OT: Music being played at Leaf games

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Nah, MLSE with Leaf games seem to be completely inept and off the mark with how they present entertainment to the masses. Go look at how Montreal, Boston and Nashville present their games, and how incorporate the ENTIRE package of entertainment to their fans in arena AND at home, then come back and tell me it's the same thing.

If you don't think the crowd energy (or a lack there of ) doesn't have an effect on opposing teams and the outcome of games, then I have a bridge to sell you in the Sahara Desert.
Atmophere and presentation is no different than any I've been to in other cities. (Buffalo, Montreal, Ottawa, Columbus)
I haven't been to Nashville but I could see how the non traditional markets would need more gimmicks to hold peoples attention.
People go to be entertained by what happens on the ice, not what happens during stoppages.

Crowd energy was great last night.

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
I can't stand the goal song. I'm sure they could have chosen a better one.
Almost as annoying as Hughson's voice.

But hey, I'm glad I'm here bitching only about songs today lol.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Nope. Only allowed to dump the caviar in the champagne.

That’s too bloody bad.

I’m going to a Preds game next week and for 125 bucks I get a ticket in the lower bowl and access to the Lexus lounge with free beer before the game and between periods and a buffet with wings and other fine finger foods.

landeskog11

Jan 14, 2012
I can't stand the goal song. I'm sure they could have chosen a better one.
Almost as annoying as Hughson's voice.

But hey, I'm glad I'm here *****ing only about songs today lol.

I could have sworn they were playing good vibrations marky mark but that was only my imagination, it was playing in my head when leafs scored.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
The season opener intro, and introduction of JT as our new Captain last night.....Horrible. When will MLSE stop placating the old fuddy duddy's in the platinums, who wouldn't know a good time if it came up and bit their asses, and make moves to increase the overall entertainment value of their brand?....

They've obviously notice the effect it has on Raptors fans at home games. So why aren't they copying their model?... Other than the "Auston Matthews" chant, last night's crowd was ****ing bland and boring. The overplayed top 40's crap they play on the regular has alot to do with the pathetic levels of crowd energy at Leaf games imo, and will continue to be as quiet as a library unless the higher up's at MLSE grow a set, overhaul their crappy music selections, and change with the times.

Quoted for brilliance.

DcW

Feb 27, 2018
I was fortunate to be at the game last night. First live game for me in a few years. I noticed a distinct difference in the in game production. The music was much louder, the arena host was better than I've ever seen at a leaf game and thought overall was a more lively atmosphere.
As an aside, the arena would have exploded if 34 was named C. Not arguing for or against, just sharing the tone in the building

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
I'll be at the game this Saturday.

Can't wait to get down to some boomer rock and watch the habs collapse.

Will be great entertainment.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I'm not a huge fan of the artist but I feel like Feathers by Coheed and Cambria would be a great song to play in an arena and I don't really know why

It's like if you've ever seen Walter Mitty, the scene where he's skateboarding down the mountain should be backed by Welcome Home, Son by Radical Face. Why? I don't know, it just should

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I was fortunate to be at the game last night. First live game for me in a few years. I noticed a distinct difference in the in game production. The music was much louder, the arena host was better than I've ever seen at a leaf game and thought overall was a more lively atmosphere.
As an aside, the arena would have exploded if 34 was named C. Not arguing for or against, just sharing the tone in the building
Kind of a strange gasp when the announced Matthews was an 'A'. I convinced a few around me it was Marner when they skipped him after Kerfoot. lol.

I find the Arena Host terrible but he must be doing something right, it's now his 3rd or 4th season.
He seemed a little calmer than previous years which was nice.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Ok here's my take on the goal song. As a musician I recognize that it's a solid pop rock song. But it's not a good goal song. It's not very energetic or aggressive. . Something I think a good goal song should be.

It should take the energy of the crowd and multiply it with its energy which in turn should pump up the home team.

That's something I don't feel hall and oates does. Of course music like all art is subjective but that's my take.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Ok here's my take on the goal song. As a musician I recognize that it's a solid pop rock song. But it's not a good goal song. It's not very energetic or aggressive. . Something I think a good goal song should be.

It should take the energy of the crowd and multiply it with its energy which in turn should pump up the home team.

That's something I don't feel hall and oates does. Of course music like all art is subjective but that's my take.
I doubt the players even notice it.
One thing I noticed Wednesday, when they scored I noticed every girl around me was singing along.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad