Pre-Game Talk: Music City here we come. Feb. 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
MTLvsNSH-640x340-a659b909ed.jpg
I hate these long breaks between games. No news on Muller getting canned? Fix that PP pronto.

Isn't it a 30th vs 31st PP matchup?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

What a moronic idea for a 4th line. This isn't 2011.

Didn't he learn that.in 2016 with the King, Martinsen, and Ott additions???

This is ridiculous...But we know it was Julien who asked MB for that type of 4th line in 2016, and it seems he did so again.

I think they'll be a disaster.

Reactions: Uncle Gary

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
What a moronic idea for a 4th line. This isn't 2011.

Didn't he learn that.in 2016 with the King, Martinsen, and Ott additions???

This is ridiculous...But we know it was Julien who asked MB for that type of 4th line in 2016, and it seems he did so again.

I think they'll be a disaster.
What's wrong with that 4th line?

Weise and Thompson are upgrades on Chaput and Agostino while DLO was there the whole season!

What are you crying about exactly?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What's wrong with that 4th line?

Weise and Thompson are upgrades on Chaput and Agostino while DLO was there the whole season!

What are you crying about exactly?

you will see. I'll talk to you about it 10 days. No point in arguing over something that hasn't happened.

But what you call crying is just someone saying what you don't want to hear.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
you will see. I'll talk to you about it 10 days. No point in arguing over something that hasn't happened.

But what you call crying is just someone saying what you don't want to hear.
Dude! Even if they completely suck out there they will still be better than what we had before!

So what's your point?

Are you angry they sent Chaput to the AHL and lost Agostino on waivers or something?

Reactions: Holystik

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Dude! Even if they completely suck out there they will still be better than what we had before!

So what's your point?

Are you angry they sent Chaput to the AHL and lost Agostino on waivers or something?

Just because something is better than a disaster, doesn't mean it's not just a better disaster.

Julien said he wanted a 4th line like his 4th line in Boston in 2011. I think that's flawed reasoning. The league is not the same league as it was in 2011. Hopefully he's right and I'm wrong. I don't see it working out well.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Just because something is better than a disaster, doesn't mean it's not just a better disaster.

Julien said he wanted a 4th line like his 4th line in Boston in 2011. I think that's flawed reasoning. The league is not the same league as it was in 2011. Hopefully he's right and I'm wrong. I don't see it working out well.
That 4th line he got in Boston was great btw.

If you can trust your 4th line defensively and send them out there against other team top lines it gives your team a huge advantage in matchups!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That 4th line he got in Boston was great btw.

If you can trust your 4th line defensively and send them out there against other team top lines it gives your team a huge advantage in matchups!

The 4th line in Boston was great in 2011. This isn't 2011.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
We'll see about that in 10 days. Talk to you then.
We don't need to wait 10 days.

Your complaints make no sense today, tomorrow and it will be the same in ten days!

Thompson and Weise are upgrades on Chaput and Agostino! It ends there.

Reactions: Holystik

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We don't need to wait 10 days.

Your complaints make no sense today, tomorrow and it will be the same in ten days!

Thompson and Weise are upgrades on Chaput and Agostino! It ends there.

No it doesn't if they're also disasters.

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008
Even if they're indeed disasters as you say, Bergevin got them basically for free! Why complaining?
I will never understand those who are complaining about the last two moves BargainBin made. Literally gave up nothing, so if they don't pan out we are no worse than we were yesterday. :huh:

Reactions: a55p2 and Holystik

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Even if they're indeed disasters as you say, Bergevin got them basically for free! Why complaining?

This is true. There's nothing wrong with the two transactions. I didn't say the transactions weren't good. I said I don't think this 4th line will be a good one. It will probably be better than the other 4th lines we've had, but I'm not projecting them to be adequate. I could be wrong of course. I've been wrong in questioning Bergevin/Julien moves before, but I've also been right.

Ultimately, because it's done 15 days before the deadline, there is still a little time to upgrade if need be. I'd rather a 4th line still have speed and skill, in addition to being defensively responsible. A little toughness is good, but still secondary to speed, and even secondary to skill. One fourth line I liked from the time we knocked top seeded Boston out of the playoffs was Bournival-Briere-Weise (younger Weise and Weise suited for the old NHL). I hope we're getting the same Weise. But I just don't know how his game would translate.

My ideal 4th line would be Marcus Johansson-Derrick Brassar-Weise/Shaw/Lehkonen/Byron. To me that's like a 2nd third line and adds good depth in case of injury. But those two MAY be too expensive. We'll see what they end up going for. I have a feeling they're under-valued in the market.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I will never understand those who are complaining about the last two moves BargainBin made. Literally gave up nothing, so if they don't pan out we are no worse than we were yesterday. :huh:

Mindboggling! Complaining just to complain and nothing else.

And I mean I could even bet with anyone around here that Thompson is an upgrade on Chaput and that Weise will bring more than Agostino did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad