Proposal: MTL - DET

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Why on earth would we trade for Gladwho? Is he the I,pact player we are looking for?

Just asking for a friend....

and why would Detroit want Lehkonen? A nobody. We have enough of those.

I just dont see what this trade accomplishes. If Detroit is moving players its going to be for picks or young prospects

Richard Menzel

Jan 23, 2019
another amazing proposal

3pvCNdR.png

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Why does Montreal even want Glendening? Is Evans not working out at 4C? Haven't watched a lot of Habs games, he seemed fine in the handful I have seen.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Why does Montreal even want Glendening? Is Evans not working out at 4C? Haven't watched a lot of Habs games, he seemed fine in the handful I have seen.

If Evans was the 13th forward going into the playoffs, I'd be happy. Having a veteran C that can win defensive zone draws and help get the puck out would take a ton of pressure off Suzuki, Kotkaniemi and Danault's lines.

The other purpose of a deal like this is to free up cap-space that can be used to add a defenceman.

Kill two birds with one stone.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
They wouldn't qualify Lehkonen at what it would cost, so easy pass on that.

Glendening has more value to NHL types than he does on the message boards, curious what the ultimate price is. Last time we were playing meaningful hockey in the playoffs his injury and the switch to Datsyuk in the matchup caused us to lose the series.... So yeah not a typo, he can be a dominant matchup guy that is a big time pain in the ass to play against. He is wasted with us since he is built for playoff hockey, but we should get something worth while or honestly just extended him if you're Yzerman.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
They wouldn't qualify Lehkonen at what it would cost, so easy pass on that.

Glendening has more value to NHL types than he does on the message boards, curious what the ultimate price is. Last time we were playing meaningful hockey in the playoffs his injury and the switch to Datsyuk in the matchup caused us to lose the series.... So yeah not a typo, he can be a dominant matchup guy that is a big time pain in the ass to play against. He is wasted with us since he is built for playoff hockey, but we should get something worth while or honestly just extended him if you're Yzerman.

And why would a 32yo veteran sign back with a bottom dweller team like the Wings?

He's worth somethinf sinilar to what Nate Thompson got

4th rd pick

Vs

Gkendenning
5th

Wingd fans are out of their mind if they think they can get a 2nd for a 4th liner / AHLer who'll be UFA at the end of the year

Again, I'll give the Wings a 2nd foe Glendenning if they take Byron's contract.

Otherwhise we switch our 4th for their 5th and Glendenning

Puck Tiss

Nov 4, 2013
And why would a 32yo veteran sign back with a bottom dweller team like the Wings?

4th rd pick

Vs

Gkendenning
5th

Wingd fans are out of their mind if they think they can get a 2nd for a 4th liner / AHLer who'll be UFA at the end of the year

Well, he is from Michigan, so thats one reason.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

4th rd pick

Vs

Gkendenning
5th

Anything less than a third and he isn't even worth moving. Guy leads the league in faceoffs, is the veteran leader (wears an A) along with Larkin in our room and the guy that organizes our off-season workouts. Solid pro that always does his job. That you think he is an AHLer is laughable, no NHL executive would agree with that. Glendening has spent his entire hockey career in Michigan, I would sign him to an extension without an issue. He isn't Nate Thompson, to me he is significantly better than him as a matchup center with plus special teams and outstanding faceoffs. Thompson is a mid-50's guy Glendening is now in the near mid 60s. You don't want to pay? Great, I don't really want Glendening in our division next year if he was to decide to stay in Montreal, he is a pain in the ass to play against.

Wings fans like him for a reason, we don't have a lot to be happy about these last few years. Your assessment of the player shows lack of knowledge in my opinion.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Anything less than a third and he isn't even worth moving. Guy leads the league in faceoffs, is the veteran leader (wears an A) along with Larkin in our room and the guy that organizes our off-season workouts. Solid pro that always does his job. That you think he is an AHLer is laughable, no NHL executive would agree with that. Glendening has spent his entire hockey career in Michigan, I would sign him to an extension without an issue. He isn't Nate Thompson, to me he is significantly better than him as a matchup center with plus special teams and outstanding faceoffs. Thompson is a mid-50's guy Glendening is now in the near mid 60s. You don't want to pay? Great, I don't really want Glendening in our division next year if he was to decide to stay in Montreal, he is a pain in the ass to play against.

Wings fans like him for a reason, we don't have a lot to be happy about these last few years. Your assessment of the player shows lack of knowledge in my opinion.

The only thinf Glendenning is good at is taking a faceoff, that's not wortg a 3rd, not in a Covid pre ED era a 4th if you are lucky, or a 5th.

No 4th liner's worth a 3rd round pick.

Again, Habs would offer a 2nd + Byron for Glendenning.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
The only thinf Glendenning is good at is taking a faceoff, that's not wortg a 3rd, not in a Covid pre ED era a 4th if you are lucky, or a 5th.

Nobody’s taking Byron’s Contract

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Copenhagen91

Jan 28, 2016
Brian boyle is a way better player than Glendenning tho. Boyle Brings size, faceoff, offensive, net presence, lots of stuff Glendenning doesn't. Glendenning is like Jim Dowd... you play him 4min a night to win a couple of faceoff here and there. That's not worth a 2nd rd pick, but you can keep on dreaming...
Tough look here.... carry on

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI

Declined. Look elsewhere. We aren't going to take Byron's contract for that.

2 more years @ 3.4 for taxi squad fodder.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad