Pre-Game Talk: MTL-OTT game on saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
150 more points because he played with the hawks when they were stacked as hell.

Make him play in a terrible team , shaw would probably be a 13th forward in 2018.

I really disagree with this

People just dislike Shaw because they would rather have two second round picks that they immediately assume were going to be Debrincat and Girard. The type of hindsight armchair gm'ing not worthy of taking seriously

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I wouldn't call Deslauriers a fit for the style of this current team. I think he hits waivers sooner or later. He wasn't fighting in preseason for no reason,my eyes are wide open.

DLO can play and be a physical element for the team outside of fighting. That's why he's still in the NHL and not gone from the league. His energy and chipping in 10 goals last year in 58 games is why he's playing.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
yeahhhhhh i dont know how some of you are saying shaw is better than hudon. maybbbeeee in his prime, but like above, he played on a stacked hawks team. Shaw is pretty useless these days, hes okay on the draw and i get hes our only right handed faceoff guy, but he cant hold a candle to hudon.

Legit Shaw should think to maybe Retire , guy had like 4 head injuries. he aint crosby and he got 2 rings.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It mostly goes with how a player is deploy. If Hudon could reach top 6 minutes, he could maybe get 45-50pts....but not from the 3rd or 4th line, not how he's being used. It's not a realistic expectation or any player. Hudon doesn't havve what it takes the guys that are already there, so i don't see Hudon's production going up unless there's injury.

I'm sure we'll see a quick rotation, Hudon is simply the first cause the did had a bad game against STL.

Imo you state why I want Hudon to replace Armia in the top 9 - and I have Hudon ahead of Lehkonen, for now. I think he could get more offensive production out of Drouin and/or Kotkaniemi than Lhekonen and Armia could. Hudon could put up 40 to 50 points with them, whereas I doubt Armia or even Lehkonen just yet, could. It's a hunch, impossible to prove, but if the offense is stagnant I'm going to be annoyed if it isn't tried. I do think Lehkonen has another gear offensively, I just don't think he'll get there this year.

Reactions: Simarino

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Man, what does Hudon have to do to get a proper chance from Julien? Dude's busting his ass off in the 4th line, is getting it done with limited minutes and certainly has the skills to play up in the lineup but no.

Reactions: Simarino

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wouldn't call Deslauriers a fit for the style of this current team. I think he hits waivers sooner or later. He wasn't fighting in preseason for no reason,my eyes are wide open.

Open your eyes.

:sarcasm:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
We have plenty of energy and he is yet another 3rd or 4th liner.
He's obviously a bottom six player, but you can't deny his unique skillset among our horde of those players. A guy who can finish a play, forecheck and play physical, keep up with our pace will do really well on our roster. Not hard to see IMO, there isn't another person who can do that other than Shaw, maybe Armia.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
He's obviously a bottom six player, but you can't deny his unique skillset among our horde of those players. A guy who can finish a play, forecheck and play physical, keep up with our pace will do really well on our roster. Not hard to see IMO, there isn't another person who can do that other than Shaw, maybe Armia.

That's it. Hudon cannot (rather, hasn't really been able to) finish a play, that's been his issue up until now.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well it's not the only standard, but it's a fairly important one...so yes.

Again, later in the season, things can change as the team's objectives do. Who knows come December, the team might not be playing well and while he may continue to be one of the best 12 forwards, it might be more prudent or wise to send him to the WJC's like they did with Mete last year.
I think the most important factor is to do what is best for the kid. That's all there is to it.
We cannot fail with him. I'm not suggesting we are, couple games in the NHL is fine, but to me he is clearly not NHL ready, just like Mete was clearly not NHL ready last year despite being part of the best 6 Dmen.
That's not as important to me as it is to you or most here.

Dominating lower leagues doesn't really move the needle for me.

I mean it's nice, but's it's not a harbinger of pending NHL domination for me.

Nick Suzuki has been a dominant CHL player, did that help him this preseason?

Nope...
Well we're not talking about junior league here. Kotka is going back home or in the AHL, he's got plenty to learn there.

Reactions: Habs Icing and 417

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It's one thing to have low expectations for this team this year, but saying that results don't really matter?

I don't expect them to go very far this year either, but you can't blame the players and coaches for being competitive and having a sense of pride. Especially after last season and with such low expectations for this year, they seem to be extra motivated this year to prove the naysayers wrong. And I wouldn't want it any other way.
Ya sure, they can be proud and play hard. That has nothing to do with what I said though. Results this year should not matter.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I just see how the game is moving away from that and players like DLO will have a hard time holding an NHL job. His contract is not a big deal so if he gets in and out of the lineup it might actually help the team more based on him wanting to show his desire to be there if you know what I mean.

Reactions: Runner77

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
My buddy in Ottawa was doing shots all night with Muller and his brothers and some 45 year old broads with big fake ones. He says that Muller is a degenerate drunk lol, he had a great time, Muller was even wearing his ring. He texted me at like midnight but I was passed out.. I could of asked him anything I wanted threw text, I could of got us some answers! Damn it!!

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I really disagree with this

People just dislike Shaw because they would rather have two second round picks that they immediately assume were going to be Debrincat and Girard. The type of hindsight armchair gm'ing not worthy of taking seriously
I dislike Shaw because he's a bad hockey player who plays recklessly on the ice. At his worst he plays like he wants to get injured - just throwing his body around like a bowling ball. It doesn't belong in the sport and I don't want him to get yet another concussion in a Habs jersey.

Man, what does Hudon have to do to get a proper chance from Julien? Dude's busting his ass off in the 4th line, is getting it done with limited minutes and certainly has the skills to play up in the lineup but no.
Hudon's not that good a skater, I think his upside if very limited.

My buddy in Ottawa was doing shots all night with Muller and his brothers and some 45 year old broads with big fake ones. He says that Muller is a degenerate drunk lol, he had a great time, Muller was even wearing his ring. He texted me at like midnight but I was passed out.. I could of asked him anything I wanted threw text, I could of got us some answers! Damn it!!
I love this.

Reactions: Runner77

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

He sounds like a great guy.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah I heard that too, Hudon has been very good in my opinion, good backchecking too.

Not sure your post makes sense.

You're angry that they didn't play Scherbak and DLR but you want to maximize value and development? You aren't sitting Kotkaniemi here those guys had ample opportunities not to suck on a regular basis. I'd like to see Scherbak too but the team isn't lacking scoring opportunities at the moment and Scherbak just hasn't been very good.

Deslauriers played really well immediately here, and he plays a heavy game which is going to be useful against Ottawa

I like d-lo. Its Plekanec that has no future with the team, but they think he will get us more wins now. I also dont like shaw's game. I want players to be more skilled, even on the 4th line. Hudon. Peca, Deslauriers, and plecks are all more skilled. Shaw stick handles like he's shoveling the puck with a shovel. Hard to make plays with a linemate like that. He turns the game into a pinball game. If it's TRUE that he has trade value, hes got a be moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad