OT: Music III

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I was lucky enough to catch them before they retired.

I found this just now, great concert. Drummer Jeff Porcaro does a great job offering a crisp, steady beat throughout without overplaying. Some great solos by all of them.

Intro user text:

This is my favourite Toto gig ever, it was only ever shown on TV. The released version of '1990 Live in Paris' has clips from different nights at the venue. The band are absolutely on fire and the female vocals at the very end of the gig (after the credits) on Hold The Line are just outrageous!! It has been transferred from an old VHS tape so the quality is very 1990!! Enjoy.

0:09 Love Has the Power
7:35 Animal
12:34 Georgy Porgy
19:02 Child's Anthem
21:50 Africa
28:56 I Won't Hold You Back
34:38 Rosanna
42:14 Hold the Line

Saw these guys way back and guess it was not a memorable show as I recall nothing about it but that happens when you see a lot of shows. Some you remember for the pleasant surprise,better than anticipated others for the disappointment,not living up to what one was expecting. Great having u tube and can see shows again and revive some memories.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sorry to hear that,always sad when we lose someone we admired.

Thanks for your kind words.

I wasn’t a fan of the drummer, just had an interest in the band. I didn’t find that he was exceptional, he just played his part. But, I’ve later found out that he was a real nice guy and that always hits me in the gut. Plus, another victim of Covid — every one of them is one too many.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Delete

Last edited:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
That intro babble “I knowwwwwwww, there’s a lot of people heahhhhhhhhhhhhh, yeahhhhhhhhhhhh” backed up by drum fills, is the highlight of the clip. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Never listened to them intentionally, never will. I just think they looked ludicrous and I can't stand the bass player. If I met him on the street I would probably react by giving him a bunch of fives. :)

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
That intro babble “I knowwwwwwww, there’s a lot of people heahhhhhhhhhhhhh, yeahhhhhhhhhhhh” backed up by drum fills, is the highlight of the clip. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

''the greatest band in the land'':laugh:

It was the only song I know about gin as I was dabbling with concocting a gin blend mix that opened up Pandora's box. Tried so many variations and have felt like crap since,easily played my worst round in a decade.:mad:

Reactions: Runner77

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Never listened to them intentionally, never will. I just think they looked ludicrous and I can't stand the bass player. If I met him on the street I would probably react by giving him a bunch of fives. :)

Is that you Per? thought this guy stole your avatar for a moment:laugh:
142887.jpg

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Doesn't top Eddie Vedder IMHO. His singing repertoire is one of the most varied and melodic.

The few die hard Pearl Jam fans that I know will definitely concur,best thing since sliced bread,and I love sliced bread! but wouldn't go that far. The accolades however are of course subjective to ones appreciation. This was the last time seeing them,been a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad