Pre-Game Talk: MTL-OTT game on saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2009
éal
No Brady the magnificient on saturday because he's hurt and out for at least 4 weeks. It's Kotkanemi time to shine!

I hope Mete is back in the lineup. If they have to keep Alzner in, I believe Ouellet could skip a game. He's not being awful, just not very noticeable.

Reilly - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen
Mete - Benn

Could work, or swap Alzner and Mete but Alzner and Juulsen were good together last season

Reactions: Curtoph

Curtoph

Jan 22, 2018
Sens are nothing to underestimate, just like us everyone expected them to be bottom of the barrel. Time will tell but for now they're playing hard too. Should be a good game!

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Sens always, always play us hard (even though Habs Killer #1, Pageau, is out). I'd be really surprised if we win this one for that reason alone.

Mete probably sits again just because we have the luxury to get him back to 100% by resting a couple of games.

Bold Prediction: Game ends 4-3 in OT (but for which team, I don't know).

Reactions: Forum93

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
This will be a chippy, hard-fought game. Tkachuk being out is a blessing, and we need to take advantage on the PP. I have a feeling the sens will look to pound us down.

I predict a goal from Drouin....and Kotkaniemi

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Huge difference getting rid of locker room cancer like Hoffman.
Ottawa went from one shot from the Cup finals to a bottoms dweller overnight.
They are not that bad. They have some good players

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario
I want a win, I have family that are Sens fans and they are unbearable after a Sens victory, you would swear it was for the Stanley Cup.

Hope the boys continue to play hard, entertaining hockey.

Reactions: PhysicX

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
No Brady the magnificient on saturday because he's hurt and out for at least 4 weeks. It's Kotkanemi time to shine!

I hope Mete is back in the lineup. If they have to keep Alzner in, I believe Ouellet could skip a game. He's not being awful, just not very noticeable.

Reilly - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen
Mete - Benn

Could work, or swap Alzner and Mete but Alzner and Juulsen were good together last season

Reilly and Juulsen have been rock solid together, you don't wanna mess with that. If Mete can play, just scratch Alzner because I don't think anyone wants to see the eye sore of Alzner and Benn being paired.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is there any truth to Sen fans singing an atrocious song during Sens games -- I believe it's called "Waddle Waddle Quack Quack"?

I heard Marinaro play it last year. Seriously, how could they do this to themselves.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Wish they'd put Scherbak in. Might as well try him on the PP. It's putrid and he flourishes there. Hudon can sit after taking those 2 stupid penalties last game.

I expect Shaw may be back Saturday?

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
Going to the game! Got last minute tix in the 100 section for 50% off since they are not even close to selling out. This was a couple days ago. Going with the wife who is a leafs fan but will probably wear the blue/blanc/rouge. Go habs go!

Reactions: Domenic

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Hoping for another convincing win! Ottawa has been hot to start like us, but hopefully their luck runs out Saturday!

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I want a win, I have family that are Sens fans and they are unbearable after a Sens victory, you would swear it was for the Stanley Cup.

Hope the boys continue to play hard, entertaining hockey.

I'm a HABS fan and work in Ottawa.... yes, it's 50% habs/sens... but when the Sens win... ugg.. I know what you mean!

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Going to the game! Got last minute tix in the 100 section for 50% off since they are not even close to selling out. This was a couple days ago. Going with the wife who is a leafs fan but will probably wear the blue/blanc/rouge. Go habs go!

Where did you find your ticks!? Im gonna try to go to the game also

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Only bad thing will be for those who watch the game on RDS. They will just talk about Chabot all game long and likely add how Montreal should have traded up to get him, then talk about some random French player not even playing in that game scoring is first.

Chabot is pretty damn good, though.

Max Lajoie... or Lavoie ? Seems like he's an interesting player to watch, too.

What happens when two teams that arent overly skilled, but work really hard meet ? Is this a boring game full of hard work, or will the slightest bit of skill on either side shine and make this a 7-6 barn burner ?

Either way hopefully the leafs lose again

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I like how in the screenshot I'm uploading you can see Chabot skating away from Alzner who has a look on his face like "hey! I didn't know dmen were allowed to do that"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181019-083038_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181019-083038_Chrome.jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 27

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Is there any truth to Sen fans singing an atrocious song during Sens games -- I believe it's called "Waddle Waddle Quack Quack"?

I heard Marinaro play it last year. Seriously, how could they do this to themselves.

Like it says on the bumper sticker- "never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups", so that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
They manhandled LA after LA manhandled the Habs. Won’t be easy

I was at that game (LA/OTT) and LA looked so flat. Sure the sens were pouncing but LA looked like a completely different team than the one that was at the BC. And Campbell was complete trash too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad