Proposal: MTL-EDM

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg

I disagree. I would rather Puljujarvi flare out and turn into nothing than not give him a second chance to succeed. If he goes long and turns into a player this will be looked back on as a total disaster. If he doesn't turn out we already took the heat for how we developed him poorly, so no real loss other than some picks that may not turn out. He is going to be a 1-1.3 million dollar guy when he comes back, so its not like he is expensive anyways.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I disagree. I would rather Puljujarvi flare out and turn into nothing than not give him a second chance to succeed. If he goes long and turns into a player this will be looked back on as a total disaster. If he doesn't turn out we already took the heat for how we developed him poorly, so no real loss other than some picks that may not turn out. He is going to be a 1-1.3 million dollar guy when he comes back, so its not like he is expensive anyways.
That’s like biting of your nose to spite your face . I also done want to draft with those 2nd want them as currency in a flat cap they will have value in moving cap or as add ins on player for player trade

example Russell +2nd for a 3rd . Let’s you give Calgary our 3rd this year and be done with it . Still let’s you draft in the second or use the second to move up in the first . Lots of options with draft picks this year

Reactions: LTIR

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
He's 6'4 outside MON so inside MON, he's 7'0.

Why not?
Could be some offense replaced if Gallagher does walk, had a decent year in Liiga
Buy some risk with good potential for reward for two 2nds, give them 2020 and 2021 2nd's to off-set it so you still have two this year.

could be a waste of picks. i always thought Pulju was a case of all the tools but no toolbox

Reactions: viceroy

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
id do it , don't care habs have way too many picks. Some of those will be traded. I just cant get that our GM will drafter 25 players in 2 seasons. That's just plenty stupid

Just cause the Habs have too many picks doesn't mean they should be irresponsible with them. They can do better than Puljujarvi with two second rounders. Draft picks are huge currency in the flat cap era, you don't use them on a highly speculative asset like that.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
2 2nds for AHL help? No thanks. I'd bet money on Poolparty never playing an NHL game again, that includes Seattle.

Zero interest.

Reactions: viceroy

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
2 2nds for AHL help? No thanks. I'd bet money on Poolparty never playing an NHL game again, that includes Seattle.

Zero interest.

I'll take that bet. I'll raise the stakes for the same odds and bet he'll play in the upcoming season.
Quote saved. Will blow it up when Pulju plays his first return NHL game in December

Reactions: Sick Nuzuki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad