OT: Music Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
A couple of my favorite feel good songs for whatever reason. I've always found the Kinks to be a very underrated band ( they've sold like a bazillion records over the years but you get what I'm saying :-P) .

Reactions: angusyoung

Barilko

You are what you is
Jan 30, 2016
Not too many out there do not know this band

many to many though only know of Chicago the somewhat sappy eighties band

obviously the old dudes like me know the original killer band

for those who want to know why Terry Kath is spoken as one the truly greatest guitarists of all time..

please watch this killer version of the song almost everyone knows already

it is certainly worth it

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island

for those who want to know why Terry Kath is spoken as one the truly greatest guitarists of all time..

it is certainly worth it

I listened to the first album not long ago. Chicago Transit Authority. Great cuts on there, South California Purples, I'm a man, Questions 67 & 68, Only the beginning.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

it is certainly worth it

Early stuff was good and then too ''popy''

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
A blend of metal with traditional Japanese instruments. Don't think I'm going out on a limb saying anyone but me around this board ever heard of them.You can thank the mrs for that:laugh:

Reactions: rik schau

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Well I'm not dumb but I can't understand
Why she walks like a woman but talks like a man, oh my Lola.

Brilliant.

tenor.gif
:laugh:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Chicago was amazing the first album. Then they got a little bit boring.
That was the era when Doobie bro and Allman Bro were good groups, a bit similar sound, very groovy.
I thought their first three albums were good, they included some lengthy pieces which were interesting. then something happened.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I thought their first three albums were good, they included some lengthy pieces which were interesting. then something happened.
Usually a group is good for the first two albums because they have enough songs already composed. After they are signed they have to compose more songs and they have to compose while they are on tour. And they have the relation problem of guys tired of each other for too long time. Chicago got some hits after their 3 first albums but it sounded too commercial for my ears. My favorite album of them is the first.

Reactions: peate

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

Sultan of Swing is the song that performs the best guitar solo from my personal opinion. We might find many guitar solos played faster but this one have the best taste. It's not over-done, it's just perfect. Love his slide three cords technique.

Steely Dan who is one of my favorite band. They had excellent guitarists (Walter Becker co-founder of the band, Larry Carlton, etc), they always hired the very best studio musicians they can find and some of them were jazz musicians. They hired Knopfler on the album Gaucho to play on the song Time out of Mind.

Mark Knopfler is a very nice person in interview, he's so classy. He wrote songs for the first solo album of Tina Turner such as Private Dancer. We can recognise his musical signature on that song.

Reactions: OldCraig71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad