Confirmed with Link: Mrazek re-signs for 2 years @ $4.25M AAV

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Who? Is it "Blackhawks". Is that who your referencing? Because you know better than that.
Yes, he's one of them. And... he's not trolling. He actually believes the stupid that he posts. I've interacted with him long enough to know that. I've interacted with him on here for 15 years. I know when he's trolling and when he isn't.

Reactions: Pez68

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I guess we will see if any of those teams deal for a goalie at the deadline.

Yes, he's one of them. And... he's not trolling. He actually believes the stupid that he posts. I've interacted with him long enough to know that. I've interacted with him on here for 15 years. I know when he's trolling and when he isn't.
No hes negative about every single thing and you know that. So no he doesnt count. Your arguing against nobody on Mrazeks deal.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I guess we will see if any of those teams deal for a goalie at the deadline.

No hes negative about every single thing and you know that. So no he doesnt count. Your arguing against nobody on Mrazeks deal.

There are maybe two teams in the playoffs, or on the bubble, who need some insurance in net... and I don't see them giving up a 2nd for insurance.

The Wings come off. Husso is coming back as he's on a conditioning stint in the AHL, and Lyon is healthy and playing great.

Andersen is likely back within the next month.

So who makes a move, and who has the asset, and is willing to give it up? Toronto? Maybe the Devils?

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
There are maybe two teams in the playoffs, or on the bubble, who need some insurance in net... and I don't see them giving up a 2nd for insurance.

The Wings come off. Husso is coming back as he's on a conditioning stint in the AHL, and Lyon is healthy and playing great.

Andersen is likely back within the next month.

So who makes a move, and who has the asset, and is willing to give it up? Toronto? Maybe the Devils?
Husso has been awful for 2 years. Lyon is on a hot streak but unproven. Andersen is a complete question mark.

Like I said

Oilers
Red Wings
Hurricanes
Devils
Kings
Leafs
Avs

It would be no suprise if any of these teams went out and grabbed goalies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Husso has been awful for 2 years. Lyon is on a hot streak but unproven. Andersen is a complete question mark.

Like I said

Oilers
Red Wings
Hurricanes
Devils
Kings
Leafs
Avs

It would be no suprise if any of these teams went out and grabbed goalies.
The Oilers have Skinner, who has 11 straight wins, and has given up 2 goals or less in 10 of them. The Wings have Lyon, and I already went over his recent performance stats. The Canes have Andersen coming back soon(presumably). The Kings have Talbot and Rittich. The Avs have Georgiev.

Again, so you're looking at maybe the Leafs and Devils, like I said. The Devils have bigger issues, considering Hughes is out until at least after the AS break, and they're not even in the playoffs as of now. And do either of those teams want to move a 2nd, or even a 3rd for Mrazek?

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
The Oilers have Skinner. The Wings have Lyon. The Canes have Andersen coming back soon(presumably). The Kings have Talbot. The Avs have Georgiev.

Again, so you're looking at maybe the Leafs and Devils, like I said.
You think those teams are comfortable riding these guys to the cup? Lyon Skinner Georgiev Talbot and injured/sick Andersen with zero capable tandems or backups for all of them. I just dont see Mrazek worse then those guys were he would be a straight backup. Maybe you do. I think hes got better numbers than all of them.

The good thing is we will see. Montreal has 3 goalies. Kahkonen is rumored to be moved. Maybe Vladar/Markstrom. Gibson?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You think those teams are comfortable riding these guys to the cup? Lyon Skinner Georgiev Talbot and injured/sick Andersen with zero capable tandems or backups for all of them. I just dont see Mrazek worse then those guys were he would be a straight backup. Maybe you do. I think hes got better numbers than all of them.

The good thing is we will see. Montreal has 3 goalies. Kahkonen is rumored to be moved. Maybe Vladar/Markstrom. Gibson?
Again, most backups don't see much, if any ice during the playoffs, because there's more time between games. There's at least a day off between every game. All playoff teams need is a good starter, and a serviceable backup who can maybe steal a game in an absolute pinch.

I mean, we'll see what happens in March. I just don't see a huge market for goalies at the TDL. Which is mostly the norm.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Again, most backups don't see much, if any ice during the playoffs, because there's more time between games. There's at least a day off between every game. All playoff teams need is a good starter, and a serviceable backup who can maybe steal a game in an absolute pinch.

I mean, we'll see what happens in March. I just don't see a huge market for goalies at the TDL. Which is mostly the norm.
Yes, but you can agree that this year there is more need for goaltending for these playoff teams. All the experts are agreeing on this.

Mrazek is no worse than any goalie that has been listed for any of these teams. Whos to say hes not the number 1 goalie for the devils, hurricanes, wings, flyers for the entire playoffs. Maybe the Avs and Oilers dont want to risk their entire season on a fluke injury to a average to below average Skinner Georgiev.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yes, but you can agree that this year there is more need for goaltending for these playoff teams. All the experts are agreeing on this.

Mrazek is no worse than any goalie that has been listed for any of these teams. Whos to say hes not the number 1 goalie for the devils, hurricanes, wings, flyers for the entire playoffs. Maybe the Avs and Oilers dont want to risk their entire season on a fluke injury to a average to below average Skinner Georgiev.
I mean, can you point to more than one article that was written over a month ago by some obscure NJ Devils beat guy named Alex Chauvancy?? Who are "all the experts" around the NHL?

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I mean, can you point to more than one article that was written over a month ago by some obscure NJ Devils beat guy named Alex Chauvancy?? Who are "all the experts" around the NHL?
The fact of the matter is the market is quite expensive. Recently on the NHL Network, insider Elliotte Friedman provided an update on the issue that is the bloated goaltending market.

“I think (the Devils) have been looking,” Friedman explained. “The most recent team to comb through the league is Toronto. One of the things I’ve heard from them, and they’re trying to be careful about it, is if you want to get someone right now it’s really going to cost you. These teams with extra goaltenders or goaltenders to trade know they’re in a position of leverage. Sometimes you have the hammer and sometimes you don’t. I think one of the things Toronto wanted to do is trade a late-round pick for a goalie and they didn’t get much out there.”

more

Who else do you respect in hockey? I am sure I can dig up something.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Teams wouldn't be comfortable riding with Mrazek either.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The fact of the matter is the market is quite expensive. Recently on the NHL Network, insider Elliotte Friedman provided an update on the issue that is the bloated goaltending market.

“I think (the Devils) have been looking,” Friedman explained. “The most recent team to comb through the league is Toronto. One of the things I’ve heard from them, and they’re trying to be careful about it, is if you want to get someone right now it’s really going to cost you. These teams with extra goaltenders or goaltenders to trade know they’re in a position of leverage. Sometimes you have the hammer and sometimes you don’t. I think one of the things Toronto wanted to do is trade a late-round pick for a goalie and they didn’t get much out there.”

more

Who else do you respect in hockey? I am sure I can dig up something.

So... like I've been saying, and you're just confirming... the Devils and Leafs confirmed by Friedman. You literally posted an article proving... MY point.

The other articles are... what, beat reporters for teams that write for The Athletic? Most beat reporters don't know hockey from the hole in their ass. Just look at Chicago's.

Definitely not evidence of "all the experts".

And no, I'm not going out trying to find opinions that I respect that prove your point. You made the claim "all the experts" think the goalie market at the TDL will be huge. The onus is on you to prove it, not on me to disprove it.

Last edited:

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
So... like I've been saying, and you're just confirming... the Devils and Leafs confirmed by Friedman.

The other articles are... what, beat reporters for teams?

I mean cmon. go to any of the teams I named. Type in Goalie Trade deadline and pick whos article you want to read.

Teams wouldn't be comfortable riding with Mrazek either.
Sure. When none of these teams go for a goalie at the deadline I will let you know you are correct.

So... like I've been saying, and you're just confirming... the Devils and Leafs confirmed by Friedman. You literally posted an article proving... MY point.

The other articles are... what, beat reporters for teams that write for The Athletic? Most beat reporters don't know hockey from the hole in their ass. Just look at Chicago's.

And no, I'm not going out trying to find opinions that I respect. You made the claim "all the experts". The onus is on you to prove it, not on me to disprove it.
Whos the expert you want to hear it from? Ill find it. Teams are looking for goaltending. It just true.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Sure. When none of these teams go for a goalie at the deadline I will let you know you are correct.
Who's saying those teams won't go for a goalie at the deadline? I'm saying they won't trade a 2nd or higher for one. (unless it's a great goalie, of course, but I don't know of any great goalies even available)

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022

And no, I'm not going out trying to find opinions that I respect that prove your point. You made the claim "all the experts". The onus is on you to prove it, not on me to disprove it.
Name a couple people you respect in hockey and I will find evidence to my point. Please do it. I do not know why you are pretending these teams dont need goaltending. What is the point? You can like Mrazek signing and concede that more playoff teams then normal need goaltending.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I mean cmon. go to any of the teams I named. Type in Goalie Trade deadline and pick whos article you want to read.

Whos the expert you want to hear it from? Ill find it. Teams are looking for goaltending. It just true.

Go find respected analysts/reporters from around the league. Guys like Friedman. Not f***ing beat writers. And as far as the Friedman article, it literally supports my claim of NJ and Toronto...

The only teams I'm saying that might be looking for a goalie at the TDL are Toronto and NJ. I'm not saying NO teams are. I'm saying those are the only two I can see, and I provided evidence as to why I think that.

On the contrary, you haven't really provided a single shred of evidence supporting your opinion that 6-8 playoff teams are looking for goalie help at the TDL, despite all your bluster about "all the experts" thinking that.

Last edited:

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Go find respected analysts/reporters from around the league. Guys like Friedman. Not f***ing beat writers.

The only teams I'm saying that might be looking for a goalie at the TDL are Toronto and NJ. I'm not saying NO teams are. I'm saying those are the only two I can see, and I provided evidence as to why I think that.
Please watch this video- You can start at 2:35

9 days ago- He mentions Kings Carolina and New Jersey looking for goalie help.

Who else do you want? I can keep going?

• Haha

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Please watch this video- You can start at 2:35

9 days ago- He mentions Kings Carolina and New Jersey looking for goalie help.

Who else do you want? I can keep going?

So... one guy... Friedman... the same guy you already posted. And he primarily talked about NJ in this video. He barely mentioned LA and it was just purely speculation because he confirmed Talbot has been good. He barely mentions LA or Carolina... Literally just like one line that "maybe" they'll be looking for something.

Again, still providing NOTHING supporting your claim that "6-8 playoff teams are going to be looking for goalies at the TDL." and "All the experts agree."

I don't know why I took you off ignore for this stupidity. :laugh:

Where are "all the experts" ???? Where are any of them mentioning more than 2-3 teams? The same 2-3 teams that I have said MIGHT be interested in some help at goalie? Where is your evidence from "all the experts" that "6-8 playoff teams will be looking for goalie help"??

Last edited:

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
I think some people are forgetting that there is in fact such a thing has having too many picks/prospects in this league. You only get 50 contracts. This organization is beyond the point of dumping everyone for picks just because they can. I’d argue the stability offered by extending Mrazek (And Dickinson/Foligno) is worth more that whatever mid round picks they’d return. Maybe you squeeze a 2 out of Dickinson? But then that goes back to us already having too many picks/prospects already

Reactions: d rake

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
So... one guy... Friedman... the same guy you already posted. And he primarily talked about NJ in this video. He barely mentioned LA and it was just purely speculation because he confirmed Talbot has been good. He barely mentions LA or Carolina... Literally just like one line that "maybe" they'll be looking for something.

Again, still providing NOTHING supporting your claim that "6-8 playoff teams are going to be looking for goalies at the TDL." and "All the experts agree."

I don't know why I took you off ignore for this stupidity. :laugh:

Where are "all the experts" ???? Where are any of them mentioning more than 2-3 teams? The same 2-3 teams that I have said MIGHT be interested in some help at goalie? Where is your evidence from "all the experts" that "6-8 playoff teams will be looking for goalie help"??
"Go find respected analysts/reporters from around the league. Guys like Friedman. Not f***ing beat writers."

I show you Freidman saying 3 teams that I mentioned 9 days ago and some how its not good enough.

Tell me an expert you respect and Ill find you a clip or article AGAIN of them saying teams are needing goalies at this deadline. Im willing to do all the work. Go ahead.

Everytime you clearly lose an argument to me you always pretend like you had put me on ignore lol. Its pathetic.

Last edited:
  • Haha

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I think some people are forgetting that there is in fact such a thing has having too many picks/prospects in this league. You only get 50 contracts. This organization is beyond the point of dumping everyone for picks just because they can. I’d argue the stability offered by extending Mrazek (And Dickinson/Foligno) is worth more that whatever mid round picks they’d return. Maybe you squeeze a 2 out of Dickinson? But then that goes back to us already having too many picks/prospects already
and some people are forgetting you can move that draft pick all around. Last year we moved a 2nd rounder 2023 to the flyers for their 2024 2nd and picked up a pick. More assets give you flexibility.

I completely understand the view point that Mrazek may mean more to a rebuilding team then a pick. I can see that side. Pretending you cant see that there is another option to sell and gain assets is wild.

Like some said Mrazeks cap hit doesnt matter. Sell him at the deadline then give him 2 years 6 mil next year.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
"Go find respected analysts/reporters from around the league. Guys like Friedman. Not f***ing beat writers."

I show you Freidman saying 3 teams that I mentioned 9 days ago and some how its not good enough.

Tell me an expert and Ill find you a clip or article of them saying teams are needing goalies at this deadline. Im willing to do all the work. Go ahead.
There are always goalies being looked at for depth on playoff teams, but rarely do teams trade 2nd round picks or higher for a goalie, unless they are one of the top goalies in the league. Mrazek isn't a top goalie in the league.

This year is really no different than any other year.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
There are always goalies being looked at for depth on playoff teams, but rarely do teams trade 2nd round picks or higher for a goalie, unless they are one of the top goalies in the league. Mrazek isn't a top goalie in the league.

This year is really no different than any other year.
but yes it is. There are more teams in contention with bad goaltending then most other years. Also there has been in a shift in tandem goaltending these past few years.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
but yes it is. There are more teams in contention with bad goaltending then most other years. Also there has been in a shift in tandem goaltending these past few years.
Not really. Youve named like 6 teams that MAY want a goalie, and out of those 6 teams, 4 of them already have a goalie as good, or better than Mrazek, and one of the 2 that don't isn't trading assets for a goalie (Flyers), and the other isn't even in the playoffs currently (NJ)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3