Pre-Game Talk: MTL-OTT game on saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Unless Pleky is on IR they're at 24 players. Is Scherbak being traded or waived?
We should find out soon...

If Deslauriers is playing, there's 1 forward too many...

So either someone is getting traded, waived or put on IR.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
We should find out soon...

If Deslauriers is playing, there's 1 forward too many...

So either someone is getting traded, waived or put on IR.
Maybe I'm being bias but I think Kotkaniemi is going down after nine games and solving the 24th player problem.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Unless things change drastically, in a bad way, I don't see it.
Not sure what you see in his game that makes him a lock. To me he hasn't really shown he deserves to be here, especially in a year where results dont really matter.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Not sure what you see in his game that makes him a lock. To me he hasn't really shown he deserves to be here, especially in a year where results dont really matter.
I didn't say he's a lock...things can change as the season progresses.

But right now, IMO, he's clearly one of the best 12 forwards on the roster.

So unless that changes between now and game 9, he's staying.

I think he's shown more than enough to show he deserves to stay - so we couldn't be further opposites on that.

But i'm also not swayed by "score vision" like most (not saying you specifically are either).

Reactions: Agalloch

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I didn't say he's a lock...things can change as the season progresses.

But right now, IMO, he's clearly one of the best 12 forwards on the roster.

So unless that changes between now and game 9, he's staying.

I think he's shown more than enough to show he deserves to stay - so we couldn't be further opposites on that.

But i'm also not swayed by "score vision" like most (not saying you specifically are either).
But is that the standard? To be one of the top 12? Because I dont think that's overly difficult to achieve, and we are dealing with a kid that was 17 a few months ago. So it's more about what's best for him...be one of the top 12 players here...or dominate as a top line getting massive minutes in a lower league?
Again, given the fact we care very little about our result, I rather he gets more time to perfect his game versus weaker opponents.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
But is that the standard? To be one of the top 12? Because I dont think that's overly difficult to achieve, and we are dealing with a kid that was 17 a few months ago.
Well it's not the only standard, but it's a fairly important one...so yes.

Again, later in the season, things can change as the team's objectives do. Who knows come December, the team might not be playing well and while he may continue to be one of the best 12 forwards, it might be more prudent or wise to send him to the WJC's like they did with Mete last year.

So it's more about what's best for him...be one of the top 12 players here...or dominate as a top line getting massive minutes in a lower league?
Again, given the fact we care very little about our result, I rather he gets more time to perfect his game versus weaker opponents.
That's not as important to me as it is to you or most here.

Dominating lower leagues doesn't really move the needle for me.

I mean it's nice, but's it's not a harbinger of pending NHL domination for me.

Nick Suzuki has been a dominant CHL player, did that help him this preseason?

Nope...

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So is this "back" injury like DLR's cardio incident? Plek did have a therapy day yesterday.

2 weeks buys some time, but something will have to give sooner or later.

Reactions: Rapala and 417

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
I don't get why Scherbak hasn't even been put in one game so far.. Are they planning on increasing his value by keeping him on the bench? He must be sucking in practice..

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't get why Scherbak hasn't even been put in one game so far.. Are they planning on increasing his value by keeping him on the bench? He must be sucking in practice..
Trying to trade him...maybe they don't want him getting hurt? Or...looking worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad