Injury Report: Murray & Parros practicing with the team (no contact) Oct. 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogtownhabsfan*

This has to be more most bipolar fanbase in the league. The least little bad thing happens and a chunk of the posters go into a state of psychosis and lose complete touch with reality.

I think has more to do with internet users than our fanbase. Go to the Leafs board, they say the same thing.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
This has to be more most bipolar fanbase in the league. The least little bad thing happens and a chunk of the posters go into a state of psychosis and lose complete touch with reality.

I think it's mostly a different crowd that comes out when we're losing.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
MB needs to start ringing the phones, this is hurting the habs, no beef in line up again,

can't afford to slip down the standings, can't make that up,

ring those phones, and see what is out there

This. Going 4 to 6 weeks with this line up is not the best thing to clinch a playoff spot.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
I think has more to do with internet users than our fanbase. Go to the Leafs board, they say the same thing.

I hope you are right. I guess the anonymity associated with being on an internet forum does allow a person to say or claim things they would not normally if their name was associated with it. More outlandish claims are easier to make that way.

I think it's mostly a different crowd that comes out when we're losing.

True, there are definitely people that come out when the Habs lose that you wouldn't see otherwise. I just wonder why they bother calling themselves fan and being on this forum if inventing problems is all they end up doing.

Sure these injuries suck and the team is far from perfect but calling for everyone's head seems useless and unfounded to me.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I imagine Parros should be back any day, same with Murray. Brière's concussion might not be too serious and we all know about Max's healing powers. Things are not as bleak as they seem.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I imagine Parros should be back any day, same with Murray. Brière's concussion might not be too serious and we all know about Max's healing powers. Things are not as bleak as they seem.

exactly, in a matter of weeks, everything will be replaced. This is a huge opportunity for some young guys though

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
And we've only lost one game after a nice 4-game win streak. :shakehead

And that's exactly why! The Bouillon/Desharnais/Moen/Brière/MT/Bergevin/etc. haters were starving. :laugh:

Still, those injuries suck big time. At least, we're not in a 42 games season. I can't wait to see the Habs with the full D-corp. Emelin and Murray instead of Bouillon-Tinordi will be something else.

Also, we should have Prust, Parros, Emelin and Murray ready for the next game against Toronto (Nov. 30). That will be interesting.

habsfan22

Jul 7, 2013
Apparently it's the other shoulder this time, so really, it's a whole new injury, unrelated to the one last season.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I love the way Prust competes, but I find myself cringing at times when he goes all out into the boards. This isn't his first shoulder problem and it probably won't be his last. It's just part of the package with Prust and we just have to deal with it. Habs will miss his versatility especially during this time of injury woes

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I feel like losing Briere is an addition by subtraction. He won't be missed, he is done as a good hockey player. He's terrible defensively, doesn't score and needs sheltering from other teams good players. Losing him does not hurt the team even a little bit. Not to say I wish him poor health, I hope he recovers fine in the end, but I don't think losing him will even be noticed.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Alright. If you are sure about it, can you prove it in any way, shape, or form?

Some form of evidence would be a nice addition to your assumption. It would give it some traction in terms of establishing it as a legitimate argument.

I look at our man games lost, and previous injury record. I'm not even going to dig past this season, but look at what happens when players end up here :

- Prust never missed a game in NY, comes here and here comes the injuries.
- Briere averages 75 games a year in Philly. Montreal - concussion 8 games in.
- Gionta was practically an iron man in NJ - injury riddled in Montreal

This team gets a lot of injuries because they ask players to fill a role they can't deliver on. It won't be long before Gallagher gets a nasty injury from playing outside his physical limits. You have to fill in the gaps on a small team with size at some point, Montreal has failed on this for years and years now. If your key players are big enough, I believe you will be fine. Montreal relies on small key players, they are not going to fair well unless they can pad them somewhere along the way.

I'm not saying I'm 100% right, but I believe it's a big part of the injuries we endure. You can't ask the small players to play 'big'.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I usually do, but I've been on vacation for the past week and haven't kept up with much. Give me a little while to get back in the swing of things and it'll be updated ;)

Hey no problem. I never really visited that thread so was really just wondering how it worked.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I feel like losing Briere is an addition by subtraction. He won't be missed, he is done as a good hockey player. He's terrible defensively, doesn't score and needs sheltering from other teams good players. Losing him does not hurt the team even a little bit. Not to say I wish him poor health, I hope he recovers fine in the end, but I don't think losing him will even be noticed.

The pure, pragmatic hockey-analyst in me agrees with you. But my nice-guy side feels bad that the under-performing, overpaid, brittle eight games we just witnessed may be Briere's final legacy.

None of us wanted to be this right about him.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013

According to what is posted on NHL.com today ... "While Emelin, Murray and Parros are skating, coach Michel Therrien said none of them will be returning "in the short term."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=687857&navid=nhl:topheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad