OT: Music III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Blasphemy to like a Maiden song without Bruce (or at least Di’Anno) on the mic but they seen to play this over the PA often before they hit the stage and can’t find a version with Dickinson singing it

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
A little Newfoundland and Irish theme for today and a Thursday throwback to when I was much younger and really enjoyed partying it up..

This song is from Newfoundland's Alan Doyle with Dean Brody and filmed in what looks like O'Reilly's Irish Pub on George St in St. Johns so you know there was a party going on there b'y. :) I'm sure we've all had nights like this when out with friends really enjoying ourselves and not wanting the night to end. :nod:

This song is from Irish singer Derek Ryan. I've also had many nights like this where we were reluctantly pushed out the pub door at closing time and had to find somewhere else to go to finish up a great night so both songs go hand in hand. :)

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
A little Newfoundland and Irish theme for today and a Thursday throwback to when I was much younger and really enjoyed partying it up..

This song is from Newfoundland's Alan Doyle with Dean Brody and filmed in what looks like O'Reilly's Irish Pub on George St in St. Johns so you know there was a party going on there b'y. :) I'm sure we've all had nights like this when out with friends really enjoying ourselves and not wanting the night to end. :nod:

This song is from Irish singer Derek Ryan. I've also had many nights like this where we were reluctantly pushed out the pub door at closing time and had to find somewhere else to go to finish up a great night so both songs go hand in hand. :)

Head to a Kitchen Party

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Head to a Kitchen Party

Ah the good ol Newfoundland kitchen party. :) I've attended many a kitchen party over the years when the guitars and accordion would make an appearance when the drinks were flowing.

It certainly helped that many in my circle of friends were and still are damn fine musicians so we always seemed to have someone there who could play a guitar or accordion to entertain us. Nothing like a good night out with music and friends eh b'y. :thumbu:

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
More and more I see these channels pop up on Youtube, where someone listen for a specific song for the first time, and we get to see his or her reaction recorded live. Firth of Fith by Genesis is one of the most reviewed and interesting to see, but particularly by these two guys, who are completely blown away by it. You can tell the guy on the right is sweating so much at the end by his armpits lol. In fact he later became a complete fan of the band and started his own channel about it.

It's is very funny to watch their reaction actually lol

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

One of my friends dad had an LP with the Red Army Choir where they sing Russian folk songs and one of the songs was Kalinka. There was even a Swedish version where I remember a few words. "Som en stjärna skall du blinka Kalinka min vän"
It was written in 1862 by Larionov so the lyrics must be new/ :0

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad