Injury Report: Murray & Parros practicing with the team (no contact) Oct. 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Concussions affect people differently, and there are different levels of concussions. I'm sure Parros went through all the MRIs before being cleared to play again.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Considering the issue was a concussion and hit gets hit in the head for a living I'm kinda surprised he's already almost ready to play after being KO'd so hard.

I think getting knocked out by nerve shock from a broken jaw are less brain scrambly (technical term, sorry) than direct blows to the skull; almost like a crumple zone on the front of your head, in a way, lol.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I think getting knocked out by nerve shock from a broken jaw are less brain scrambly (technical term, sorry) than direct blows to the skull; almost like a crumple zone on the front of your head, in a way, lol.

I remember somebody posting this thing after one of the crosby concussions on how rotational force can **** up your brain worse than just some direct hit. I'm probably completely ****ing up the point of the study, but I swear this thing existed.

idk

Jan 11, 2012
I remember somebody posting this thing after one of the crosby concussions on how rotational force can **** up your brain worse than just some direct hit. I'm probably completely ****ing up the point of the study, but I swear this thing existed.

I recall reading this somewhere too - that's why people who took straight up north-south blows to the head (like Parros, Eller and Pacioretty) seem to have an easier time getting back to symptom free than Crosby and Savard, who got struck to the side.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Which is what concerns me about the Habs. Aside from Patches, why do all their players end up out longer than the team originally said? Murray was said to be 4-6 weeks from the last week of September. By my math, that should put him back well before "end of November."

I think I read somewhere Murray wasn't far away.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005

And the 'stache is like an air bag. Or "hair bag" but that sounds weird.

Great to hear Parros should be playing soon!

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm glad Parros is back, really. But it's kind of a small deal.

Can't underestimate the confidence a tough guy can give a small line up like the one they're icing.

Everyone a little taller, a little less afraid of the corners and a little more physical. Although if a Montreal player makes contact with anyone their likely to get hurt so maybe he shouldn't come back.

BENCH HIM! :rant::rant:

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Your right about how concussions effect people.Former Dallas Cowboy great Qb Roger Stuabuch suffered more than 12 concussions but he became a suceesful businessman and a ceo of a corp.Others have had serious medical problems and even death.We each deal differently with problems in life

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I recall reading this somewhere too - that's why people who took straight up north-south blows to the head (like Parros, Eller and Pacioretty) seem to have an easier time getting back to symptom free than Crosby and Savard, who got struck to the side.

I believe I've read the same thing, actually.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Does someone on site Know who broke Guy Lafleurs jaw while playing for Quebec89-90 season.I dont remember off hand

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Gally - Eller - Gally
Bourni - Pleki - Gionta
Pacioretty - DD - Bourque
Prust - Briere - Moen/Parros/White

Cant wait to see Briere with his new partners

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Gally - Eller - Gally
Bourni - Pleki - Gionta
Pacioretty - DD - Bourque
Prust - Briere - Moen/Parros/White

Cant wait to see Briere with his new partners
Pacioretty is wasted with DD. He might as well play with Pleks so the Pleks line still has some sort of O threat. Bournival could play with DD and Bourque since he's still a rookie. The issue is Briere, who is a skill player trying to play the 4th liner center role...

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Parros was saying the last few days were the only days he has been absolutly sympthome-free. I wonder what the protocol is saying what he should do next. Since he's a fighter, I would have him do some boxing(with protective head-gear) to see how he reacts after some hits on his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->