Proposal: MTL-EDM

McJesusSaves97

I see the light
May 17, 2015
Cowtown: Behind Enemy Lines
You re signing Larsson? Cause if you don't, it's really Bear and Bouchard moving forward.

Not a competitive offer? Sure. Find someone else to give you what you think you can get or keep Puljujarvi. Habs are interested but not desperate. However, our fan base is huge so the offers you will see will vary
Are you suggesting Fleury as a possible Larsson replacement? Not sure if you're trolling...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Are you suggesting Fleury as a possible Larsson replacement? Not sure if you're trolling...

No... Bear and Bouchard move up and Fleury developing into the 3rd pairing spot. Do you think Puljujarvi is a sure shot top 6 forward? Fleury and a 4th might seem like a low ball offer but it's not horrible. Very far from it. Fleury is only 21 and he had a very good 2nd pro year showing some potential. I don't think you know one bit about him to be honest. But at least you are not going on attack mode like the other dude

Remember the Oilers talking about Bear at 21? Not saying Fleury turns into Bear but he did show potential like you guys were talking about 2 years ago with Bear. He's not some meh spare piece like you probably think he is. He actually has fringe top 4D potential if he develops like Bear did from 21-23.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
You re signing Larsson? Cause if you don't, it's really Bear and Bouchard moving forward.

Not a competitive offer? Sure. Find someone else to give you what you think you can get or keep Puljujarvi. Habs are interested but not desperate. However, our fan base is huge so the offers you will see will vary

We have a lot of options to add to our right side like UFA, trading from our extensive LD pool or playing Jones on the right side. Why do we need to accept your crappy offer?

I will repost what I said earlier for clarity as a lot of people have seen this from you.

You pick the worst hills to die on and you just won’t stop pushing your agenda until it gets to the point someone gets into a pissing match with you. I will give this to you in simple words, the oilers do not want your offer for Puljujarvi as it is not what OUR team needs, so please stop arguing that we have no other choices as that is obviously not true.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We have a lot of options to add to our right side like UFA, trading from our extensive LD pool or playing Jones on the right side. Why do we need to accept your crappy offer?

I will repost what I said earlier for clarity as a lot of people have seen this from you.

You pick the worst hills to die on and you just won’t stop pushing your agenda until it gets to the point someone gets into a pissing match with you. I will give this to you in simple words, the oilers do not want your offer for Puljujarvi as it is not what OUR team needs, so please stop arguing that we have no other choices as that is obviously not true.

You should listen to McJesusSaves97. No need to overreact like that and go on attack mode. It's not a horrible offer but on the low side yes. But you also likely don't know anything about Fleury too so I don't blame you for thinking it's low... knee jerk reaction?

It was a simple question... what's the RD depth. Looks like Bear and Bouchard if you don't sign Larsson. Not sure why your so sensitive and feel like you are entitled to go on attack mode because of it. Childish

Give me your scouting report on Fleury? Play nice and tell me what you know about him? Strengths and weaknesses? Can you do that? I bet you can't and will act like "it don't matter".

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No... Bear and Bouchard move up and Fleury developing into the 3rd pairing spot. Do you think Puljujarvi is a sure shot top 6 forward? Fleury and a 4th might seem like a low ball offer but it's not horrible. Very far from it. Fleury is only 21 and he had a very good 2nd pro year showing some potential. I don't think you know one bit about him to be honest. But at least you are not going on attack mode like the other dude

Remember the Oilers talking about Bear at 21? Not saying Fleury turns into Bear but he did show potential like you guys were talking about 2 years ago with Bear. He's not some meh spare piece like you probably think he is. He actually has fringe top 4D potential if he develops like Bear did from 21-23.

Fleury isn't an upgrade on a guy like Benning right now, he's honestly not of much interest.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Fleury isn't an upgrade on a guy like Benning right now, he's honestly not of much interest.

Fair but Benning is older (in his prime) and you are thinking Fleury don't improve from 21+. Not pushing the deal. It's just a low ball offer but it's not horrible. Fleury is not some small add. If he played AHL all season, he would have build on his 1st AHL season. Habs are guilty of rushing prospects.

What are your expectations with a return on Puljujarvi? That two 2nd round picks is not going to happen from the Habs. I'd say over 75% of the Habs fans base says no to that. I wouldn't even trade Poehling for Puljujarvi at this point. Mainly because of expansion draft protection

My hunch tells me other teams will offer you a guy who has to be protected like Puljujarvi. If someone was that high on him, they would have made you an offer you would have taken by now IMO

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Weren't the Oil willing to settle for a second round pick alone, a few months ago?

Nope the asking price by the GM was always a first . Some fans might have been willing to take a second but in the teal world Holland sets the price not fans

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Nope the asking price by the GM was always a first . Some fans might have been willing to take a second but in the teal world Holland sets the price not fans
Your not getting a 1st. That ship has sailed. Take that 2nd and 4th and run for the hills If you wait to0 long the 2nd and 4th might be on the other ship that sails.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Your not getting a 1st. That ship has sailed. Take that 2nd and 4th and run for the hills If you wait to0 long the 2nd and 4th might be on the other ship that sails.

Again the concept seems to elude you , I am not the GM . Talk to Holland . Patience is something Holland seems to show . He will probably wait it out .

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Again the concept seems to elude you , I am not the GM . Talk to Holland . Patience is something Holland seems to show . He will probably wait it out .
You know what happened last time you guys waited to long.
I believe and i'm sure many others also believe that a 2nd and a 4th is a very good deal for the Oilers for Puljujarvi.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
2 seconds is too much IMO, but id be open to a conditional 3rd or 4th if some criteria is met (example: he plays X amount of games in the NHL next season)

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Prediction: Whether the oilers keep him or he goes elsewhere this guy is going to end up being a decent player at the least.

I'd bet against that.

I would do this as a Hab fan.
Nice to see some have put the ridiculous offers aside and have put up fair offers.

IMHO it is ridiculous. A 3rd or 2 4ths for his rights is the best I'd do.

He will never be an elite RWer - and i'm happy to be proven wrong. An Armia clone maybe? that's not a top 6 forward - and that's not worth more than the gamble of a low 2nd or - maybe an exchange of underperforming prospects / players? Mete for Puljujarvi ?
Vejdemo and a 3rd?

A 2nd is too much, so is Mete. I'd do Vejdemo and a 4th or maybe Juulsen straight up.

That would be a steep price for what is basically a lottery ticket.

Yeah. There's a reason why lottery tickets are only a couple of bucks. That money's probably just thrown away.

Puljujarvi and rights to AA
for
Two 2nd's

So 2 2nds for a Bust and an overpriced player that fizzled out? No thanks.

Puljujarvi
for
Fleury and a 4th

Too much. Cale Fleury's going to turn out at the very least as a great bottom pairing guy.

IMO, JP to the Habs for a second is fair.

I disagree.

who the F has mentioned 2 2nds for him in this conversation?

The F'ng OP did.

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
IMHO it is ridiculous. A 3rd or 2 4ths for his rights is the best I'd do.

That's your opinion.
I believe that he worth taking a chance on for a 2nd and a 4th.
We have many draft picks and if a big if he pans out we win big time.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
I believe that he worth taking a chance on for a 2nd and a 4th.
We have many draft picks and if a big if he pans out we win big time.

Have you seen some of our 2nd rounders? Subban, Struble, Romanov, Lekhonen. I remember that long crappy era where the Habs just traded away their 2nd rounders every single year. And you know what? we sucked back then. You hold onto your 2nd rounders unless it's for a game changer. Not some Zero-IQ bust whose draft position you're in love with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->