OT: Music II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Cried as in a bad way? I've seen Mellencamp with his full band but never acoustic.

He has been known to be a bit of a diva for a long time, wasn't he once the US version of D Bowie but didn't have that androgynous appearance and looked more like drag artist? When I saw him he was very generous with himself and did come back for 2 encores of which one was Jack & Diane.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Another Canadian band I found in my album collection,

That was really nice, the singer sounds a little bit like Jeff Lynne.

Of course Canada has had some great bands. One of my favorites are The Guess Who. This song is of course still valid given the current troubles in the US. Burton Cummings is one of my all time favorite singers and Bachman is a very good guitarist.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
He has been known to be a bit of a diva for a long time, wasn't he once the US version of D Bowie but didn't have that androgynous appearance and looked more like drag artist? When I saw him he was very generous with himself and did come back for 2 encores of which one was Jack & Diane.

I don't recall him being the US version of Bowie. I don't think he's really changed his image that much, but did change his name several times- I think his first name was John Cougar.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Yes I'm still under Grace's spell. :) She's been doing these quarantine videos as well and here's her cover of The Stones "Dead Flowers" that was posted yesterday. I like it.

That is a great version, she really got nice pipes and the rest ain't bad either.
She's got the same type of guitar as I have the Gibson J45, it took me 2.5 minutes before I even saw the guitar.;)

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I don't recall him being the US version of Bowie. I don't think he's really changed his image that much, but did change his name several times- I think his first name was John Cougar.

I might be wrong but somewhere back in my head was that he started maybe not as a glam rocker but that he wore makeup. I haven't found anything clearly that shows he had makeup but this one looks a bit like he has something.
He hasn't aged that well.

john-mellencamp-the-kid-inside1.jpg

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Came across this about when BBC at first rejected David Bowie before having him being on Top of The Pops a year later when Starman was a hit.
"a cockney chap, but not outstanding enough, devoid of personality".

Reactions: Runner77

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I might be wrong but somewhere back in my head was that he started maybe not as a glam rocker but that he wore makeup. I haven't found anything clearly that shows he had makeup but this one looks a bit like he has something.
He hasn't aged that well.

john-mellencamp-the-kid-inside1.jpg

Man, he's so young there, I wouldn't recognize him at all. Still, don't remember him associated with glam rock but didn't follow his career too closely.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Man, he's so young there, I wouldn't recognize him at all. Still, don't remember him associated with glam rock but didn't follow his career too closely.

One of his girlfriends was for a while one of my favorite actresses until she decided to go crazy with the nip and tuck and in the end she really looked terrible. That was not a good decision Meg Ryan! She looked so natural in Sleepless in Seattle and all her films around that time.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
That is a great version, she really got nice pipes and the rest ain't bad either.
She's got the same type of guitar as I have the Gibson J45, it took me 2.5 minutes before I even saw the guitar.;)

I thought it was a very well done version as well. I noticed the guitar but didn't notice the bass player and drummer in the bottom corners until the song was about half over though. :)

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
One of his girlfriends was for a while one of my favorite actresses until she decided to go crazy with the nip and tuck and in the end she really looked terrible. That was not a good decision Meg Ryan! She looked so natural in Sleepless in Seattle and all her films around that time.

Meg Ryan and Courtney Cox,plastic surgery fails!

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
That was really nice, the singer sounds a little bit like Jeff Lynne.

Of course Canada has had some great bands. One of my favorites are The Guess Who. This song is of course still valid given the current troubles in the US. Burton Cummings is one of my all time favorite singers and Bachman is a very good guitarist.

My favorite Canadian band all-time is Rush, some don't like Geddy Lee's vocals but the musicianship can't be denied. This is a long song, but well worth listening through-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad