OT: Music Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The cacophony of the Dreg's musical style.

I see. Not familiar with the band but can you provide an example or 2. Not necessarily Dreg,but a song that is more well know. Would it be subjective more so to the listener than a general consensus?
Could a song like Whole lotta love be considered one?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Steve Morse's band. Dixie Dregs are great but after a while, it gets to you.

I agree. First time I post the live version but it's time for fresh material.

I'm not a fan of the Dregs's other offerings, just happened to have always liked Road Expense.

I'm listening to this high octane Canadian band right now and am trying to get through as much of their material as I can, so I can post choice cuts.

I'll just say that the lead vocalist has an hypnotic voice with special tonality. I hear a compendium of traditional rock and heavy rock nuances in their work that is reminiscent of the supergroups of a bygone era. I've been waiting a long time for something like this. All of it with no cookie monster vocals.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This cut completely blew me away.

Rush meets Led Zeppelin, with beautifully spun build ups and high octane sweet spots. And Canadian to boot.

When I first heard this, I thought the singer was a woman -- instead of that, he's got a lot of Geddy Lee in him, minus the helium bends -- it's a psychedelically hypnotic voice.

How can this band have a tame name like "Crown Lands" and sound this good?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This Crown Lands cut is really special -- it pays tribute to the many victims, mostly Indigenous women, who have died along a particular stretch of road called the "Highway of Tears."

Beautiful intro, their tribute is touching and powerful at once.

Their making of short video, gives insight about them and what they sought to achieve with their video:

Music with deep meaning and purpose? What is this, the 70s?

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Led Zeppelin decided to make a comeback as these guys ... judge for yourself.

Reactions: angusyoung

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Close but, nowhere near as powerful.

It’s a young, promising act.

Zeppelin is an influence but I don’t think they’re trying to be them, nor should anyone.

I used a little hyperbole in introducing them but I think there is something to look forward to there. Plus actual lyrics with real words that evoke meaning.

Last edited:
Reactions: peate
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad