Proposal: MTL - EDM

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Drouin will bounce back, selling cheap would be dumb.

Also, Lucic with the habs, I mean come on.. The fanbase hated him to death even before he started sucking.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I would do it for Montreal’s future but it would be a backward move for next year and against Bergy plan so it would never happen

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Caleb Jones + 8th overall for Drouin? Something around this?

I think 8th alone is an overpayment. Jones is a big, big ask. He’s our 3rd best prospect in my opinion after Bouchard and Benson. He’s an NHLer the second we can find a new home for Russell or Sekera, he’s ready right now.

I think Montreal’s the one needing to add to Drouin for 8. Maybe not in terms of actually adding assets, but adding value to Edmonton in the form of taking salary back.

Reactions: TFHockey

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
FRom a MTL POV, I wouldn't put our first here but our 2nd and 3rd plus Drouin for that package. And even there I would only do it assuming I'm sure I won't be able to land any of the big fish at free agency

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I think 8th alone is an overpayment. Jones is a big, big ask. He’s our 3rd best prospect in my opinion after Bouchard and Benson. He’s an NHLer the second we can find a new home for Russell or Sekera, he’s ready right now.

I think Montreal’s the one needing to add to Drouin for 8. Maybe not in terms of actually adding assets, but adding value to Edmonton in the form of taking salary back.
So Jones + 8th for Drouin + 15th?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So Jones + 8th for Drouin + 15th?

It’s probably fair. I don’t know if I’d jump on it, but it’s fair. We’d be between a rock and a hard place cap wise but I’m sure we could find a home for Sekera somewhere. I’m surprised you don’t have interest, he was pretty good when he came back.

Reactions: De Montreal

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It’s probably fair. I don’t know if I’d jump on it, but it’s fair. We’d be between a rock and a hard place cap wise but I’m sure we could find a home for Sekera somewhere. I’m surprised you don’t have interest, he was pretty good when he came back.

Thats brutal for montreal. You would jump on that obviously.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I wouldn’t trade Jones for a first round pick below 20 in this draft, I’m not sure how it’s brutal for you.

8th>Drouin
Jones<15th

Drouin’s salary and term after how he finished this year is a huge risk.

Well, agree to diagree. No one would offer a first for Jones. Habs would have little interest in Jones.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well, agree to diagree. No one would offer a first for Jones. Habs would have little interest in Jones.

I doubt that very much, considering your biggest organizational need is LHD and Jones is an NHL ready one at 21 years old. You’re telling me you wouldn’t want to add another Mete to your organization? Don’t be silly.

Edmonton wouldn’t deal him for 15th straight across. There’s very little reason to turn such a good prospect into a question mark that might not even be as good as Jones is today.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I doubt that very much, considering your biggest organizational need is LHD and Jones is an NHL ready one at 21 years old. You’re telling me you wouldn’t want to add another Mete to your organization? Don’t be silly.

Edmonton wouldn’t deal him for 15th straight across. There’s very little reason to turn such a good prospect into a question mark that might not even be as good as Jones is today.

We have Romanov, the best dman in the wjhc joining us soon. What we need is an established top4 LHD. Not another prospect LHD.

Jones is not worth losing Drouin over. Not even close. You are severely overrating Jones btw. Typical...

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
We have Romanov, the best dman in the wjhc joining us soon. What we need is an established top4 LHD. Not another prospect LHD.

Jones is not worth losing Drouin over. Not even close. You are severely overrating Jones btw. Typical...

You’re getting the 8th overall pick for Drouin, not Jones.

Accuse me of overrating my prospect immediately after you do that exact thing with yours? Adorable.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You’re getting the 8th overall pick for Drouin, not Jones.

Accuse me of overrating my prospect immediately after you do that exact thing with yours? Adorable.

You are getting our 15th pick for Jones. that is a ridiculous overpayment and over evaluation of Jones -an average prospect.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You are getting our 15th pick for Jones. that is a ridiculous overpayment and over evaluation of Jones -an average prospect.

Jones is better than Mete, full stop.

No more ridiculous than expecting a top ten pick for a guy that struggled to outscore Lucic for a third of the season.

CWP

Survey said …
Feb 1, 2019
Jones is better than Mete, full stop.

No more ridiculous than expecting a top ten pick for a guy that struggled to outscore Lucic for a third of the season.
Jones is not better than Mete at all! Mete is younger than Jones and he plays in the NHL. Yeah, he might not score a lot of points, but he plays against the top line and in the penalty kill and he still manages to finish +17!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad