Confirmed with Link: [MTL/NYI] Thomas Vanek & cond'l 5th for Sebastian Collberg & cond'l 2nd PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
The best seduction show would be a long playoff run. Vanek will want to sign in MTL after the ovation he will get after scoring the GWG in overtime in game 7 to eliminate Boston...

Of course a good playoff run could make a big difference, that would be great for us too !

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
In terms of excitement when Habs acquire a player, where do you rank your excitement when Vanek joins Habs ?

For me (really personal):
1. Recchi: he was a super-star
2. Kovalev
3. Vanek
4. Turgeon: I liked him very much, but we gave away a lot too (Mueller and Schneider). He may #1 if the exchanged player wasn't Mueller.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
In terms of excitement when Habs acquire a player, where do you rank your excitement when Vanek joins Habs ?

2. Kovalev
3. Vanek
4. Turgeon: I liked him very much, but we gave away a lot too (Mueller and Schneider). He may #1 if the exchanged player wasn't Mueller.

Muller was on the decline, look at what he did during that season and after...

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi

2. Kovalev
3. Vanek

this should be a thread by itself

personally,

1-Tanguay :facepalm:
2-Audette
3-Kovalev
4- Vanek

before that I was a nordiques fan so...

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

2. Kovalev
3. Vanek

It was Turgeon + Vladimir Malakhov

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Exactly and Malakhov is the most talented defensemen that i saw playing in a Habs jersey. (I'm born in 1985) But at the same time he's also one of the most laziest/heartless player i've ever seen. He really had it all.

That . What a player ...but so heartless

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Sabres fan coming in peace. Just wanted to compliment your GM for an excellent grab with Vanek. I think he'll be a great player for your playoff run. And i am not particularly glad to see T.V. back in the division for now. :laugh:

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Every time you trade for a player who is, IMHO, better than any other offensive player you already have, it is time to rejoice. On the other hand, this is also a criticism of our team: we lack a true top offensive forward. Vanek is a great player, but I would put him in the same league as MaxPac (only better and older). Not some kind of superstar. I know he was the hottest **** in the league at some point, but that's not really true anymore (just like Kovalev was when we sign him).

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
If we sign vanek over minny because of our deep pockets, and then win a cup with him: I pledge that I, nor any of my offspring for 10 generations, will never drink a labatt product again..... except for guiness.

Edit: I think i was wrong about the guiness rights being labatt! Becks and Stella be damned!! no more Labatt!!!

Last edited:

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
It's true that Kovalev was way more on he decline. Vanek is still in his prime.

Kovalev was about the same age and had only one bad season...hardly on the decline.

He was overpaid though.

He just seems like he wasn't clicking in NY.

2001-02 : 76 points in 67 games
2002-03 : 77 points in 78 games
2003-04 : 42 points in 66 games before the trade

Vanek :

2011-12 : 61 points in 78 games
2012-13 : 41 points in 38 games
2013-14 : 44 points in 47 games before the trade

I'm so happy for this trade this mean the team has 3 first line NHL talent : Vanek, Pacioretty and Galchenyuk.

Last edited:

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
It's funny people mentioning Kovalev as I don't remember anybody excited by him coming in. He was viewed as a guy on a decline, almost finished.

That was due to his reputation in the league. He was only two years removed from being a top 5 scorer in the league.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
It's funny people mentioning Kovalev as I don't remember anybody excited by him coming in. He was viewed as a guy on a decline, almost finished.

Game three, Kovalev down the Right wing with Zednik, fires one upstairs, his 2nd of the night...

Hero :bow:

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
The only thing I don't understand is that Vanek always been listed at 6'2 205 lbs by the Sabres and in international competition, but now he's 6'0 217 lbs :laugh:

holyhabs

Jun 9, 2007
If like to know when and where Bob said this I find it hard to believe.

i heard lebrun say that on thats hockey or wtvr they show on tsn at 7pm. i was at work so caught the tail end of it. lebrun said the fact that habs would take the entire salary made them a more attractive option. i think isles asked for more since they would have had to retain salary trading with the leafs but leafs thought the price was too steep.

Nom de Guerre

You Had ONE JOB
Apr 12, 2013
Hochelaga Archip.
If we sign vanek over minny because of our deep pockets, and then win a cup with him: I pledge that I, nor any of my offspring for 10 generations, will never drink a labatt product again..... except for guiness.

Edit: I think i was wrong about the guiness rights being labatt! Becks and Stella be damned!! no more Labatt!!!

not much of a pledge if you ask me

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Game three, Kovalev down the Right wing with Zednik, fires one upstairs, his 2nd of the night...

Hero :bow:

One of my favourite Kovie moments was tying the 5-0 comeback against rangers and he fell on his back feet up because he was off balance taking the shot

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Kovalev last season was bad but during his time here he gave us some of the best hockey we had since 20 years.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Kovalev last season was bad but during his time here he gave us some of the best hockey we had since 20 years.

His 07-08 was a phenomenal season for him. He actually went hard every game, even so far as to earn the "C" when Saku was hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad