OT: Music Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Video quality not good but song is worth it:

Please, never put an old Genesis video without Peter Gabriel on it . Never.

Talking of them, there are a lot of videos on YouTube with Steve Hacket playing is magic in concert . But once again, the singers he plays with, are horrible :laugh: but man, does he plays guitar and you could see how he loved the old Genesis/Gabriel music before Phil Collins turned it into that Jello-Koolaid pop music :facepalm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Please, never put an old Genesis video without Peter Gabriel on it . Never.

Talking of them, there are a lot of videos on YouTube with Steve Hacket playing is magic in concert . But once again, the singers he plays with, are horrible :laugh: but man, does he plays guitar and you could see how he loved the old Genesis/Gabriel music before Phil Collins turned it into that Jello-Koolaid pop music :facepalm:

Holy sweeping generalizations, Batman! Who made you into the decider of all things good about Genesis? It’s just your opinion and you’re entitled to it. I’ll post whatever clip I please, don’t need your permission. :)

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Holy sweeping generalizations, Batman! Who made you into the decider of all things good about Genesis? It’s just your opinion and you’re entitled to it. I’ll post whatever clip I please, don’t need your permission. :)
I send that message to Federal officials . They will visit you very soon , with their K9 well trained dogs and they will arrest you . Profanity !

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Getting withdrawal:(

I could never get into this kind of performance, it's too manicured for my tastes.

I once attended an opera and was sitting in the first row. All I remember is a continuous shower of spit that glistened in the projectors, as it landed a few feet away from me, as the male soprano and the leading female singer sang at each other at high pitch. It's something that you don't ever notice when they're performing on TV.

On the other end of the spectrum, I had free tickets to a Poison concert at the Bell Center. Twas the first concert my kids ever saw. They were impressionable teens at the time and I never followed Bret Michaels so I didn't know what to expect.

He spent the whole show swearing and drinking a ton of I don't know what and was just spitting it out in long arcs that landed all over the stage and the band equipment. I mean, there was like a ton of liquid spit that wasn't at all unintentional like the opera singers.

Michaels was opening for another band. So, as soon as he finished his set, out came the equipment guys and started to dismantle everything. I split a gut when I saw a guy getting dispatched with a vacuum cleaner going back and forth across the stage, scooping out all of the liquid spitted out by Michaels.

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
You know how an old song pops-up again and then it's just everywhere?

Played Fallout 4 after putting it off for 5 years and the jukebox in the game plays this song, and then in the following month, I've heard that song in 3 different movies and tv shows, while I had never heard it before playing Fallout 4:

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
As I watch the 45 spin through the juke box glass.

Cool, those were happy days!:)

tenor.gif

Reactions: peate and Runner77

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I could never get into this kind of performance, it's too manicured for my tastes.

I once attended an opera and was sitting in the first row. All I remember is a continuous shower of spit that glistened in the projectors, as it landed a few feet away from me, as the male soprano and the leading female singer sang at each other at high pitch. It's something that you don't ever notice when they're performing on TV.

On the other end of the spectrum, I had free tickets to a Poison concert at the Bell Center. Twas the first concert my kids ever saw. They were impressionable teens at the time and I never followed Bret Michaels so I didn't know what to expect.

He spent the whole show swearing and drinking a ton of I don't know what and was just spitting it out in long arcs that landed all over the stage and the band equipment. I mean, there was like a ton of liquid spit that wasn't at all unintentional like the opera singers.

Michaels was opening for another band. So, as soon as he finished his set, out came the equipment guys and started to dismantle everything. I split a gut when I saw a guy getting dispatched with a vacuum cleaner going back and forth across the stage, scooping out all of the liquid spitted out by Michaels.

Not sure what you mean by manicured,it it very polished though,very well done and fun. The venues are also cool to attend. Some venues still exist where composers performed,some still have the original organ.

Went to my share of operas and symphonies,unwilling I might add,but Andre Rieu adds more flare and flourish,more show and varied material.

The draw back of sitting close eh? It's a catch 22 sitting close,can see the performers up close,but miss out on the visuals depending on artist.

Not concerned about exposing the kids to reefer,if that's even a thing nowadays at shows. Sounds like Michaels is a classy dude! I've seen poison also,don't remember a thing about the show though.How'd you like it aside from the vulgarity? and the kids? that's what matters in this case.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not sure what you mean by manicured,it it very polished though,very well done and fun.

In the sense of overly elaborate, overdone, stuffy. But, that's a matter of taste obviously. There's a reason we don't all enjoy the same thing. :)

Not concerned about exposing the kids to reefer,if that's even a thing nowadays at shows. Sounds like Michaels is a classy dude! I've seen poison also,don't remember a thing about the show though.How'd you like it aside from the vulgarity? and the kids? that's what matters in this case.

I would have liked to start the kids off with something a little cleaner, less swearing and less massive spitting. The spitting was legendary, Michaels was producing these huge arcs of spit and liquid. :laugh:

There was an expletive every few words, it was a smorgasbord. At one point, I both cringed and cracked up at once, watching my kids' reaction.

The kids were in awe, it was their first show. But, they came away with the impression that all rock concerts involve these kind of antics. Performance was good, Michaels kept it lively, moving about energetically. I'm not a fan of the band and didn't know many of their songs, so that probably contributed to not making it too memorable for me in terms of their music.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Like Rush, Gentle Giant, and most prog groups. :sarcasm:

You're killing me. :cry:

I like traditional prog but whenever I've looked up current prog bands, all I ever seem to find are cookie monster singers. I'm just not able to get into it.

Why is this style of prog so widespread? I can't figure it out. I kinda like to listen to lyrics that involve actual words and that may offer a message maybe.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
You're killing me. :cry:

I like traditional prog but whenever I've looked up current prog bands, all I ever seem to find are cookie monster singers. I'm just not able to get into it.

Why is this style of prog so widespread? I can't figure it out. I kinda like to listen to lyrics that involve actual words and that may offer a message maybe.

Speaking of prog rock with a brain behind it, my all time favorite King Crimson lineup ! Bill Bruford barely keeping it together at the end but somehow still pulling it off (cause he's amazing) never stops being impressive to me. I love the album version but I like this live version just a tad better .

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
In the sense of overly elaborate, overdone, stuffy. But, that's a matter of taste obviously. There's a reason we don't all enjoy the same thing. :)

I would have liked to start the kids off with something a little cleaner, less swearing and less massive spitting. The spitting was legendary, Michaels was producing these huge arcs of spit and liquid. :laugh:

There was an expletive every few words, it was a smorgasbord. At one point, I both cringed and cracked up at once, watching my kids' reaction.

The kids were in awe, it was their first show. But, they came away with the impression that all rock concerts involve these kind of antics. Performance was good, Michaels kept it lively, moving about energetically. I'm not a fan of the band and didn't know many of their songs, so that probably contributed to not making it too memorable for me in terms of their music.

Stuffy? pish posh. :laugh: Check out the Brits,I got some friends that make Frasier and Niles Crane look like street hoods. Just find that Rieu has what it takes to spend a very enjoyable evening,naturally though everyone is unique.

Had no idea Michaels was such a horker,first time hearing this,guess he hydrates a lot.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Speaking of prog rock with a brain behind it, my all time favorite King Crimson lineup ! Bill Bruford barely keeping it together at the end but somehow still pulling it off (cause he's amazing) never stops being impressive to me. I love the album version but I like this live version just a tad better .

It's funny how we keep having to dig up clips from long time prog bands. Wish we could find new material from new bands that actually take the work from that generation to the next level, minus the cookie monster singing.

Every time I think of Billy Idol, can't get his lip antics out of my head:

RawHelplessIriomotecat-small.gif

That song had quite an impact when it came out. Good cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad