Injury Report: Murray & Parros practicing with the team (no contact) Oct. 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Great, Murray is practicing with everyone. He'll come back soon.

When he and Emelin come back = wall. Also, Parros and Prust need to come back, as well as DD taking a hike so this team can finally start losing that smurf status.

Spectaculard

What am I a fruit?
Jan 25, 2007
Montreal
My concern is over who comes out for him. I agree he brings an element we can use, but we all know two things:

1. It should be Bouillon coming out.
2. It won't be.

Somebody should sneak in the habs dressing room and doctor Bouillon's jersey so his name seems more anglo. Then we have hope of Therrien sitting him.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
My concern is over who comes out for him. I agree he brings an element we can use, but we all know two things:

2. It won't be.

Right now the biggest liability is Diaz. I've defended him as being very valuable, smart, great offensive instincts, but so far he's looked timid on D and so-so moving the puck. Puck battles in the corner? Forget about it. Even his first pass is usually across the ice to the other D instead of hitting a forward. As you can see, I'm pretty disappointed in my boy Raphael so far. I can't imagine Therrien sitting him and I'm hoping he comes out of his shell, but he'd be my choice to warm the bench and get his head together. Even Bouillon has been more engaged in the play and stronger on the puck than Diaz.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Lol i couldnt of said it any better myself

so who comes out when emelin returns??

When both Murray and Emelin are back in the lineup, Diaz and whichever rookie D in Therrien favor will be benched. A healthy lineup will be interesting, I see a lot of revolving pairs.

DiXEN8

Oct 28, 2007
Gorges Subban
Markov Emelin
Murray Diaz/Beaulieu/Tinordi
Bouillon

Suddendly it gets tougher to get in our zone...

Without counting parros and prust replacing blunden and Holland

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The safe bet is that the rookie-du-jour will be sent back. Too bad. Beaulieu is actually stepping up, so it would be a shame to lose the momentum he's gaining. Yeah, he had that stupid giveaway last night, along with a couple of mental errors that caused needless icings, but overall, both his offensive instincts and defensive play looked very solid. In the long run, Beaulieu will benefit us much more than Murray, so I'm hoping he's allowed to continue his learning curve.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
The safe bet is that the rookie-du-jour will be sent back. Too bad. Beaulieu is actually stepping up, so it would be a shame to lose the momentum he's gaining. Yeah, he had that stupid giveaway last night, along with a couple of mental errors that caused needless icings, but overall, both his offensive instincts and defensive play looked very solid. In the long run, Beaulieu will benefit us much more than Murray, so I'm hoping he's allowed to continue his learning curve.

If Murray play like he did in pre-season, Beaulieu will be back soon enough.

I think playing big minutes in the AHL will not stop his learning curve.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Gorges Subban
Markov Emelin
Murray Diaz/Beaulieu/Tinordi
Bouillon

Suddendly it gets tougher to get in our zone...

Without counting parros and prust replacing blunden and Holland

'Tougher' is a tricky word. Definitely tougher if the opposition runs straight into them, but not necessarily tougher if Murray is a pylon and Tinordi is tentative, and forwards are zipping around them.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

2. It won't be.

Simple. Murray in, Diaz out. Emelin in, Boullion out.

Diaz, the offensive wizard, has 4 points so far. Boullion has two. Boullion is more physical than Diaz so that should be the order of replacement

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'm very excited for murrays return. Many have written him off but he's going to be a big help to our Dcore. I think MT will simply be forced to sit Boullion, but maybe he will hold onto him in our starting lineup until Emelin finally forces him out. It will mean a demotion for the AHLers though, unless someone really dominates.

My guess at MTs moves

Murray is back:
Markov-Subban
Gorges-Diaz
Murray-Boullion
Beaulieu

Emelin is back:
Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Murray-Diaz
Boullion

As I've said before, I'd prefer Markov with Gorges for the sake of having Emelin-Subban. The latter pairing could be a great 1st pairing. They can eat the minutes, they can play physical, Emelin is an upgrade of Gorges offensively, and they're both very mobile.

Of course, Emelin may have to be eased into the lineup, but if he shows he's ready for hard minutes, I say give Subban a partner who he can work with in all three zones, and then let our depth trickle down and solidify our defence.

I think people are going to be very surprised by how well Murray will do in the right role.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Simple. Murray in, Diaz out. Emelin in, Boullion out.

Diaz, the offensive wizard, has 4 points so far. Boullion has two. Boullion is more physical than Diaz so that should be the order of replacement

I would be willing to bet that it will be Murray in, Beaulieu out. Murray and him are playing the same side. While I dont agree, that is the most probable outcome.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
If Murray play like he did in pre-season, Beaulieu will be back soon enough.

I think playing big minutes in the AHL will not stop his learning curve.

What?

From what I can remember, he only played in 1 game, against Boston, and I loved what I saw. Guarded Price's crease like a boss, and held it down in our zone.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

2. It won't be.

lol when Emelin comes back it will be Murray coming out instead of Bouillon. He's a magician!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Whoever thinks the coaching staff will bench Bouillon under any circumstance, regardless of his performance, hasn't been paying attention to the Habs

Odds are if Bouillon thinks he can play another year, they're going to re-sign him

Although i'm not Bouillon's biggest fan...he hasn't been *that* bad this year, I can admit that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->