Confirmed with Link: [MTL/STL] Marco Scandella (50% retained) for 2020 2nd round pick and cond. 2021 4th round pick

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
This is your answer Chief and Army?

Marco

****ing

Scandella

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I like the move. We gain more cap space for a deal for a forward, and we add a solid middle pairing guy to put with Colton.

I know Montreal paid less than us for him, but Botterill is just a bad GM.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's less acquiring Scandella that I don't like and more tossing away a 2nd on a depth d-man.
If he's viewed as Parayko's or Petro's partner, then it's not really a depth move. Granted, this could still be a pretty bad deal though, like the Michalek trade years ago.

Reactions: Blueston

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I had suggested Scandella a few times but was hoping he would come with Kovalchuk. I'd have been more comfortable giving up the 2nd for both players.

Montreal didn't really need to retain but this gives us the flexibility to add someone else.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
On one hand, who cares? We didn't really give up anything.

On the other, if Scandella gets a 2nd, how does DeMelo only get a 3rd? Doesn't that tell you that either Armstrong didn't feel like picking up the phone and talking to Ottawa (why wouldn't you?!) or that he forgot to? Yikes.

I don't care much about the 55th pick in the draft. But it would have been great if we got DeMelo out of it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

On the other, if Scandella gets a 2nd, how does DeMelo only get a 3rd? Doesn't that tell you that either Armstrong didn't feel like picking up the phone and talking to Ottawa (why wouldn't you?!) or that he forgot to? Yikes.

I don't care much about the 55th pick in the draft. But it would have been great if we got DeMelo out of it.
Army wanted more size and a lefty, so that meant Scandella over DeMelo. When compared to Dillon, he probably wanted more offensive ability, and Scandella gets a slight edge their.

Reactions: BleedBlue14

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003

Why would you want a 5th RHD?

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Hard to compare Demelo and Braun/Scandella. I’m assuming they liked Scandellas style of play for what they were looking for more than either of the other two. As much as it may not have mattered I see Demelo being a 6ft 180 righty versus scandella being a 6’3 215 lefty being a large factor in the why there.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad