OT: Music Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I am far from a music expert or critic, I stumble upon things from time to time and I just like it. I found this kid on Youtube and he covers tunes from some bands that I really loved in my youth.

Me neither, just like what I like. Must please some senses inexplicably:dunno:

If you're ever in the mood for a good vomiting, go to the main board and get a dose of some of the critics and connoisseurs there!:eek: Only they know the truth! Talk about dull know-it-all's. I swear that if I was ever stuck in an elevator with any of them, the firemen would only be rescuing one person, and I like my odds.:nod::laugh:

Reactions: OldCraig71

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
My man George Kooymans from Golden Earring twice got rushed to hospital, once not far from my hometown in the Netherlands when he got electrocuted with his Guitar and they could not pry it out of his hands, on top of that they docked the bands pay for missing some of the show:shakehead

Another time at a festival during a pyrotechnics part of the song, a shard of metal got embedded in his neck narrowly missing an artery:eek: That's the last time they used explosions:nod:

Moontan is one of my favourite albums ever, and I’m primarily a punk rock guy, but I have the played the crap out of that album and have never gotten bored of it.

Both versions. ;)

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Moontan is one of my favourite albums ever, and I’m primarily a punk rock guy, but I have the played the crap out of that album and have never gotten bored of it.

Both versions. ;)

I can easily get down with punk,did a lot of slam-dancing back in the day,even at a few weddings!

Moontan is great, I guess you have the different releases? the US one is better imo. Not many are that familiar with them, it's actually a shame, as is the news about George:(

Reactions: FloJack

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I can easily get down with punk,did a lot of slam-dancing back in the day,even at a few weddings!

Moontan is great, I guess you have the different releases? the US one is better imo. Not many are that familiar with them, it's actually a shame, as is the news about George:(

I just had to google the news, yes very sad, they must be an institution to you if you’re from the Netherlands as they go all the way back to the mid 60’s, no? Or he had a previous band that had some hits in that decade? Regardless, must be extra legendary to you.

The US one eliminates the shorter songs and has Big Tree, Blue Sea (which is sooooo good) but I got familiar with the euro track list first so that’s still my go to. I do have the US one on vinyl. I know you know the former, lol, don’t know why I wrote that out but am leaving it in.

When I say punk, I don’t necessarily mean slam dancing and that specific genre, to me it’s just anything rooted in the Velvet Underground, the Stooges and the MC5. I guess I use the term broadly.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I just had to google the news, yes very sad, they must be an institution to you if you’re from the Netherlands as they go all the way back to the mid 60’s, no? Or he had a previous band that had some hits in that decade? Regardless, must be extra legendary to you.

The US one eliminates the shorter songs and has Big Tree, Blue Sea (which is sooooo good) but I got familiar with the euro track list first so that’s still my go to. I do have the US one on vinyl. I know you know the former, lol, don’t know why I wrote that out but am leaving it in.

When I say punk, I don’t necessarily mean slam dancing and that specific genre, to me it’s just anything rooted in the Velvet Underground, the Stooges and the MC5. I guess I use the term broadly.

Ya it's a pretty tough pill to swallow. Was waiting to go see them again after the covid thing.
Early 60's,it's a cool story how it all evolved.

There is an awesome version of Big Tree Blue sky from a show in the 70's from Winterland, great song!

Got it,was thinking more along the lines of the Sex Pistols etc.

Reactions: FloJack

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
An exceptionally good Québécois song. This band is great live(Minus the chick), saw them in Nicolet.

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
Thought I'd share this here too ! I just learned my band's video is going to be in the running for a few Awards at a bunch of Festivals this year ... This week has been surreal

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
There you go again, jumping the gun. :laugh:

It wasn't a reciprocal question, just that the beginning sounds a bit like John. They did Helter Skelter live and it was amazing.

Ahh, so a rhetorical question then:thumbu:
Thought is reminded me of ELO more but maybe ELO was influenced by the Beatles:dunno:

This ones for you:laugh:

Reactions: Bahama Mama

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Thought I'd share this here too ! I just learned my band's video is going to be in the running for a few Awards at a bunch of Festivals this year ... This week has been surreal

Good luck! let us know how thing work out.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Not bad. She has a unique voice as far as pop singers go and this sounds a lot better than when most artists from that genre try to perform rock songs.
Yeah, she's unique. Did you have a listen at the other video I posted? The black and white one?

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Been so preoccupied I neglected to mention that if not mistaken this band uses a 5 string bass. I mention this because sometime ago some posters, could be @Runner77 or @peate :dunno:were addressing bass guitars with 5 or was it 6 string,whatever FWIW.
Speaking of runner,surprised haven't seen him post yesterday or today, he's usually pretty adept and a frequent contributor. I'm guessing he is a true runner and did he pull a Forest Gump?:skeptic:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bahama Mama
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad