OT: Music III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
This is a Canadian band that I discovered randomly on YT some years ago.

The song I noticed first

the live version with beer cans opening

A live show they released recently

Mind you. I'm mostly a Metal fan. I like some old prog or classic rock bands, some indie or local stuff and some folk stuff from overseas. This band is so far away from what I usually listen to. Mumford & Sons is probably the reason why I like those Canadian guys. And it's the only other band that comes close to this one that I listen to.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Here is a Swedish song written by Mikael Wiehe who used to be a member of prog group called Hoola Bandoola Band. This is my favorite of all his songs. It is a story about a couple that travel to Seville, then suddenly his female partner wants to break up and he sings about staying in Seville where the women are beautiful, how beautiful the city is and he hates the thought of going back to Sweden where the winter darkness and the cold will soon take over. On the album there is a nice acoustic slide guitar as well.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
One of the first super groups, they once had both Jeff Beck on lead and jimmy Page playing bass. When Beck left Page played the lead.

250px-Yardbirds_including_Page.JPG

Paul Samwell-Smith who later became a famous producer and produced the 2nd and 3rd Cat Stevens albums, Jethro Tull and Carly Simon.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I remember his insane guitar playing on selling England by the Pound, one of my favorite albums,.

I was in attendance the last time Steve Hackett was in Montreal and played the entirety of the Selling England by the Pound album. It was a musical bliss.

I also like Genesis' other great album, A Trick of the Tail. This song:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I was in attendance the last time Steve Hackett was in Montreal and played the entirety of the Selling England by the Pound album. It was a musical bliss.

I also like Genesis' other great album, A Trick of the Tail. This song:

If they had made the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway into a single album it would have perhaps been not as good as the 2 you mentioned but still very good, there are several good songs like the one about Caryl Chessman (sniffs the air etc) called The Fly on the Wall. The homage to Wordsworth with the "I wandered lonely as a cloud" called the Colony of Slippermen, "Erogenous Zones I love you" - Counting Out Time.

I am listening to the clip you posted, great! :thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Edit: Are there more videos from that concert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->