Confirmed with Link: [MTL/STL] Marco Scandella (50% retained) for 2020 2nd round pick and cond. 2021 4th round pick

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
You Faulk haters need to relax.
Nobody isn't hating Faulk, we just hate you.

I don't like Van Ryan overall game. First he try half of season to find chemistry with Faulk - Pietro. They finally found it at end of November and December. After Parayko injury he separe them which is fine and it was right move, but after Parayko is healthy and back we don't see anymore that Faulk - Pietro pair. It kind of feel like that coach mindset is all over the place. I guess that Faulk brainfart was too much for coaches in that Draisatl goal where he piched oddly Pietro side etc.

I hate coaching staff misuse Faulk. We know what Faulk is at this point. Use his best attributes and dimish his weak area like PK. Instead of that they have increase Faulk PK icetime and limited icetime at powerplay. Its mindboggling how f***ing stupid d-core coach is. He has all the elements to create leathal group of 6 and still he misuse them. Thank God our d-core is so deep and top notch that even those crucial mistakes its working.

Now we have Scandella which looks fine, thank God for that Army, so this Van Ryan imbecile can solve the puzzle. Now Faulk's PK icetime has dimished which is good. Still we've to work out powerplay unite. Faulk should be there. Pietro is fine, but that 1st unite need Faulk, his speed, his quick decisions, quick shooting, sharp passing. Currently we need to wait 2nd powerplay unite to come in and work out what is left from penalty.

Nobody isn't hating Faulk just how he's misused.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I don't like Van Ryan overall game. First he try half of season to find chemistry with Faulk - Pietro. They finally found it at end of November and December. After Parayko injury he separe them which is fine and it was right move, but after Parayko is healthy and back we don't see anymore that Faulk - Pietro pair. It kind of feel like that coach mindset is all over the place. I guess that Faulk brainfart was too much for coaches in that Draisatl goal where he piched oddly Pietro side etc.

I hate coaching staff misuse Faulk. We know what Faulk is at this point. Use his best attributes and dimish his weak area like PK. Instead of that they have increase Faulk PK icetime and limited icetime at powerplay. Its mindboggling how f*cking stupid d-core coach is. He has all the elements to create leathal group of 6 and still he misuse them. Thank God our d-core is so deep and top notch that even those crucial mistakes its working.

Now we have Scandella which looks fine, thank God for that Army, so this Van Ryan imbecile can solve the puzzle. Now Faulk's PK icetime has dimished which is good. Still we've to work out powerplay unite. Faulk should be there. Pietro is fine, but that 1st unite need Faulk, his speed, his quick decisions, quick shooting, sharp passing. Currently we need to wait 2nd powerplay unite to come in and work out what is left from penalty.

You seemed confused about Van Ryn putting Gunnar and Petro back together, which probably explains your confusion about the pairings overall.

Gunnar was hurt in December and January, which is when the Faulk-Petro pairing really started to gel. Then Parayko got hurt and they split up Faulk-Petro in an effort to cover for Parayko's absence on the right side. Gunnar returned and started rounding back into form about 3 weeks ago. Almost the instant he started looking like the Gunnar from last year, he was paired back up with Petro (near) full time just like he was in the playoffs when they were both awesome.

We won the Stanley Cup with defense. Our reputation is that of a team with an elite blue line. Our defense was top 5 in the league last year and was the best blue line in the league through the playoffs with Gunnar-Petro on the top unit. Van Ryn was in charge of the group last year too.

Disagree with pairings all you want, but calling Van Ryn an "imbecile" and saying it is "mindboggling how f*cking stupid the d-core coach is" is arguably the dumbest thing I have ever seen on this forum. Calling the 5th highest scoring PP D man in the league "fine" and suggesting he should be replaced with Faulk is a pretty close 2nd though.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
You seemed confused about Van Ryn putting Gunnar and Petro back together, which probably explains your confusion about the pairings overall.

Gunnar was hurt in December and January, which is when the Faulk-Petro pairing really started to gel. Then Parayko got hurt and they split up Faulk-Petro in an effort to cover for Parayko's absence on the right side. Gunnar returned and started rounding back into form about 3 weeks ago. Almost the instant he started looking like the Gunnar from last year, he was paired back up with Petro (near) full time just like he was in the playoffs when they were both awesome.

We won the Stanley Cup with defense. Our reputation is that of a team with an elite blue line. Our defense was top 5 in the league last year and was the best blue line in the league through the playoffs with Gunnar-Petro on the top unit. Van Ryn was in charge of the group last year too.

Disagree with pairings all you want, but calling Van Ryn an "imbecile" and saying it is "mindboggling how f*cking stupid the d-core coach is" is arguably the dumbest thing I have ever seen on this forum. Calling the 5th highest scoring PP D man in the league "fine" and suggesting he should be replaced with Faulk is a pretty close 2nd though.
Please publish stats how Gunnar has played in this season. I thought that's your thing, show stats and no eye test.

I don't remember who post that Faulk - Pietro was easily our best d-pair stats wise in this season.

Faulk was acquired for one job, get our powerplay work + transition game. Shattery 2.0. While he is in here he doesn't get that PP icetime where he's at best, only some PK where he's mediocre. Does it mean we've better players than Faulk? or Savard incapable to find Faulk right spot in powerplay? If that is latter I just see Faulk's best attributes are wasted in Blues and with that price we keep him we could easily find cheaper guy for 3rd pair role than Faulk. Guy who can be play heavy minutes PK and have decent game in transition game. Army should concider something different with Faulk, trade eventually, 'cus he isn't fit in here.

Nobody can't deny last season performance was amazing 10++ by Van Ryan, but thins season we have couple chances in roster at d-core. Feels like d-core has broken a bit with Faulk and all mixing up and trying to find chemistry with him.

Feels like I'm alone with this thought. :dunno:

Last edited:

Veneficus

Sep 30, 2014
I bet Scandella is pumped to be playing with Colt. Playing in couple different places this year and then gets paired with a stallion, has to be pretty fun.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
He's the new Berglund around here, lots of hate. I personally still like him more than Eddy.
If he was a lefty people would be less mad. He's a bit redundant now that the PP is tops in the league, which I'm sure the Blues didn't expect to be better without him playing on it much.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Playoff Pairs:

Gunny-Petro
Scandella-Parayko
Dunn-Faulk

Extras: Bort, Mikkola

Scandella looks awesome. :nod:

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Playoff Pairs:

Gunny-Petro
Scandella-Parayko
Dunn-Faulk

Extras: Bort, Mikkola

Scandella looks awesome. :nod:
I've been working every game since he's been traded so tomorrow is my day to take a look at the new toy, also that 3rd pairing is yuck. Neither of those guys are defensively good enough to control their pairing, but it is what it is. I wonder if they'd trade Dunn and go with an all defensive left side and an all around puck moving right side just for shits and giggles.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
If he was a lefty people would be less mad. He's a bit redundant now that the PP is tops in the league, which I'm sure the Blues didn't expect to be better without him playing on it much.
People were mad last year to start the season, doesn't mean they were right. I trust management, and believe in this core.

Reactions: ezcreepin

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I've been working every game since he's been traded so tomorrow is my day to take a look at the new toy, also that 3rd pairing is yuck. Neither of those guys are defensively good enough to control their pairing, but it is what it is. I wonder if they'd trade Dunn and go with an all defensive left side and an all around puck moving right side just for shits and giggles.
The only problem with that idea is other teams figure it out. We become more predictable, and therefore easier to defend against. I prefer a more balanced attack with offense alternating from side to side.

Reactions: MissouriMook

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
The only problem with that idea is other teams figure it out. We become more predictable, and therefore easier to defend against. I prefer a more balanced attack with offense alternating from side to side.
It was really meant as hyperbole but I agree. I'd prefer 6 Lidstroms but what're you gonna do.

Last edited:
Reactions: simon IC

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Please publish stats how Gunnar has played in this season. I thought that's your thing, show stats and no eye test.

I don't remember who post that Faulk - Pietro was easily our best d-pair stats wise in this season.

Faulk was acquired for one job, get our powerplay work + transition game. Shattery 2.0. While he is in here he doesn't get that PP icetime where he's at best, only some PK where he's mediocre. Does it mean we've better players than Faulk? or Savard incapable to find Faulk right spot in powerplay? If that is latter I just see Faulk's best attributes are wasted in Blues and with that price we keep him we could easily find cheaper guy for 3rd pair role than Faulk. Guy who can be play heavy minutes PK and have decent game in transition game. Army should concider something different with Faulk, trade eventually, 'cus he isn't fit in here.

Nobody can't deny last season performance was amazing 10++ by Van Ryan, but thins season we have couple chances in roster at d-core. Feels like d-core has broken a bit with Faulk and all mixing up and trying to find chemistry with him.

Feels like I'm alone with this thought. :dunno:

Faulk is playing this season out of position and without a clear role. So I make no judgment on him.

I expect the Blues to be without Pietrangelo next year, and Faulk will get a more clearly defined role.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If that happens our cup window closes. Retool, possibly rebuild.
Itll be hard with the contracts handed to Schenn and Faulk. I do not fault Army for not waiting around for Petro, but it may have guarenteed a meh retool if that's the case. Faulk doesn't stand out on the 3rd pairing, playing up the lineup against tougher matchups isnt going to magically up his game. Faulk and Dunn should look like super stars out there on the 3rd pairing

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Nobody isn't hating Faulk, we just hate you.

I hate coaching staff misuse Faulk. We know what Faulk is at this point. Use his best attributes and dimish his weak area like PK. Instead of that they have increase Faulk PK icetime and limited icetime at powerplay. Its mindboggling how f*cking stupid d-core coach is. He has all the elements to create leathal group of 6 and still he misuse them. Thank God our d-core is so deep and top notch that even those crucial mistakes its working.

I'll survive.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Losing Petro would be a big hit but silly to think about rebuilding. This team is deep and talented and can withstand his loss if other D step up.
I've never worried about Petro.

It's 100% in his hands.

DA will make a fair offer.

Petro will either stay with a winning group and org, or chase money elsewhere and challenge himself to rebuild what he had here. Good luck doing that in a market like Toronto.

A winning org is bigger than one guy. We will survive.

Reactions: Blueston

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Losing Petro would be a big hit but silly to think about rebuilding. This team is deep and talented and can withstand his loss if other D step up.
We dont win the cup without him last year. I dont agree that our talent is great enough to offset the loss a top 5dman. Parayko would have to be just as good as Pietrangelo and Faulk would have to be just as good as Parayko(which he isn't). The whole team last year played at an insane level.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
We dont win the cup without him last year. I dont agree that our talent is great enough to offset the loss a top 5dman. Parayko would have to be just as good as Pietrangelo and Faulk would have to be just as good as Parayko(which he isn't). The whole team last year played at an insane level.
Parayko can assume a bigger role, Faulk would play 2nd pair RD where he generally belongs, Dunn would get more minutes, etc.. Up front we will have Tarasenko back, Thomas could take next step, Kyrou and other kids growing roles. That is still darn good team. Are we better next year with Petro? Of course. But not like you take him off and we are the Kings. I'd still rank our roster in top 3 in Western Conference.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Itll be hard with the contracts handed to Schenn and Faulk. I do not fault Army for not waiting around for Petro, but it may have guarenteed a meh retool if that's the case. Faulk doesn't stand out on the 3rd pairing, playing up the lineup against tougher matchups isnt going to magically up his game. Faulk and Dunn should look like super stars out there on the 3rd pairing
There is absolutely zero chance that any contract on this roster prevents us from re-signing our best player. If he moves on it will be because there was somewhere else he wanted to play or we refused to overpay for his services. Using one of your examples, we would move Schenn to fit Petro before we let him walk because of cap space.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
There is absolutely zero chance that any contract on this roster prevents us from re-signing our best player. If he moves on it will be because there was somewhere else he wanted to play or we refused to overpay for his services. Using one of your examples, we would move Schenn to fit Petro before we let him walk because of cap space.
Well that’s not a good example. There are a few guys they could trade this summer but Schenn isn’t one of them.

Reactions: Dbrownss

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Well that’s not a good example. There are a few guys they could trade this summer but Schenn isn’t one of them.
You misunderstood. I wasn’t saying that they would go there, I was simply illustrating based on that player’s contract being mentioned that there isn’t a contract on this roster that will prevent us from signing Petro. If he leaves it will not be due to lack of cap space from any contract currently on the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad