Confirmed with Link: [MTL/NYI] Thomas Vanek & cond'l 5th for Sebastian Collberg & cond'l 2nd PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
reading that bruins thread was like WOW

they are literally scared ****less of vanek LOL
Too bad we could not of gotten Higgins back as well:laugh: I seem to remember Chris was a Bruin killer as well, especially shorthanded.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
We have depth in small forwards to move a Collberg. A friend of mine didn't like the Collberg pick. Couldn't understand why Timmins was so thrilled to pick him. Said 0 points in his draft year, he will never be much. Now, i need to look back thru my emails to remember who said it.

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
"When you think of a hockey Mecca, Montreal is it," Vanek said on a conference call. "I played many times for Buffalo in Montreal and it's so electric. I'm super excited."

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
He also caught the attention of Islanders general manager Garth Snow who said he has had him on the radar for a while.

"We've liked him for a few years," said Snow. "We projected him as a potential first rounder. Great speed, great hands. He has the potential to be a top-six forward. There's also a potential second rounder. It was a good day in that regard in trying circumstances."

Lol'd at Snow trying to make it look good to Isles Fans...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
By the way, guys. I asked Sabres fans earlier this year what they thought of Vanek, and his downsides. I asked this when we started to drool about him back in December.

It's a bit hilarious to read in hindsight. But still informative.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1553901

your quickly becoming one of my favorite posters

not that its something people achieve to be for me or anything like that

im just sayin

ive been noticing your awesomeness from afar.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I didn't think I could of been happy if MTL got a big name... It my mind if we got a guy like Vanek, Moulson or Garorik it meant we over paid badly and give a lot of futur asset... I was hoping we were seller seeing the return for most of these guy I says that selling wouldn't not of been worth it...

Colberg is a good player I was happy we drafted him but I could start to see why he might of slipped into the second round I don't know if is talent will translate well in the NHL I see other player passing him on the deep chart and a second pick (in a so so draft) a 2nd is what we gave for guiy like Moore and Wiz...

Vanek might of loss some luster but he is a 1st line talent, Pleck finally get a talented winger to play with. I think MB did a great job of getting top line player even if he doesn't sign I still think it send a positive message the the team and to the rest of the league.

Great trade deadline day for MB and is team
Vanek GREAT major impact
Weaver Bad/Ok meanlingess
Dudnyk good (since our lack of deep) minor

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Still in Shock.

Adding depth is basically supporting the status quo. Adding an elite player like Vanek ripples down through the lineup and makes the team exponentially better.

Go Habs Go !!!

PricePkPatch*

your quickly becoming one of my favorite posters

not that its something people achieve to be for me or anything like that

im just sayin

ive been noticing your awesomeness from afar.

Thanks a lot, but don't worry. I'm gonna have a massive brainfart eventually :laugh:

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
I didn't think I could of been happy if MTL got a big name... It my mind if we got a guy like Vanek, Moulson or Garorik it meant we over paid badly and give a lot of futur asset... I was hoping we were seller seeing the return for most of these guy I says that selling wouldn't not of been worth it...

Colberg is a good player I was happy we drafted him but I could start to see why he might of slipped into the second round I don't know if is talent will translate well in the NHL I see other player passing him on the deep chart and a second pick (in a so so draft) a 2nd is what we gave for guiy like Moore and Wiz...

Vanek might of loss some luster but he is a 1st line talent, Pleck finally get a talented winger to play with. I think MB did a great job of getting top line player even if he doesn't sign I still think it send a positive message the the team and to the rest of the league.

Great trade deadline day for MB and is team
Vanek GREAT major impact
Weaver Bad/Ok meanlingess
Dudnyk good (since our lack of deep) minor
I am not going toc ut Collberg down. It is possible if he reaches his plateau the Isles will get a decent return. The thing with Collberg was high risk high return. He's the type that he either makes 1st/2nd line or he won't make it. I think our scouting and development staff decided he was expandable because of similar guys like Hudon, Andrighetto, and especially Lehkonen who seemed to have outplayed Collberg in the worlds this year. We also have Reway but I think he is a real long shot. We just had too many of the same players. I'd rather lose Collberg than De la Rose. I think DLR will become the type of two way forwards we like to have in our lineup.

Anyway good luck to Collberg he might just be a 35-35 player especially if he can jell with Tavares.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Bergevin, do what you can to sign him. Pay him Gionta's money please!

He very likely will not sign. American wife and young kids. However: Habs can trade his negotiating rights this summer and get the second round pick back. In other words, we rent Vanek for 18 games and PO for Collberg. I have no probs with this.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Bringing you a behind-the-scene video of the trade:

7arafxD.gif

:biglaugh:

What a day. That's all I have to say.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Vanek just brings a totally new dynamic to this team.
Either he goes on the first line with Patches and DD and Gallagher is going on the third line back with Eller and Galchenyuk.
Or (most likely) coaches keep the first line and Vanek is paired with Plek and Gionta.

We know that Patches-DD and Plek-Gionta are a given.
So where will Vanek fit?
I guess we will see the coaches try many combinations.
He shoots right but is a LW...
Shoots right: goes on the DD line.
LW: goes on the left wing...

You can see the impact of Vanek on this team before he is even there.
A lot of players are busting their ***** to keep their spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad