Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
:habs
W Lehkonen (25, $2.4M, RFA)
+________________

:wings
C Glendening (31, $0.9M*, UFA)
*$900,000 retained

What does Montreal add to make this work? Picks and prospects available.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I doubt Detroit wants Lehkonen. Glendening will go for picks if he’s not resigned

barrie colts

Feb 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
+________________

*$900,000 retained

Pretty fair deal IMO.... I would probably prefer Namestnikov and add a little more on MTL side (B prospect or 2021 3rd)

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
+________________

*$900,000 retained

Detroit passes, Yzerman has already said numerous times that he wants picks, Don't see Yzerman eating $900,000 on Glendening he'd rather eat salary on Helm, Bernier, nemeth, Staal or perhaps Filppula then eat on a smaller contract. Detroit already has tons of bottom 6 players we've no use for Lehkonen. Yzerman might do Lehkonen+Montreal's 2021 3rd round pick for Glendening with no retention Lehkonen makes $2,400,000 Glendening $1,800,000 so it should work cap wise for the Habs.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
2021 2nd rd. pick (Montreal)

*$900,000 retained

This would work for me on the Habs side.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

*$900,000 retained

We're not giving a 2nd rouns pick for a 4th line C.

Peiple keep saying Danault wouldn't fetch a 1st, and he's lightyears above Glendenning in terms of defensive abilities and talent.

Glendenning is worth a 4th, max.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

*$900,000 retained

I don’t see why Detroit is retaining and taking on the bigger contract. Seems like a fine deal without retention. 900k isn’t much at all, I just don’t understand why it would be there

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Luke Glendenning has a very specific appeal this trade deadline. He's a good 4th line center, but more importantly, he's been the best faceoff center in the league this year, making him a big PK asset. (Face-off stats- 2020-21 regular season - 2020 - Puckbase)

If you don't think he's worth a second to Montreal that's totally fair, but that's probably what the Red Wings are asking for.

barrie colts

Feb 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Luke Glendenning has a very specific appeal this trade deadline. He's a good 4th line center, but more importantly, he's been the best faceoff center in the league this year, making him a big PK asset. (Face-off stats- 2020-21 regular season - 2020 - Puckbase)

If you don't think he's worth a second to Montreal that's totally fair, but that's probably what the Red Wings are asking for.

If you want a second, you need to take Byron, not Lehkonen and give back a 4th.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Well, funny, Other teams fan have been adament that Danault isn't worth a 1st + a B prospect, cause he isn't scoring as much as he used to, while keeping hsi elite defensive game.

He's lightyears above Glendenning in terms of talent, and defensive game.

If Danault isn't worth a late 1st + B prospect (therefore worth a 2nd + somethign else), HOW HE HELL would Glendenning be worth a 2nd round pick?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Glendening if you get a 3 take it and run from Detroit side. And with teams needing D guessing Montour for a 3 is more likely than Glendening. Glendening is not 3 rounds better than a Nate Thompson rental as example. 2 rounds AT BEST.

If Montreal trade picks with Byron or Lehkonen it is at the expansion draft so they get to keep Allen.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Well, funny, Other teams fan have been adament that Danault isn't worth a 1st + a B prospect, cause he isn't scoring as much as he used to, while keeping hsi elite defensive game.

He's lightyears above Glendenning in terms of talent, and defensive game.

If Danault isn't worth a late 1st + B prospect (therefore worth a 2nd + somethign else), HOW HE HELL would Glendenning be worth a 2nd round pick?

I get where you're coming from, but it's about a) these players' roles and b) the value you can get for your picks/prospects.

On a playoff team, Danault isn't a top 6 center. But he could be an upgrade for a playoff team's 3rd line center, for sure. The question is, will a playoff team give up a 1st and a B prospect for an upgrade at 3C? Maybe, but if I'm a playoff team I'd much rather try and move my late 1st and prospects for someone like Taylor Hall or Matias Ekholm before asking about Philip Danault. Once some of the more attractive rentals get off the board though, I could see Montreal acquiring a late 1st for Danault. Maybe not the B prospect, but a late 1st doesn't sound unreasonable.

Glendenning, on the other hand, has a very specific appeal. He wins faceoffs on the penalty kill and in late game situations. It's a nice asset for playoffs teams. Really good bottom 6 players often fetch a 2nd round pick as rentals, it's not a crazy ask.

Reactions: TS Quint

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
I get where you're coming from, but it's about a) these players' roles and b) the value you can get for your picks/prospects.

On a playoff team, Danault isn't a top 6 center. But he could be an upgrade for a playoff team's 3rd line center, for sure. The question is, will a playoff team give up a 1st and a B prospect for an upgrade at 3C? Maybe, but if I'm a playoff team I'd much rather try and move my late 1st and prospects for someone like Taylor Hall or Matias Ekholm before asking about Philip Danault. Once some of the more attractive rentals get off the board though, I could see Montreal acquiring a late 1st for Danault. Maybe not the B prospect, but a late 1st doesn't sound unreasonable.

Glendenning, on the other hand, has a very specific appeal. He wins faceoffs on the penalty kill and in late game situations. It's a nice asset for playoffs teams. Really good bottom 6 players often fetch a 2nd round pick as rentals, it's not a crazy ask.
Brian Boyle went for a second rounder twice so I don’t think it’s a crazy ask.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

He's still not worth a 2nd when Danault wouldn't be able to fetch a 1st + a B prospect. Danault shuts down the opposing team best players. Glendenning wins faceoff, and that's about it. You'r enot playing Glendenning vs Crosby or Malkin or McDavid. You,re playing Danault tho.

Glendenning's value is around a 4th round pick at max. Wings fans may hoe for a 2nd, it won'tt happen.

I'll tell you what tho, habs would give a 2nd + Byron for Glendennng + a 3rd. That's about fair

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Exactly. 6 months ago the Rangers gave us a 2nd just to eat the last year of Marc Staal's contract. Teams give up 2nds for all sorts of returns honestly.
Brian boyle is a way better player than Glendenning tho. Boyle Brings size, faceoff, offensive, net presence, lots of stuff Glendenning doesn't. Glendenning is like Jim Dowd... you play him 4min a night to win a couple of faceoff here and there. That's not worth a 2nd rd pick, but you can keep on dreaming...

Ed Ned and Leddy

Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
He's still not worth a 2nd when Danault wouldn't be able to fetch a 1st + a B prospect. Danault shuts down the opposing team best players. Glendenning wins faceoff, and that's about it. You'r enot playing Glendenning vs Crosby or Malkin or McDavid. You,re playing Danault tho.

Glendenning's value is around a 4th round pick at max. Wings fans may hoe for a 2nd, it won'tt happen.

I'll tell you what tho, habs would give a 2nd + Byron for Glendennng + a 3rd. That's about fair

Brian boyle is a way better player than Glendenning tho. Boyle Brings size, faceoff, offensive, net presence, lots of stuff Glendenning doesn't. Glendenning is like Jim Dowd... you play him 4min a night to win a couple of faceoff here and there. That's not worth a 2nd rd pick, but you can keep on dreaming...

Looks like we're talking in circles at this point. If you don't think Montreal should give up a 2nd for Luke Glendenning that's totally fine, I'm not trying to change your mind.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Looks like we're talking in circles at this point. If you don't think Montreal should give up a 2nd for Luke Glendenning that's totally fine, I'm not trying to change your mind.

Oh we're ready to hand out a 2nd for a 4th line C who's AHL level at everything but faceoff.

You just have to take Byron with said 2nd round pick!

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Oh we're ready to hand out a 2nd for a 4th line C who's AHL level at everything but faceoff.

You just have to take Byron with said 2nd round pick!

I think moving Byron on his own would cost you a 2nd considering the market. Add more to get Glendening. If you don't like it we'll ship him elsewhere.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
2nd round pick for Luke Glendenning. I don’t give a f*** how you spell his name.

Did I miss something? Did he put up a few good seasons lately?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Probably a 2nd if we're retaining and taking money back. We have plenty of guys like Lehkonen so he doesn't really add value.
Lol are you kidding? You probably won't get a 2nd alone for Glendening even if you retain a whole 900k.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad