Proposal: MTL - EDM

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Drouin scored 53 points (career high) at 23 years old. That would put him 4th on the Oilers points list. In fact, at 23 years old, RNH put up a paltry 43pts in 82 games, having regressed. The fact is, we know Drouin can produce offense and he does it without the benefit of a generational talent feeding him points. Drouin focussed on 2-way play at the tail end of the season. The + factor is there. And the irony is, Chaos - you were the on in your own Edm forum wondering if the Oilers could get him for cheap. Why would you want him if you can't stand guys that won't work hard??? Two-faced?

As for Caleb Jones, its outrageous how much you overrate him. He's an average prospect who has barely cracked the NHL on a team that ranks up there fore the worst defense in the league. Caleb Jone's junior career wasn't all that great. Mete is a superior two-way player with incredible speed and puckmoving ability. There is a reason why he was relied upon by the Habs on the top-pairing. He's obviously not a top-pairing dman but he was the most reliable / dependable LHD this season and he produced. Caleb Jones doesn't hold a candle to Mete in the defensive end. Not even in the stratosphere.

No thank you on Caleb Jones. No interest in him whatsoever. What the Habs need is an established top-4 LHD. Someone like a Darnell Nurse or Klefbom type. That's the only dman on the Oilers i would consider.

You’re wrong on more or less everything as per usual. Your Mete hot takes are embarrassing. Jones played more and looked better in his time as an Oiler than Mete ever has as a Hab.

I wondered if he would be available for cheap because that’s the only way I’d want anything to do with him.

You might want them, but you’re not getting them. You’re not prepared to move anything of worth for them if Drouin or the usual collection of spare parts are the offers on the table .

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You’re wrong on more or less everything as per usual. Your Mete hot takes are embarrassing. Jones played more and looked better in his time as an Oiler than Mete ever has as a Hab.

I wondered if he would be available for cheap because that’s the only way I’d want anything to do with him.

You might want them, but you’re not getting them. You’re not prepared to move anything of worth for them if Drouin or the usual collection of spare parts are the offers on the table .

Jones played a mere 17 games! LOL He is barely an NHLer. I didn't think it was possible to overrate a dime a dozen prospect like Jones but you are doing it!! No one is coughing up a 1st round pick for Caleb Jones. hahaha

You wondered if Drouin was available because you see the massive upside in Drouin. Denying that is simply a boldfaced lie on your part. Its comical how you can show interest in him in your forum and then knock him in this one pretending that you have no interest in him. As far as i'm concerned, your Oiler bias has overridden your better judgement. Its disappointing because you are better than this Chaotic.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Jones played a mere 17 games! LOL He is barely an NHLer. I didn't think it was possible to overrate a dime a dozen prospect like Jones but you are doing it!! No one is coughing up a 1st round pick for Caleb Jones. hahaha

You wondered if Drouin was available because you see the massive upside in Drouin. Denying that is simply a boldfaced lie on your part. Its comical how you can show interest in him in your forum and then knock him in this one pretending that you have no interest in him. As far as i'm concerned, your Oiler bias has overridden your better judgement. Its disappointing because you are better than this Chaotic.

Caleb Jones isn’t moving even if a mid first was offered because there’s zero point to that for the Oilers. We need guys like Jones, not mystery box 18 year olds that might be nothing.

In Drouin I see a severely defensively flawed winger that’s relied on his flash for so long he can’t do anything else, that can produce offense when he isn’t asked to do anything too strenuous defensively. I’d put him with Nuge and hope that having a skilled defensive conscience on his line would let him float around and scoop up assists here and there. That’s it that’s all. I don’t see any more potential than a 50-55 point winger.

Logan

Dec 10, 2018
yeah its nice to be positive but this is a bit much

i also dont understand you saying i dont have a clue of the ages of your players. even if i didnt follow hockey that info is readily available and cant be disputed when brought up because their ages are facts. unless they lied about their birthyears or something.

this would be as stupid as me saying that i think robert thomas and kyrou will easily replace tarasenko and ror in time. they arent blue chip prospects or anything.
Yeah but you never know with goalies, so it is a lot harder to predict who’s gonna take over when price is done. Hell everyone thought it would be Fucale but he was a bust

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yeah but you never know with goalies, so it is a lot harder to predict who’s gonna take over when price is done. Hell everyone thought it would be Fucale but he was a bust

yeah agree

thought i dont get how people thought fucale would be anything, all it took was watching a few moosehead games that year to know

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
:habs
8th OA pick
Lucic
Puljujarvi

:edmonton
Drouin
conditional 3rd round pick (if Habs make playoffs in 2019-20, Edmonton gets 3rd round pick 2020, if no playoffs, Edmonton gets 4th round pick 2020)

Oilers get Drouin + some cap relief. Montreal gets 8th overall pick, a big goon, and some broken parts.
Lucic's NMC status. Habs easily decline.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
montreal should use their money to bring in a dman for the left side rather than trading their second most productive winger for futures after barely missing the playoffs with a relatively older core
Older core? Go talk about a team you know something about because you surely know nothing about the Habs.

Logan

Dec 10, 2018
yeah agree

thought i dont get how people thought fucale would be anything, all it took was watching a few moosehead games that year to know
Yeah I don’t know, people hyped him up a lot in the world juniors

thepuckguru

Jan 6, 2017
Better read my post . I never said they were . I don't want Drouin near the Oilers . Watched him enough in Halifax and honestly he a better player right now then Puljujarvi but I rather Puljujarvi on my team . I got a real dislike of the way he plays the game . Would I trade for Drouin ? Yes but what I offer would be insulting and I would try and move him before he played a game in Oilers silk .

As for your posting my comment was simply Lucic is movable after another year is off his contract . It may take retaining a 1/3 of his contract plus a small sweetener but he is movable and you argue he is not even if his real dollars owed is only 2.22 million a year . Not once did I mention Montreal was the team . Montreal like most Canadian team can spend to the cap with no problem so cap hit matters . There are teams where the cap floor matters so they like higher cap hits with lower dollars being paid out
So you watched him score 102 points in 50 playoff games in Halifax, and that's why you dont like him?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
So you watched him score 102 points in 50 playoff games in Halifax, and that's why you dont like him?

I find it funny fan like to use points as the be all end all . When they Oiler fans done this with any of their players Montreal fan bash them and say points aren't everything . As I said I do not like the way he plays the game . I wouldn't trade squat for him . Keep your soft guy who doesn't play a lick of D .

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I find it funny fan like to use points as the be all end all . When they Oiler fans done this with any of their players Montreal fan bash them and say points aren't everything . As I said I do not like the way he plays the game . I wouldn't trade squat for him . Keep your soft guy who doesn't play a lick of D .
And you think we'd want a BUST,along with one of the worst contracts in the league.AH.... NO

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The OP proposal isn't bad, but with no interests in reclaiming Puljujavri and the defacto obligation to protect Lucic in 2021, the answer is not difficult to give: No.

Your 8 OA though is of serious interest if you want to withdraw to 15th with compensatory pieces going to Edmonton. Not the other way around.

thepuckguru

Jan 6, 2017
Oh I wasn't saying you should want him, just saying he was entertaining in junior, but now I see wasted talent because he doesn't have any heart or any balls for that matter.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Oh I wasn't saying you should want him, just saying he was entertaining in junior, but now I see wasted talent because he doesn't have any heart or any balls for that matter.

I agree with this . I was going to post the no heart part but real don't want to argue about it . I may not be a Canadian fan but would rather them to win then an American team

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

I'll chime in here.

Drouin has talent. To me there is no question about that. He has strong offensive instincts.
There are definitely areas of his game I don't like. Maybe he can fix them under the right coach. I'm not sure about that. I'll be blunt.. I kind of see him as built in the same mold as Eberle.

I think what some Oiler fans are trying to get across is that Caleb Jones is on the cusp of being NHL ready. Why would a team who has developed (!) a player and who is finally maturing into exactly what they need trade him for a pick? There isn't any salary demand or personnel issue that is pushing Edmonton to trade him. Caleb Jones for a pick just pushes the team's prospect development back a few years. I can't think of a reason why the Oilers would do that.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
i'd only do that if Byram would be on board... he won't...

Puljujarvi's double hip surgery is a pretty big concern to me...

i'm also still a big Drouin believer, but yeah can he do it in Montreal with all the constant hatred comments. big question.

The value must be there because i feel wierd about it

If Bryam is on the board there is no way the Oilers make this trade.

The jury is still out on Drouin and I'm not a believer.

I also wouldn't sell low on Puljujarvi but the surgery is concerning.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
:habs
8th OA pick
Lucic
Puljujarvi

:edmonton
Drouin
conditional 3rd round pick (if Habs make playoffs in 2019-20, Edmonton gets 3rd round pick 2020, if no playoffs, Edmonton gets 4th round pick 2020)

Oilers get Drouin + some cap relief. Montreal gets 8th overall pick, a big goon, and some broken parts.
Montreal had enough of craps in their roster. There's no place for others in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad