OT: Music III

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Dire Straits didn't become dire Straits until the 80's.
70's Coldplay has got to be The Eagles, right?
5AoNdPS.jpeg

Yeah that's a good comparison. Eagles are corny af.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I liked Coldplay's first 2 albums. Then they turned to being trash and never looked back.

Like most artists. They come out with great material, then their agents and labels tell them what to do to get on the radio and make money and it becomes worthless.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Never really got into the Eagles, but I've come to appreciate them more as I've grown older. Not a great fan, never saw them before, but can't say I hate them.

They were fine live,but what a musical direction change over their history,from country to rock,odd.

Reactions: Forum93

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I was in attendance the last time Steve Hackett was in Montreal and played the entirety of the Selling England by the Pound album. It was a musical bliss.

I also like Genesis' other great album, A Trick of the Tail. This song:

If you are into Dance on the volcano, you should watch this analysis of it:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
If they had made the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway into a single album it would have perhaps been not as good as the 2 you mentioned but still very good, there are several good songs like the one about Caryl Chessman (sniffs the air etc) called The Fly on the Wall. The homage to Wordsworth with the "I wandered lonely as a cloud" called the Colony of Slippermen, "Erogenous Zones I love you" - Counting Out Time.

I am listening to the clip you posted, great! :thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Edit: Are there more videos from that concert?

I have a Love/hate relationship with the Lamb album. There are songs on this album, especially on the first disk that are absolutely amazing, "Fly on the wall/broadway melody of 74" on top, but on the other hand some others irritates me terribly. That's the only Genesis album that does that to me.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->