OT: Music III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The only other song that came to mind was Time passages as not too familiar with his music,although it's is nice and easy to listen to.

I heard just the ending of Year of the cat when I got in the car and it brought me back in time, was living in my " The graduate" movie type moment and she was always playing it.:(

Time passages also got a lot of airplay for him, after Year of the cat. I don't think there was more than that for him.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He lucked out on that riff that landed on his lap for Year of the cat. Let's just call him a 1.5 hit wonder. We'll give him a .5 for Time Passages. :sarcasm:

upload_2020-11-3_13-13-4.jpeg

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Had an ear worm for this song, for over a month now.

I'm particularly smitten by how Bill Bruford and Phil Collins are performing.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Well at least Magic Mushrooms will be legal after the election in Oregon. Heavy drugs in small amounts will also change and it is either $100 dollar fine or going into treatment, not years in prison.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Well at least Magic Mushrooms will be legal after the election in Oregon. Heavy drugs in small amounts will also change and it is either $100 dollar fine or going into treatment, not years in prison.
I may have to pay a visit at some point :naughty: I've been to Seattle ( many years ago ) but I've never been to Portland , looks like an all around cool place. If I ever decided to live in the states I'd definitely be looking at the west coast.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Something that I believe was on rotation on CHOM many moons ago ...

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Christened in the new screen with this. When the brass joins in,it just elevates it even more. Not as good as being there,but it'll have to do until we can go and do things like this again.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was lucky enough to catch them before they retired.

I found this just now, great concert. Drummer Jeff Porcaro does a great job offering a crisp, steady beat throughout without overplaying. Some great solos by all of them.

Intro user text:

This is my favourite Toto gig ever, it was only ever shown on TV. The released version of '1990 Live in Paris' has clips from different nights at the venue. The band are absolutely on fire and the female vocals at the very end of the gig (after the credits) on Hold The Line are just outrageous!! It has been transferred from an old VHS tape so the quality is very 1990!! Enjoy.

0:09 Love Has the Power
7:35 Animal
12:34 Georgy Porgy
19:02 Child's Anthem
21:50 Africa
28:56 I Won't Hold You Back
34:38 Rosanna
42:14 Hold the Line

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I posted many times over the years about Italy’s iconic band, I Pooh.

And now comes word that their drummer, Stefano D’Orazio has died of Covid.

He won’t mean anything to those who didn’t follow the band but to those who knew of him, Twitter is remembering in a cascade of heart wrenching messages and how much of a good guy he was. He had co-authored a song to fight Covid.

Saw I Pooh perform twice in Montreal, no other Italian band had their impact over so long. They were the Italian Beatles — many of their songs will last forever.

Waking up with a heavy heart. RIP Stefano.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I posted many times over the years about Italy’s iconic band, I Pooh.

And now comes word that their drummer, Stefano D’Orazio has died of Covid.

He won’t mean anything to those who didn’t follow the band but to those who knew of him, Twitter is remembering in a cascade of heart wrenching messages and how much of a good guy he was. He had co-authored a song to fight Covid.

Saw I Pooh perform twice in Montreal, no other Italian band had their impact over so long. They were the Italian Beatles — many of their songs will last forever.

Waking up with a heavy heart. RIP Stefano.

Sorry to hear that,always sad when we lose someone we admired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia