OT: Music Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Covid brought me back to vinyl! During my Covid bout, I decided to buy a turntable and start a vinyl collection. Have not regretted that move! I love it.

There a richness and depth that can't be replicated. That being said,haven't bought any vinyl in forever! Can still buy vinyl? what they go for?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
More Miley for you from superbowl weekend. With Billy Idol and Joan Jett. I wouldn't wanna be Billy Idol on that stage. :)

I just found the whole concert on Youtube. Great stuff. "Hey Miley you're so fine, you're so fine you blow, my mind, hey Miley, hey Miley." :laugh:

Reactions: sheed36

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
How do you even know Anneke and Arjen?:huh:

This one reminds me of home:nod:

I know a lot of different musicians and bands, I take pride in having a wide range of musical knowledge and taste. It's gotten much easier with the Internet too. Actually it was here that someone posted an Anneke song.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I know a lot of different musicians and bands, I take pride in having a wide range of musical knowledge and taste. It's gotten much easier with the Internet too. Actually it was here that someone posted an Anneke song.

I thought it was all just an excuse to check out some chicks from other parts of the world.:jk:

Yes I too like that,keep an open mind and never know when something comes across the pleases are senses.
Anneke has been in a lot of different bands over the years and Arjen has been getting accolades in the NL since a very long time. Glad to see they are getting some well deserved attention outside of the NL.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
RE: Anneke. She is one with a multitude of styles, right at home doing metal and also wonderful on stage with just an acoustic guitar. It's shame she is so unrecognised and virtually unknown here.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
That too.

HLfXDu_GhsfoZbt5qm177oNYHABMSDrm3Izzg1KlkYIay-ZVYDkg8tdCBBUJdNHE3U7z7np__Fnga2n7BiIb539jBux4Jtk

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Covid brought me back to vinyl! During my Covid bout, I decided to buy a turntable and start a vinyl collection. Have not regretted that move! I love it.
What did you get? Old fashioned RCA outs or USB. I've thought about it when I see bins of used LP's in Thrift stores, new ones seem expensive.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My buddy is big into Euro Prog and Kraut rock. Big fan of PFM. He still finds stuff from the 80's but refuses to listen to newer stuff from more mainstream artists. Stuck in his ways also, and he used to be fun to jam with. Just like my brother in law who always starts playing with Sweet home Alabama. :laugh: :facepalm:

Would love to know which Euro prog rock songs your buddy favors. No cookie monster singers please. Thanks.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The guitar solo that begins around 4:36 is a gem. I'm on the third day of an incessant ear worm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forum93

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I am a hard rock guy but I have recently found these guys performing and acoustic version of a hit song, I really like it, the lyrics mean nothing to me but for some reason, I really like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad