OT: Music II

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He comes across very sympathetic as well. When I saw the Kinks live I got pissed off on Ray Davies who I think is a songwriting genius. He went around with a glass of wine and sang the Banana Boat Song for 30 minutes and his brother got pissed off too, no wonder they fought at times.

Saw them in the 70's? don't remember anything from the show,dull probably.Usually something to recall,good or bad.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Wow, thanks for bumping this man! Gary Numan was the first concert I saw, circa 1980 at the Forum. It was the Pleasure Principle tour, I was 13 or 14 and I was blown away by the theatrics. I saw that concert with my friend Robert and his older brother. I think Saga opened for them.

Holy shit I just found this: Gary Numan, Montreal The Forum, Canada, 15th October 1980

I like him,not a lot of songs,but was good in the day,still listen to him occasionally. Saw him with Nash the Slash at St.Denis the first time. One of my sisters drove us and we got pulled over by the cops,she was a manic in a car. She used to model and did beauty contests and that sort of thing,she popped a few buttons and of course,no ticket.Fun times!:)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So uh what inspired you guys to play this?:DD

I know that's a rhetorical question but I'll bite anyway.

It was the easiest song that a beginner band could attempt. We were all naive, nervous and inexperienced. Even a non-musician could play it on drums. :sarcasm:

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I know that's a rhetorical question but I'll bite anyway.

It was the easiest song that a beginner band could attempt. We were all naive, nervous and inexperienced. Even a non-musician could play it on drums. :sarcasm:

Not it was not a rhetorical question,it stems from curiosity,but sounds plausible. The lyrics are pretty easy as well.
What other songs did you guys play?

upload_2020-5-14_8-58-33.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad