OT: Music being played at Leaf games

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I will say: the music at Raptors games is far superior in terms of atmosphere, appropriateness, timing, etc. when compared to Leaf games. You would think its a completely different arena.

The music at Leafs games is best described as...incoherent.
So true. The Leafs do a lot of cringy stuff, the goal song is also terrible.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
The Hall and Oates song after a goal absolutely sucks, and this is coming from a Hall and Oates fan. They literally have 15 songs better than that one.

I used to poke fun at my Hab fan buddies when they'd play Coldplay or U2 "Vertigo" after their goals, now I hang my head in shame for our stupid goal song
It's weird because we used to have zombie nation which was a great goal song and ahead of it's time, and great at getting the crowd into it. Not sure why we've gone backwards.

Unfortunately the Bruins have ruined zombie nation for me now though..

Reactions: filthyMitz

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Yeah, hockey's way more entertaining, you're right. Just look at the television ratings.
The ratings explosion was a lightning in a bottle situation. I would guess that if the Raps come out as a middle of the pack or worse team, their regular season ratings are going to suffer.

If you're referring to US ratings- who cares? I can't relate to the pop culture down there, which is essentially what the NBA and ESPN is about. Not taking anything away from the league, they've completely succeeded in cashing in. You can bring your basic girlfriend/ boyfriend to a game and they're entertained by the sideshow. It's genius really.

As a sports fan, I honestly couldn't wait to leave the arena all three times that I've attended. It's literally 25% game and 75% crap.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
It's weird because we used to have zombie nation which was a great goal song and ahead of it's time, and great at getting the crowd into it. Not sure why we've gone backwards.

Unfortunately the Bruins have ruined zombie nation for me now though..

Did Dubas waive it? :p

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
We need some music with excitement. Feel like I should be skipping through a meadow at Leaf games now. Or like I'm in a crap car commercial

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK
I could stand to hear less Quiet Riot "Cum On Feel the Noise" this year...I don't mind that era at all, but man...every third period. Crazy Train is equally played out.

I got used to the Hall & Oates goal song, but that's a single-season use for sure...time to change it up.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
The music at Leafs' games has always sucked. The atmosphere at Raptor's games are much better specifically because of the music, and I'm not a hip hop, contemporary music guy.

For me, hockey and rock go hand in hand. Give me some AC/DC, Metallica, Queen, Linkin Park, Tragically Hip, Monster Truck, Motley Crue, Sum 41....

That stuff gets the heart pumping and the juices flowing........... and I do love the Sweet Caroline in the 3rd! :)

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I could stand to hear less Quiet Riot "*** On Feel the Noise" this year...I don't mind that era at all, but man...every third period. Crazy Train is equally played out.

I got used to the Hall & Oates goal song, but that's a single-season use for sure...time to change it up.

Still much better than the Welcome Back Kotter theme song that would play religiously in between gameplay during the 00' era....(shivers).

Reactions: OddyOh

harvestglen

Oct 29, 2013
Anyone know the name of that song they often play that goes "Woo oo" in a call-and-response with the audience?

landeskog11

Jan 14, 2012
Anyone know the name of that song they often play that goes "Woo oo" in a call-and-response with the audience?

Gwen Stefani sweet escape

here are some from previous games
chic good times
gold on the ceiling black keys
snap i got the power-- in the middle of a powerplay
maroon 5 moves like jagger
darude sandstorm

Reactions: harvestglen

NiftyMits

Mar 24, 2018
Dont Stop Me Now or Another One Bites the Dust by Queen would be suitable Goal songs I think

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
The music is old and outdated. Leafs need a new DJ. Should be capturing the youth like the Raptors.

Leafs have 15000 season ticket holders who tend to be an older age bracket, long time seat holders which also include corporate / suits. This is why the music is what it is. They want to cater to there audience.

As for raptors / nba fans in general the crowds tend to have a wider age demographic and ethnicities and need to appeal to the masses. Also the raps / jays employ night club dj’s to handle the in game musical experiences.

What I’d like to see is individual goal scoring songs. Each player has a song of there choice played when they score. Similar to walk up music in baseball. While the rest of the in game should be some top 40, 80’s -90’s, rock, oldies / but goodies

Reactions: dsred and OddyOh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad