OT: Music III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
En rolig sak som många inte vet är att han var medlem av Högerns Ungdoms Förbund när han växte upp, det var innan dom blev moderaterna. Jag tycker att hans musik och några av hans texter som Sevilla är bra, en annan är Flickan och Kråkan, när texterna är personliga och inte politiska. Det är svårt för mig att skriva på svenska med US rättstavning byggt in. Fan så svårt men det är bra att svära på, ingen annan än du och jag förstå. Jävlar anamma! :)
Haha, får man ens skriva på svenska?
Jag tror att Flickan och kråkan är en av anledningarna till att jag inte gillar honom. Farsan spelade den men jag tyckte den var väldigt obehaglig. Plus skånskan, och så delar väl inte han och jag världsyn helt och hållet...
Hoola Bandoola och Nationalteatern snubblar man ju på i sena tonåren per default som svensk.

Tycker du skriver bra svenska, hur länge har du bott i USA?
Varifrån i Sverige kommer du?

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
The "Viking song" is such a perfect tune!
I friend and I have discussed for ages wheter Jimmy Page is in fact the least outstanding member of Led Zeppelin. I rank them as one of the best groups of all times, not without their warts, but that is also one of the things that makes them great. They took chances, went places with their music, not everything turned out great, but they grew.

One of the greatest live bands that's for sure. It's like a perfect combination of one of the best rock drummers of all time, the musicianship of all members and great vocals. Plant is a big time Wolverhampton Wanderers fan btw, I read an autobiography about him so he must be happy when they are doing so good. He is also quite tall (6'1") for a Brit. I think Page is a great guitarist, I still wonder about if he plays the solo on You really got Me with the Kinks as he says or as the Kinks members say, it was Dave Davis.

Reactions: angusyoung

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Haha, får man ens skriva på svenska?
Jag tror att Flickan och kråkan är en av anledningarna till att jag inte gillar honom. Farsan spelade den men jag tyckte den var väldigt obehaglig. Plus skånskan, och så delar väl inte han och jag världsyn helt och hållet...
Hoola Bandoola och Nationalteatern snubblar man ju på i sena tonåren per default som svensk.

Tycker du skriver bra svenska, hur länge har du bott i USA?
Varifrån i Sverige kommer du?

Jag har bott här sedan 1999, jag har varit tillbaka en gång i Sverige det var 2010. Mitt pass gick ut före morsan och farsan dog och jag missade bådas begravning tack vare 9/11. Det tog flera månade innan jag fick ett nytt pass, innan tog det ett par veckor. Jag är från Nyköping men bodde på Roslagsgatan i Norrmalm från 1985 till 1999. Det var perfekt, kunde gå hem från krogen, hade gång avstånd till bad i Brunnsviken och Haga Parken. Jag älskar Stockholm, underbar huvudstad. Bra kollektiv trafik, bra restauranger, kvinnorna och du kan fiska lax i huvudstaden, fantastisk. Såg Djurgården vinna SM i elitserien även om mitt favoritlag är Färjestad. Spelade hockey och fotboll i Nyköping. Spelade i samma lag som Anders Steen som senare spelade en säsong för Winnipeg Jets.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Just got them both, the Kindle versions but will go to Powell's when they reopen to get second hand copies since I like to look at pictures sitting up. So far all your book recommendations have been top notch. :thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:
Thanks. There is a significant contrast in the two books, maybe partly because of the difference in time when they were written. NY had quite a few life experiences in between. He is really into cars, model trains and achieving better quality sound. I noticed what he was talking about when I played my oldest vinyl album (Stones-High Tide & Green Grass) and it still sounds great, better then cds.

Also have his second autobio (Special Deluxe) which is about his cars. He has been very attached to them. Hìs first car he called Mortimer Hearseburg or Mort. It was an old hearse that was great for transporting the band`s equipment. Waging Heavy Peace was a real smooth read, it can get repetitive though about his quest for better sound. Shakey is exhaustive, half the book is quotes from Neil himself, the other half quotes from many people close to him. Have on order `Neil & Me `written by his father, the late famous sports writer Scott Young.

Edit: I believe the song `Long May You Run ` is about Mort.

Last edited:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Thanks. There is a significant contrast in the two books, maybe partly because of the difference in time when they were written. NY had quite a few life experiences in between. He is really into cars, model trains and achieving better quality sound. I noticed what he was talking about when I played my oldest vinyl album (Stones-High Tide & Green Grass) and it still sounds great, better then cds.

Also have his second autobio (Special Deluxe) which is about his cars. He has been very attached to them. Hìs first car he called Mortimer Hearseburg or Mort. It was an old hearse that was great for transporting the band`s equipment. Waging Heavy Peace was a real smooth read, it can get repetitive though about his quest for better sound. Shakey is exhaustive, half the book is quotes from Neil himself, the other half quotes from many people close to him. Have on order `Neil & Me `written by his father, the late famous sports writer Scott Young.

Edit: I believe the song `Long May You Run ` is about Mort.

Is he a Jets or a Leafs fan?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The "Viking song" is such a perfect tune!
I friend and I have discussed for ages wheter Jimmy Page is in fact the least outstanding member of Led Zeppelin. I rank them as one of the best groups of all times, not without their warts, but that is also one of the things that makes them great. They took chances, went places with their music, not everything turned out great, but they grew.

Led Zep will always remain one of my favorite bands

Reactions: angusyoung

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Good question. Believe he used to have season tickets to the Sharks. It may be the Jets though:

Neil Young singing a new tune for Jets | Montreal Gazette

I believe he had those Sharks tickets just to be able to watch the NHL I can't believe his dad was actually working for HNC and was fired because the co-owner of the Leafs didn't like him or his writings! He looked a lot like Neil and he seems to have had a fairly short temper? Neil's half sister is a good singer, I remember seeing her from live videos as a backup singer.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
I believe he had those Sharks tickets just to be able to watch the NHL I can't believe his dad was actually working for HNC and was fired because the co-owner of the Leafs didn't like him or his writings! He looked a lot like Neil and he seems to have had a fairly short temper? Neil's half sister is a good singer, I remember seeing her from live videos as a backup singer.
I'm sure his mother Rassy had a lot of influence on NY, including encouraging him with his music from early on. Dad wasn't the only celebrity, Mom was a panelist on a tv game show in Winnipeg (Twenty Questions) after his parents split. She was strong willed and seems to have passed it on to son. There are a number of quotes in 'Shakey' from her, seem to remember a few from Dad too.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
and my favorite Montreal artist while we are at it :)

I have seen him once in Sweden, just him and a guitar, very passable. I used to play some of his songs I also read his Beautiful Losers. There is a lot of snu-snu (to quote Edgy) in that book. Love his lyrics. I remember when trying to seduce a woman I often used Cohen on the turnstile, lots of red wine and candles. ;);)

Reactions: lo striver

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
What do you guys think about Daniel Lanois? I know he's from Quebec. He's more famous as a producer and it's hard to choose which is the best one he produced but I would go for Wrecking Ball with Emmylou Harris because he wrote 2 songs on that one showing his skills as a songwriter as well.

Kate & Anna McGarrigle and their first album is one of the best albums I have ever owned, not a single bad song on that one but some have become classics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad