Injury Report: Murray & Parros practicing with the team (no contact) Oct. 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I hope you are right. I guess the anonymity associated with being on an internet forum does allow a person to say or claim things they would not normally if their name was associated with it. More outlandish claims are easier to make that way.

Funny, this was the exact subject of my doctoral thesis, "Heights of Anonymity", which was conducted from the Space Shuttle.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 23h
#Habs Michel Therrien said none of the injured players skating - Emelin, Murray, Parros - are expected back "in the short term"

Because he was skating weeks ago I was hoping to see Emelin by November, anyone have any more info on his progress?

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
I look at our man games lost, and previous injury record. I'm not even going to dig past this season, but look at what happens when players end up here :

- Prust never missed a game in NY, comes here and here comes the injuries.
- Briere averages 75 games a year in Philly. Montreal - concussion 8 games in.
- Gionta was practically an iron man in NJ - injury riddled in Montreal

Prust got a concussion in 2009. But to be fair he's injured himself ramming the boards in Montreal. Other than the Finley fight, he's pretty much been the cause of his injuries.

Briere had 2 concussions while in Philly.

Gionta had 2 freak injuries (ripping your bicep) but that doesn't have anything to do with bigger role players over-extending themselves.

Honestly most injuries are random when it comes to the size of the players involved, as we can see some of the biggest teams in the NHL suffer a lot of injuries. There's really no correlation you can make between team size and injuries. At least I haven't seen any numbers that would support that theory.

The Sens aren't exactly small, and they were riddled with injuries last year. Injuries are par for the course in the NHL, no one is immune, and size really doesn't have much to do with it, at least from all the examples I've seen in the NHL. Big or small, they can all fall.

68*

Is it just me or Parros lost some weight?
BXMvnhjIgAERAKd.jpg

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
25% of the cap is on the injury list. -98.5

That's the problem I have with a hard salary cap and small differences between high spending teams and low spending teams.

A few injuries and boom, you're a cap floor team. And there's not much management can do to deal with this.

I think somebody gathered all the data of rank vs. man-games lost to injuries and there was a clear correlation between injuries and the team's final ranking.

Makes the whole thing a little unpredictable.

Analyzer*

I could have swore Murray would be close by now.

By close I mean around 2 weeks away.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Have a feeling there is something they are not telling us about Murray.

Last edited:

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Murray and Parros should be back by the end of november and Emelin sometimes in december.

Which is what concerns me about the Habs. Aside from Patches, why do all their players end up out longer than the team originally said? Murray was said to be 4-6 weeks from the last week of September. By my math, that should put him back well before "end of November."

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I heard Ekblad is a good hockey player, too bad Buffalo is going to win 3 games this year.

Maybe we'll win the lottery!

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Ready for some good news?????

Luc Gelinas ‏@LucGelinasRDS 18 min
Après avoir patiné avec Murray et Emelin, George Parros demeure sur la patinoire pour l'entraînement régulier. #RDS

Parros back with the team!!!!!!!!

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Après avoir patiné avec Murray et Emelin, George Parros demeure sur la patinoire pour l'entraînement régulier. #RDS

...Meh

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007

Finally one good news!! :)

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Considering the issue was a concussion and hit gets hit in the head for a living I'm kinda surprised he's already almost ready to play after being KO'd so hard.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Considering the issue was a concussion and hit gets hit in the head for a living I'm kinda surprised he's already almost ready to play after being KO'd so hard.

iirc, eller's concussion symptoms were gone even sooner than parros'. They're tricky things, concussions.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011

Concussions are such a weird thing. Briere got a piece of someone's shoulder and is out indefinitely, while Parros slammed his face into the ice, out cold, and is back skating with the team a couple weeks later.

Good for him. I'm glad he recovered well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino