Post-Game Talk (GBU): Much needed Panther wrangling

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
G:
Dahlin with a...hold on *hand to earpiece* 70% CF tonight. Scandella, too!

Skinner 2 G, 58% CF

Reinhart - sure, why not. He was good.

Pilut and Bogosian

Ullmark

B:

Ristolainen & McCabe: moreso Ristolainen, less so McCabe, but they probably both deserve it.

U:

WTF is wrong with Yandle? Not gonna lie, I've never really watched him play, but wasn't he like...THE proverbial "puck moving defenseman" who was coveted at the trade deadline and/or offseason trade bait a few years ago? Now he's basically a f***in goon? What is his deal? Does he only play like this against Buffalo, or is he always like this?

Last edited:

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Marty approves of the Eng strategy of if you get the puck try and shoot the empty netter as much as possible.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
U: Housley's ice time distribution. Pilut is clearly the Antipin on this team. Hell, even Antipin played more last year than Pilut did.

Euro free agents need not sign for a Housley coached team

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Good:
-I liked all 6 defensemen tonight, if I'm being honest. Surprised to see Scandella make the OP's bad list.
-Ullmark was solid when called upon.
-Skinner and Reinhart producing sans Jack.
-Larsson has become invaluable.
-I love seeing games like this one from Tage. Hopefully he can string them together more frequently.
-I found value in Sobotka tonight, if I'm being honest.

Bad:
-Okposo has never been the smart and savvy player the media has tried to portray him as over the years. He may be a leader and hardworker, but he's a low-IQ player with no vision or smarts. That was a costly penalty after a dopey turnover.
-Pominville and Mittelstadt played?
-Rodrigues was a tire fire tonight.
-Skinner seeing EN ice in "hattrick" good faith. Put your best defensive players out there in that spot, please.
-The Panthers just whine. I've grown to hate that group. Barkov and Luongo are the only two players I care to see succeed.
-The no-call on GA1.

Huge win.
Came to post this. This one drove me crazy.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
G:
A win!
Skinner!!!!!!!!!
Reinhart with the quietest 2 points ever
Pilut
Larsson
Thompson

B:
Scandella
Okposo
Mittelstadt

U:
Reffing early
The panthers play dirty. The rat is actually fitting.

A win!
the panthers are a vile dirty team..potvin is the worst homer apologist and they actually have skinner thrown around in their highlights between periods.. classless

Reactions: brian_griffin

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
When does Ullmark take more games from Hutton? Hutton's play as of late has been pretty average, and Ullmark seems to find ways to win games. Maybe we should be shifting work load to whoever the hot goalie is at the time, let the competitiveness of the players decide who the starter is.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
When does Ullmark take more games from Hutton? Hutton's play as of late has been pretty average, and Ullmark seems to find ways to win games. Maybe we should be shifting work load to whoever the hot goalie is at the time, let the competitiveness of the players decide who the starter is.
We shall see with Boston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad