Proposal: MTL-EDM

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
i'm be terribly upset with these 2 deals, realy realy high on Struble and Norlinder. i value them high than 2nds.

Exactly - its just easy to piss away 2nd round picks before the selections. Last draft, Habs selected Struble with a 2nd and Norlinder was a 3rd round pick. Now compare to JP. Why take the gamble? If JP had any hockey sense i would consider it. But this is a deep draft. Those 2nds are valuable.

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Exactly - its just easy to piss away 2nd round picks before the selections. Last draft, Habs selected Struble with a 2nd and Norlinder was a 3rd round pick. Now compare to JP. Why take the gamble? If JP had any hockey sense i would consider it. But this is a deep draft. Those 2nds are valuable.

I personnaly think Puljujarvi has a good IQ, he just doesn't have the hands to match what he wants to do sometimes, If he plays under his abilities, he could exel at being a fast, big complimentary goal scoring wingers with decent playmaking abilty. Habs could be a good spot for him, we have the playmaking Centers, couple of Finns to help the transition and work on his english and coach understandings. Everyone knows we could use a big RW scoring winger.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I personnaly think Puljujarvi has a good IQ, he just doesn't have the hands to match what he wants to do sometimes, If he plays under his abilities, he could exel at being a fast, big complimentary goal scoring wingers with decent playmaking abilty. Habs could be a good spot for him, we have the playmaking Centers, couple of Finns to help the transition and work on his english and coach understandings. Everyone knows we could use a big RW scoring winger.

No no no... he doesn't have any IQ (hockey or otherwise). He has physical attributes and tools but has no idea how to string them all together. His decision making is terrible. Julien would have another stroke. ;)

Now with that said... maybe he's matured and developed in Finland. That's where the gamble lies.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
No no no... he doesn't have any IQ (hockey or otherwise). He has physical attributes and tools but has no idea how to string them all together. His decision making is terrible. Julien would have another stroke. ;)

Now with that said... maybe he's matured and developed in Finland. That's where the gamble lies.
We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one, i have watched a ton of JP and i like his Hockey sense.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Ask Oiler fans what they think. ;)

Drouin is like a mensa-candidate compared to JP.

I don't need other fan base or antoher person to tell me how i personally view a player. Like i said i like his Hockey IQ, he has great positioning in the Ozone, he does great quick rotation passes. He does patato sometimes but like i said i feel like that is due to his Meh puck skills and when he tries to do too much with the puck, that's just him finding his game as a young player. Doesn't change the fact that he thinks the game fast and a few tweaks, Maturity and the right role could do wonder for the kid.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I don't need other fan base or antoher person to tell me how i personally view a player. Like i said i like his Hockey IQ, he has great positioning in the Ozone, he does great quick rotation passes. He does patato sometimes but like i said i feel like that is due to his Meh puck skills and when he tries to do too much with the puck, that's just him finding his game as a young player. Doesn't change the fact that he thinks the game fast and a few tweaks, Maturity and the right role could do wonder for the kid.

Just to be clear, we are talking about Jesse Puljujarvi?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I think this would be a good deal for both sides. I still kind of want to give Pulju a chance to come back and see if he can carve out a 3RW role (sign Haula and run with a 3rd line of Neal-Haula-Pulju), but if two 2nds were on the table I think we’d have to take it. I think draft capital will be huge this off-season if teams want to move out contracts.

Would also accept a variation to the deal for the Habs to take Chiasson:

To MTL: Puljujarvi, Chiasson

To EDM: STL 2nd (56th OA), MTL 3rd (77th OA)

Chiasson only has 1 year left at 2.15, he’s not a bad player, but is overpaid and we need to stretch every dollar if we’re gonna shake up the roster this off-season. If we replace him internally with a winger like Benson, that’s an extra 1.3 mil to go shopping.
I would do this as a Hab fan.
Nice to see some have put the ridiculous offers aside and have put up fair offers.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think Edmonton should hang onto JP. He looks a lot better now that he got his hip surgery and his cap hit should be decent at least for 1 more year. I still think he ends up becoming a good player.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg

I think he had a maturity issue more so than an Hockey IQ issue. The entitlement we saw from him was not in line with what is normal as a young player hoping to make the NHL. He was the biggest believer of all hype about him. He didn’t do the work And didn’t show the respect to the process of earning your way up. This in turn pissed off other players and led to the issues that forced him to Europe. He will wear this stigma for his career similar to Drouin, but if he comes back humble and works hard he might be able to wash off this stain with players and fans.

This is a lesson for all teams to not give players anything they have not earned. The NHL is the toughest league in the world and there are no free rides.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
This i agree with.
Mtl 2nd + Ana 4th. i would do
Both teams are gambling here.
If and that a big if Puljujarvi becomes half decent it helps the Habs.
If he doesn't the Oilers get back 2 picks and a 2nd in a deep draft is never a bad thing to have.
like many, i have my doubts about him figuring it out. He will never be an elite RWer - and i'm happy to be proven wrong. An Armia clone maybe? that's not a top 6 forward - and that's not worth more than the gamble of a low 2nd or - maybe an exchange of underperforming prospects / players? Mete for Puljujarvi ?
Vejdemo and a 3rd?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad