OT: Music Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
I'm into everything.

Gorguts is sick too. Colored Sands was probably my favourite album of 2013.

Here's my last.fm (excuse the name) Galchenyuk’s Music Profile | Last.fm

Same, but for some reason since the lockdowns I have been getting back into Metal big time.

Yeah Colored Sands is amazing. But Obscura man, this wrecked my mind when it came out. I keep telling my friends that Obscura is one of the best rock record of all time, but they all think I am crazy.. :laugh:

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Same, but for some reason since the lockdowns I have been getting back into Metal big time.

Yeah Colored Sands is amazing. But Obscura man, this wrecked my mind when it came out. I keep telling my friends that Obscura is one of the best rock record of all time, but they all think I am crazy.. :laugh:
Yeah I sort of fell out of metal and then back into it during the lockdown. For me the peak of metal music was 2005-2016. Most of my favourite bands are past their prime, but new ones arise, so on and so forth.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Yeah I sort of fell out of metal and then back into it during the lockdown. For me the peak of metal music was 2005-2016. Most of my favourite bands are past their prime, but new ones arise, so on and so forth.

I guess the lockdown lifestyle requires us to spice things up anyway we can. :laugh:

As for metal, I am more a mid 90s to mid 2000s guy. I love death metal.

For example, this song (and the whole album actually) is one of the most badass ever. Death metal bands back then knew who to fuse agression, groove and catchiness in a way that kind of doesn't exist anymore. Of course, I may just be me being a grumpy old man!

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I guess the lockdown lifestyle requires us to spice things up anyway we can. :laugh:

As for metal, I am more a mid 90s to mid 2000s guy. I love death metal.

For example, this song (and the whole album actually) is one of the most badass ever. Death metal bands back then knew who to fuse agression, groove and catchiness in a way that kind of doesn't exist anymore. Of course, I may just be me being a grumpy old man!

You ever listen to Bolt Thrower?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
They say The Planets had a really big influence on John Williams' compositions for his movies, notably Star Wars and Superman. It probably influenced some other composers for their Scifi movies (Star Trek?)

I've been listening to this every week for 2 months now. Mars, the first composition, is where you see the highest influence for the Star Wars IV themes!?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hard to believe this was released over 30 years ago but it sounds better than ever.

Francis Cabrel’s delivery, melody and his exquisitely original lyrics, make this one of his most memorable cuts. I often have it on loop, amongst a select few songs that I enjoy listening to loudly in my car.

Reactions: dinodebino

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Another of my favorite Cabrel cuts. I wish all of his songs were written with this kind of hook to them.

A YT user appropriately referred to this song as « la chanson du confinement », as its lyrics speak to a never ending event/ situation. Again, Cabrel at his very best, IMHO.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I also know how Dave Grohl handles lady fans he likes. His video people had the camera on my daughter for several roving eye audience shots, the time I brought her to see the Foo Fighters at the BC.

She got on so often, that fans in our section started to pay attention to her, to her massive embarrassment. All in good fun — twas a great show regardless.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Put the mrs playlist in the bat-mobile by accident on random and the first tune that pops out startled the crap out of me to the point where I dropped the bat and burnt some skin:rant: Her playlists are all over the place as the follow up was quite the turnabout:laugh: Kind of explains why she's a fan of Accept:thumbu:

Reactions: Bahama Mama

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I also know how Dave Grohl handles lady fans he likes. His video people had the camera on my daughter for several roving eye audience shots, the time I brought her to see the Foo Fighters at the BC.

She got on so often, that fans in our section started to pay attention to her, to her massive embarrassment. All in good fun — twas a great show regardless.

Holy predator batman! hope she was at least eighteen or else that sounds a little pervy:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad