Confirmed with Link: [MTL/STL] Marco Scandella (50% retained) for 2020 2nd round pick and cond. 2021 4th round pick

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
There is absolutely zero chance that any contract on this roster prevents us from re-signing our best player. If he moves on it will be because there was somewhere else he wanted to play or we refused to overpay for his services. Using one of your examples, we would move Schenn to fit Petro before we let him walk because of cap space.
I was just speaking to losing Petro regardless of the reason.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
You misunderstood. I wasn’t saying that they would go there, I was simply illustrating based on that player’s contract being mentioned that there isn’t a contract on this roster that will prevent us from signing Petro. If he leaves it will not be due to lack of cap space from any contract currently on the roster.
I guess I’m just not as convinced of that. I feel like it’s more realistic than people think that Armstrong draws a line in the sand of a number he feels comfortable with rather than handing Petro a blank check and saying “we’ll move anyone else out to make this work.”

I don’t see them moving just anyone. Yes there are lots of guys they wouldn’t hesitate to move. But if all those options were exhausted and somehow didn’t work, there’s zero chance they would ship Schenn out. That would be bush league and just isn’t happening.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I guess I’m just not as convinced of that. I feel like it’s more realistic than people think that Armstrong draws a line in the sand of a number he feels comfortable with rather than handing Petro a blank check and saying “we’ll move anyone else out to make this work.”

I don’t see them moving just anyone. Yes there are lots of guys they wouldn’t hesitate to move. But if all those options were exhausted and somehow didn’t work, there’s zero chance they would ship Schenn out. That would be bush league and just isn’t happening.
Again, you’re missing my point. I’m 100% convinced that Army has a “will not exceed” price, but that has everything to do with basic roster economics and nothing to do with him being restricted by any contract on the roster. If he refuses to go higher than $9.5M for example it will be because he believes it will be too difficult to build a championship roster paying one player that much money, not because he doesn’t have the cap space to go that high in his negotiations.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

I understand what both of you guys are getting at.

I just think that Pietrangelo is the lynch pin of the team. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's hard to see the team following their formula for success without Pietrangelo. Army himself admitted it's a 4yr window,(I forgot his actually words but you get the idea) and Pietrangelo is critical to it.

My position had been, if Pietrangelo was a walk risk, then it may have been more prudent to tear it down and rebuild it. May be unheard of after a cup win.... I dont think that's the case, I think Pietrangelo is just playing the long game. Everyone points to Toronto, does he really want to be a part of that clown show? He's going to be paid very well here, his life is here. Sure Toronto got Tavares....and I'd bet JT f***ing regrets that choice. 1st round exits, a piss poor built team, insane media and a rabid fan base that will straight up harrass his family.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
toronto wont have the cap space to sign him without moving people and that teams a dumpster fire

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
I understand what both of you guys are getting at.

I just think that Pietrangelo is the lynch pin of the team. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's hard to see the team following their formula for success without Pietrangelo. Army himself admitted it's a 4yr window,(I forgot his actually words but you get the idea) and Pietrangelo is critical to it.
Some would say the long-term success of the team hangs in the balance of re-signing Petro.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I would really love to see Scandella back next year, I think he will be an important piece moving forward for us. I see him and Mikkola as key pieces of our d-corps moving forward, along with Petro and Parayko. The others (Gunnar, Dunn, Faulk, Bortz) I could take or leave, Dunn much less so than the others, but I think if you can re-tool on the fly with Scandella and Mikkola on the left, and Parayko and Petro on the right, we’ll be A-OK.

But that corps will require some tough decisions, especially if Petro signs for what he’s worth. Dunn and Bortz can (and should) be kept around for cheap, but Gunnar is too old to contribute full-time, and Faulk is at best a role player that is getting paid like a Norris Trophy winner. I hope that we manage to trade them both (or commit to playing Gunnar as the pressbox guy).

Idk, I’ll just be sad if we have to let Marco walk because we have too much money tied up elsewhere. I think he’s really got a chance to be a big player here.

SIU LAW

Apr 29, 2006
Keith Jones just said on the NBC pregame show that the Blues were hoping to acquire Scandella a couple of years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad