OT: Music Part V

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I have a new favorite: Billy Strings is an amazing flat and finger picking guitarist in the style of Doc Watson.

Here he is with Bela Fleck. When I watched it I nearly fell off my chair.

Thanks! now I feel compelled to mosey over to the stables and go for a ride even with that pesky hemorrhoid flare up:laugh:

smile-salute.gif

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I have a new favorite: Billy Strings is an amazing flat and finger picking guitarist in the style of Doc Watson.

Here he is with Bela Fleck. When I watched it I nearly fell off my chair.

I knew what was coming before I clicked on it. These speed pickers tend to all sound the same. He's good, but a little dry. There's only one Doc Watson.

I also really like this guy. I just read that he died recently. Was born one day before me.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I knew what was coming before I clicked on it. These speed pickers tend to all sound the same. He's good, but a little dry. There's only one Doc Watson.

I also really like this guy. I just read that he died recently. Was born one day before me.

Very nice.

Here Billy Strings is playing Doc Watson.

Reactions: rik schau and peate

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I remember when Joe Jackson was on Rockpalast which is/was a German TV live show (I saw U2 there for the first time). He said "I have never seen so many drunken Germans before".
He's great.

He is,try to see him whenever I can. Not as exuberant as he was back in the 70' but does a nice show,some interesting stories along the way. Rockpalast has had a lot of good bands over the years. Guess you saw him before he moved to Germany:dunno:

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Kind of let the cat out of the bag eh. Knew you were older,but not that much. A milestone event this past year,hope you enjoyed and many,many,many more yet to come. Now I know why you're so knowledgeable about the history of the Habs and Montreal,thank you,appreciate it all.
All those candles on the cake really add up eh?:laugh:

happy-bonfire-night-friends.gif

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
A bit of nostalgia for the weekend. Always loved this.

When I want top start a fight with my Kiwi and Aussie buddies I ask where they are from, and then the Brits get involved and it's a whole new argument,and then we laugh about it:laugh: Fun Fact, they being born and raised in their receptive countries, non native English first speaking people understand me easier, a non English first speaker. What you think about that Lizzy?:laugh:

images

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad