OT: Music being played at Leaf games

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I've never really thought about this but I think the chorus of this old classic would be a perfect goal song:

Can't Get Enough Of Your Love!

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Worst music in the NHL. Of course music is subjective but I feel we need more rock or music with UMPH. More energy to pump both the crowd and team up.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

Legendary

Sep 1, 2016
instead of playing a lullaby every time we score, shouldn't we be laying down on the horn, you know steal energy and momentum from the other team..
‘That might offend the opposing players’- kyle dubas probably

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
One thing that’s great about Nashville is the fans participate in the entertainment. The in game entertainment is terrific and fun.

Vegas is on another level

The Leafs really need to up their entertainment game.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I mean, its hockey bruh. The sport, and culture around the sport, are stuck in the 80's anyway. May as well lean into it. Pump some ACDC and GnR into the building and play she drives me crazy once every few periods and watch the white people dance. Fairly simple recipe.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I will say: the music at Raptors games is far superior in terms of atmosphere, appropriateness, timing, etc. when compared to Leaf games. You would think its a completely different arena.

The music at Leafs games is best described as...incoherent.

Basketball realizes that 90% of the game is meaningless so they add entertainment to keep fans interested.

The first NBA game i ever saw was in San Antonio , Texas, about 5 yrs ago, and I couldn’t believe they were playing music and other entertainment during play but the fans knew routine and were signing alone.

It’s that way every game I’ve attended - Denver, Orlando, Memphis, Atlanta.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Basketball realizes that 90% of the game is meaningless so they add entertainment to keep fans interested.

The first NBA game i ever saw was in San Antonio , Texas, about 5 yrs ago, and I couldn’t believe they were playing music and other entertainment during play but the fans knew routine and were signing alone.

It’s that way every game I’ve attended - Denver, Orlando, Memphis, Atlanta.

Yeah, hockey's way more entertaining, you're right. Just look at the television ratings.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I will say: the music at Raptors games is far superior in terms of atmosphere, appropriateness, timing, etc. when compared to Leaf games. You would think its a completely different arena.

The music at Leafs games is best described as...incoherent.

Raptors games are very entertaining and the music selection is good. I really like it every time I go. The Leafs product package is not that great tbh and much of that is the music doesn't fit the pace or spirit of the sport.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yeah, hockey's way more entertaining, you're right. Just look at the television ratings.

What does that have to do with anything ?

In Canada doesn’t the CFL typically have higher ratings than NBA?
When Toronto won I suspect they had pretty good ratings, but then again, so didn’t the women’s US Open tennis final.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
they need a refresh, and definitely some edgier songs more heavier rock than Bieber garbage. Seems like Boston play edgier music and it fells like it gives them a perception of being hard. They have the hometown dropkick murphy's amongst others to play too though.

How's is all top 40 Bieber style pop, aimed at teens.

Of course the music doesn't really effect anything on ice, but edgier music is just more suited to hockey imo

Edit: and stop with crazy train every north American team/arena uses that song and ruined it. I get this seems counter to above point but that one song is done to death

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
One thing that’s great about Nashville is the fans participate in the entertainment. The in game entertainment is terrific and fun.

Vegas is on another level

The Leafs really need to up their entertainment game.

Those markets have to attract fans with gimmicks. Toronto does not need to do that. The game is the entertainment. I'd rather have Montreal's atmosphere than Nashville or Vegas. I don't really think highly of those markets at all.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Those markets have to attract fans with gimmicks. Toronto does not need to do that. The game is the entertainment. I'd rather have Montreal's atmosphere than Nashville or Vegas. I don't really think highly of those markets at all.
Went to a couple games in Montreal last year, the atmosphere wasn't really any different than Toronto.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Theyre not gimmicks, they are smart to sell every minute. The NBA does it all their markets.

If you would rather sit with your hands on your knees, then Toronto is perfect, but if you want to crack a smile or get amped up during a commercial break then you may want something else

Have you been to Nashville or Vegas to watch a game?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I'm going to go ahead and refer you to Hide's original post, referencing basketball and comparing in the in-Arena product of the respective sporting leagues.

Where I complimented the NBA for recognizing the need to add entertainment.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad