Pre-Game Talk: MTL-OTT game on saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He's not currently worth anything that the habs need.. Won't get a top 3 D or top 6 winger, unless he is part of a package.
Perhaps they could move him for a prospect in a similar situation, but who might fit more with how the team plays.

Because, i'm really not seeing how he would fit in with this style the Habs are playing.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Pretty much. I have a hard time believing that. When did Plekanec hurt himself? Shoveling his walkway? In october?

It must have been when he lifted his arms to celebrate Gallagher's last minute goal on Wednesday. ..When you're that old, it doesn't take much lol

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I so don't want to lose this game but I also don't want to jinx the Lads and get too emotionally invested.
They seem to play fairly well when I don't give a crap.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
Sens are the worst. Glad we’re gonna beat them. Karlsson is at about 0% for them right now.
Muhahahahaha

RandR

May 15, 2011
Not sure what you see in his game that makes him a lock. To me he hasn't really shown he deserves to be here, especially in a year where results dont really matter.
It's one thing to have low expectations for this team this year, but saying that results don't really matter?

I don't expect them to go very far this year either, but you can't blame the players and coaches for being competitive and having a sense of pride. Especially after last season and with such low expectations for this year, they seem to be extra motivated this year to prove the naysayers wrong. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't get why Scherbak hasn't even been put in one game so far.. Are they planning on increasing his value by keeping him on the bench? He must be sucking in practice..

They have a certain group of guys that they want to go with and they want to give them confidence/respect. They're not thinking about the future (developing youth, maximizing trade value). They're thinking only about maximizing wins now.

They have have Plekanec, Deslariers, and Shaw ahead of Hudon, DLR, and Scherbak. I'm livid.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hudon is pretty ordinary since the beginning of the season

Except that he creates offense and it shows up not only in the eye test but in his point totals, especially goals and points per minutes played. I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the team leaders if minutes played are factored in.

Do you find Armia and Shaw have been extraordinary?

Reactions: Bloumeister

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Plekanec out against Ottawa. TVA just said Hudon might be scratched as well which I find curious; he's the player with the most scoring chances per 60 minutes on the team. He's definitely providing more than his ice-time would indicate. No a fan of him sitting if true.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Except that he creates offense and it shows up not only in the eye test but in his point totals, especially goals and points per minutes played. I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the team leaders if minutes played are factored in.

Do you find Armia and Shaw have been extraordinary?

Statistically. hudon is not bad. He got his 2 goals when the score was 4-1. Offensively, he seems to generate some chances, but haven't completed much in important times.
With Hudon, I'm waiting for his explosion since a while.

Do you have an event since the beginning of the season where he was impressive or did something important in the game? I don't.

Shaw, he's been better than Hudon. scored an important goal at the end of a period. Coming back from a few injuries too. I'll let him few games before deciding
Armia, no, he is 6'4, it helps him. I wouldn't mind him skipping a few games like Hudon/Peca/Plekanec are doing.
Armia plays with KK to help him integrate the team. So I don't see him out.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
I so don't want to lose this game but I also don't want to jinx the Lads and get too emotionally invested.
They seem to play fairly well when I don't give a crap.

Dont change anything to your game day routine....whatever you do, it's working :thumbu:

Go:habsGo

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
Shaw and Armia will never sit out because they are right hand shots. I'm not kidding. NHL coaches have this urge that's more powerful than a thousand suns to have a right hand shot on the ice at all times. You could have a team of 12 Crosbys + Shaw, and the typical NHL coach will sit one of the Crosbys for Shaw, and Shaw will end the game with the most TOI.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Plekanec out against Ottawa. TVA just said Hudon might be scratched as well which I find curious; he's the player with the most scoring chances per 60 minutes on the team. He's definitely providing more than his ice-time would indicate. No a fan of him sitting if true.

Yeah I heard that too, Hudon has been very good in my opinion, good backchecking too.

They have a certain group of guys that they want to go with and they want to give them confidence/respect. They're not thinking about the future (developing youth, maximizing trade value). They're thinking only about maximizing wins now.

They have have Plekanec, Deslariers, and Shaw ahead of Hudon, DLR, and Scherbak. I'm livid.

Not sure your post makes sense.

You're angry that they didn't play Scherbak and DLR but you want to maximize value and development? You aren't sitting Kotkaniemi here those guys had ample opportunities not to suck on a regular basis. I'd like to see Scherbak too but the team isn't lacking scoring opportunities at the moment and Scherbak just hasn't been very good.

Deslauriers played really well immediately here, and he plays a heavy game which is going to be useful against Ottawa

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Pleks is out a few weeks , for Gods sake put Scherbak in for some games.

won't happen unless there are other guys injured. Julien has the other 13 forwards ahead of Scherbak. He's 15th on the depth chart. Now that Deslauriers is back, there will need to be 2 more injuries, in addition to Plekanec's injury, in order for Scharbak to get back in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->