OT: Music Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Daft Punk are done after 28 years. Too bad. One of my favourites.

Always a shame when a band calls it quits,why? only knew/know a few tunes from them,liked what I heard.
My guys,GE, just disbanded after almost 60 years! Understand why but still it upsetting nonetheless.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Always a shame when a band calls it quits,why? only knew/know a few tunes from them,liked what I heard.
My guys,GE, just disbanded after almost 60 years! Understand why but still it upsetting nonetheless.

GE? General Electric? :skeptic:

Reactions: angusyoung

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Not sure why. Maybe creative differences? I don’t know. They clearly never had a thirst for touring. They peaked (commercially and critically) with their last album. But again, that was years ago. Not sure what changed today.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Not sure why. Maybe creative differences? I don’t know. They clearly never had a thirst for touring. They peaked (commercially and critically) with their last album. But again, that was years ago. Not sure what changed today.

When and what was their last release,will have to check it out.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I really like this version for some reason. It has a nice raw, casual feel to it. Richie Blackmore looking actually happy for once, drunk Ian Gillan making up lyrics on the spot, the goofy psychedelic effets, the cute german presentator at the beginning. It has a lot going for it !

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Lots of LSD helped. :laugh:
tumblr_mzvw8yDmvV1qap9uuo1_500.gif

Maybe I'll try that when I'm on the telescope stargazing and listening to this guys's stuff:cool:

Reactions: Runner77

Barilko

You are what you is
Jan 30, 2016
Some Americana< Southern Rock,Country,and throw in some Stones and you have the kick ass Drive By Truckers

Reactions: rik schau

Barilko

You are what you is
Jan 30, 2016
After The Edgar Winter Group's success with Free Ride and Frankenstein the lead guitarist Ronnie Montrose decide to go it alone... the result was one of Harder Rock's finest albums... There are some live versions out there from later on however ... i post the original audio only video as you need to here this as it was.... and for those who never heard of Ronnie Montrose... well do you recognize the lead vocalist that was (at that time) yet to be known by the masses....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->