is just as beautiful with make up than without.

And Justice is like an edgier version of Daft Punk. Probably the second most known electronic music act after Daft Punk. Both coming from France.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad