Pre-Game Talk: MTL-OTT game on saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Except that he creates offense and it shows up not only in the eye test but in his point totals, especially goals and points per minutes played. I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the team leaders if minutes played are factored in.

Do you find Armia and Shaw have been extraordinary?

They bring more than Hudon.
Armia and Shaw take around 1:30 of PK each games. Only that is enough to tip the balance.

Shaw also was 54.3% in the FO last year and he's one of the very RH player able to take FO.
Deslauriers and Armia have the size advantage used it (Armia leading the Habs Forward right now)

If we look only at offensive skills, then maybe Hudon is better but if we value others aspect a bottom liner should bring, then Hudon doesn't seems to bring more to the game than Shaw, Armia and Deslauriers.

Reactions: teamfirst

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Pretty suspiciously convenient injury to Pleky.
Happy to see DLO back.
Not so happy to see Hudon out and Andrew "goalie interference" Shaw in.

Peca Hudon and DLO would make a great 4th line.

Reactions: 26Mats

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
They bring more than Hudon.
Armia and Shaw take around 1:30 of PK each games. Only that is enough to tip the balance.

Shaw also was 54.3% in the FO last year and he's one of the very RH player able to take FO.
Deslauriers and Armia have the size advantage used it (Armia leading the Habs Forward right now)

If we look only at offensive skills, then maybe Hudon is better but if we value others aspect a bottom liner should bring, then Hudon doesn't seems to bring more to the game than Shaw, Armia and Deslauriers.
Hudon is an infinitely better player than both Shaw and Deslauriers, doesn't matter what line he's on.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Hudon is an infinitely better player than both Shaw and Deslauriers, doesn't matter what line he's on.
I think Hudon can only hope to have a career as succesful as Shaw's. Shaw is a damn underrated 35 points 3rd line winger and this is Hudon ceiling. Which is fine. But yeah, Hudon is not better than Shaw, and it's at this point absolutely ridiculous to call him infinitely better when Shaw, only 3 years older, have 150+ more points and 2 more Stanley Cup rings.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I think Hudon can only hope to have a career as succesful as Shaw's. Shaw is a damn underrated 35 points 3rd line winger and this is Hudon ceiling. Which is fine. But yeah, Hudon is not better than Shaw, and it's at this point absolutely ridiculous to call him infinitely better when Shaw, only 3 years older, have 150+ more points and 2 more Stanley Cup rings.
150 more points because he played with the hawks when they were stacked as hell.

Make him play in a terrible team , shaw would probably be a 13th forward in 2018.

Apr 28, 2010

Not really. Hudon is probably just more skilled. Shaw is more experienced, can win faceoffs and play the PK. DLo can also kill penalties, score goals and lay the hits. These two bring more to the table.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
How do you know 35 points is Hudin's ceiling? You state it as if its fact. He put up 30 last year - as a rookie, and he wasnt playing with Kane and Toews in their prime.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
150 more points because he played with the hawks when they were stacked as hell.

Make him play in a terrible team , shaw would probably be a 13th forward in 2018.
yeahhhhhh i dont know how some of you are saying shaw is better than hudon. maybbbeeee in his prime, but like above, he played on a stacked hawks team. Shaw is pretty useless these days, hes okay on the draw and i get hes our only right handed faceoff guy, but he cant hold a candle to hudon.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Glad Shaw and DLO are back, unfortunate for Hudon, nobody really deserves to be sit right now but CJ made the right call

Guys like Shaw and DLO give us a little swagger, as they are hard to play against. Neither should really be fighting at this point, but they do bring a presence that unfortunately Hudon doesn't. I agree sitting Hudon sucks.

But seriously, who do scratch? Everyone is playing very well to start the year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Guy has so much heart. Will do anything for the team which I love. Solid goalscorer too.

You have to wonder though if he'll revert back or not. The year before he was a Hab, he had 2 pts in 42 games. I'm assuming he had injury problems but that's like beyond horrible production and the he comes here and is on pace to crush his career high of 15 pts and would easily have scored more goals last year then his entire career. But I thought Neimi would struggle to repeat his season numbers, granted we'll see what happens.

I agree Shaw is a bit underrated around here, but Hudon was a rookie, was 6th on the team in points, his ppg would put him tied with Byron at 35 and all while playing mostly with Pleks at center. Who's to say he can't put up more then that?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
How do you know 35 points is Hudin's ceiling? You state it as if its fact. He put up 30 last year - as a rookie, and he wasnt playing with Kane and Toews in their prime.

It mostly goes with how a player is deploy. If Hudon could reach top 6 minutes, he could maybe get 45-50pts....but not from the 3rd or 4th line, not how he's being used. It's not a realistic expectation or any player. Hudon doesn't havve what it takes the guys that are already there, so i don't see Hudon's production going up unless there's injury.

Glad Shaw and DLO are back, unfortunate for Hudon, nobody really deserves to be sit right now but CJ made the right call

I'm sure we'll see a quick rotation, Hudon is simply the first cause the did had a bad game against STL.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Guys like Shaw and DLO give us a little swagger, as they are hard to play against. Neither should really be fighting at this point, but they do bring a presence that unfortunately Hudon doesn't. I agree sitting Hudon sucks.

But seriously, who do scratch? Everyone is playing very well to start the year.

Agree, that 4th line should be fun to watch

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
I wonder if Byron would be a good option to be on Kotkaniemis line, or even Peca and put Plek on centre.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Vegas odds of stupid Andrew Shaw bumping the goalie and getting a goal disallowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad