Confirmed with Link: Mrazek re-signs for 2 years @ $4.25M AAV

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
"Go find respected analysts/reporters from around the league. Guys like Friedman. Not f***ing beat writers."

I show you Freidman saying 3 teams that I mentioned 9 days ago and some how its not good enough.

Tell me an expert you respect and Ill find you a clip or article AGAIN of them saying teams are needing goalies at this deadline. Im willing to do all the work. Go ahead.

Everytime you clearly lose an argument to me you always pretend like you had put me on ignore lol. Its pathetic.
Bro... you've provided zero evidence suggesting what you said is accurate. You found one single guy around the league that said teams were going to be looking for a goalie, and he only even talks about the 2 or 3 teams I ALSO said would be the only ones POSSIBLY in the market. Your suggestion that "6-8 playoff teams will be looking for a goalie at the TDL" is not true, and you've done nothing to prove that otherwise. You've also only provided a SINGLE respected name around the league as your evidence, and what he said doesn't even support what you've been saying.

This isn't me losing an argument to you. It's you making a stupid argument, not being able to back it up with any evidence, and then deflecting away from the nonsense that you claimed. And yes, I've had you on ignore, even through the majority of this stupidity. I took you off so I have to stop clicking to show the ignored content. Now you go back on.

Again, I ask you, where are "all the experts" supporting your claim that "6-8 playoff teams will be looking for a goalie at the TDL." ???? Provide the evidence of those two claims, with legitimate NHL voices(not f***ing team beat writers), or take the L and move on.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Not really. Youve named like 6 teams that MAY want a goalie, and out of those 6 teams, 4 of them already have a goalie as good, or better than Mrazek, and one of the 2 that don't isn't trading assets for a goalie (Flyers), and the other isn't even in the playoffs currently (NJ)
Bruins Devils Golden Knights Minnesota Carolina Florida Edmonton New Jersey all used more then one goalie last year in the playoffs.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'm curious to see how many games were played by goalies on those teams, outside their normal starter. I'd guess it's less than 10. Just too lazy to go do the research.
I'm not even sure what his point is making that statement. Every year teams that are losing switch their goalies half way through the series.

I picked 2 random years..
In 2019, CAR, DAL, NSH, NYI, SJS, STL, all used 2 goalies
in 2016 ANA, DAL, DET, NSH, NYI, NYR, PHI, PIT, SJS, STL, TBL all used 2 goalies.

It's literally the same no matter what year you looked at.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm not even sure what his point is making that statement. Every year teams that are losing switch their goalies half way through the series.
He's just obfuscating because he can't actually f***ing prove his claim that "all the experts" think that "6-8 playoff teams will be looking for a goalie at the TDL." He's trying to take attention off that stupid claim, backed by zero evidence, by pointing to those teams now possibly needing a backup to their starter for the playoffs.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Bro... you've provided zero evidence suggesting what you said is accurate. You found one single guy around the league that said teams were going to be looking for a goalie, and he only even talks about the 2 or 3 teams I ALSO said would be the only ones POSSIBLY in the market. Your suggestion that "6-8 playoff teams will be looking for a goalie at the TDL" is not true, and you've done nothing to prove that otherwise. You've also only provided a SINGLE respected name around the league as your evidence, and what he said doesn't even support what you've been saying.

This isn't me losing an argument to you. It's you making a stupid argument, not being able to back it up with any evidence, and then deflecting away from the nonsense that you claimed. And yes, I've had you on ignore, even through the majority of this stupidity. I took you off so I have to stop clicking to show the ignored content. Now you go back on.

Again, I ask you, where are "all the experts" supporting your claim that "6-8 playoff teams will be looking for a goalie at the TDL." ???? Provide the evidence of those two claims, with legitimate NHL voices(not f***ing team beat writers), or take the L and move on.

What are you arguing against? Please quote what you think im saying that inaccurate? Dont just write it show me what I said that is wrong.

I have shown you evidence of a specific person that you pointed out saying there was 3 teams out of the 7 I named looking for goalie help.

"Again, I ask you, where are "all the experts" supporting your claim that "6-8 playoff teams will be looking for a goalie at the TDL." ???? Provide the evidence of those two claims, with legitimate NHL voices(not f***ing team beat writers), or take the L and move on."

I keep asking. Who would be suitable for you and you keep dodging the question? I will get you what you are looking for. Freidmans not good enough. You dont think Athletic articles count. WHO? I WILL GET IT.

He's just obfuscating because he can't actually f***ing prove his claim that "all the experts" think that "6-8 playoff teams will be looking for a goalie at the TDL." He's trying to take attention off that stupid claim, backed by zero evidence, by pointing to those teams now possibly needing a backup to their starter for the playoffs.

I picked 2 random years..
In 2019, CAR, DAL, NSH, NYI, SJS, STL, all used 2 goalies
in 2016 ANA, DAL, DET, NSH, NYI, NYR, PHI, PIT, SJS, STL, TBL all used 2 goalies.

It's literally the same no matter what year you looked at.
Now we are pretending there hasnt been a switch to a more two goalie approach to the NHL. This is insane.

• Haha

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What are you arguing against? Please quote what you think im saying that inaccurate? Dont just write it show me what I said that is wrong.

I have shown you evidence of a specific person that you pointed out saying there was 3 teams out of the 7 I named looking for goalie help.

"Again, I ask you, where are "all the experts" supporting your claim that "6-8 playoff teams will be looking for a goalie at the TDL." ???? Provide the evidence of those two claims, with legitimate NHL voices(not f***ing team beat writers), or take the L and move on."

I keep asking. Who would be suitable for you and you keep dodging the question? I will get you what you are looking for. Freidmans not good enough. You dont think Athletic articles count. WHO? I WILL GET IT.

Now we are pretending there hasnt been a switch to a more two goalie approach to the NHL. This is insane.
:laugh:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yes it is. Very clearly. More goalies are splitting than ever before.

Yes, during the season, not in the playoffs. Teams typically go with 1 goalie in the playoffs, unless they are losing and are looking to switch things up. Teams aren't trading 2nd round picks for a 2nd goalie unless the goalie is great, Mrazek isn't great.

I feel like I just keep typing the same post every few posts, so Im done.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
@ChiHawks10 Please quote what I said that you think is innacurate. Not in your own writing. Show my post.
Flyers Devils Avs Wings Hurricanes Oilers would be 6 teams. Hawkaholic left out Hurricanes from that my list.

Husso has been awful for 2 years. Lyon is on a hot streak but unproven. Andersen is a complete question mark.

Like I said

Oilers
Red Wings

Hurricanes
Devils
Kings
Leafs
Avs

It would be no suprise if any of these teams went out and grabbed goalies.

Yes, but you can agree that this year there is more need for goaltending for these playoff teams. All the experts are agreeing on this.

Mrazek is no worse than any goalie that has been listed for any of these teams. Whos to say hes not the number 1 goalie for the devils, hurricanes, wings, flyers for the entire playoffs. Maybe the Avs and Oilers dont want to risk their entire season on a fluke injury to a average to below average Skinner Georgiev.

You make this shit too easy.

None of the bolded is accurate. There are MAYBE 3 teams on your list that will actively be in on a goalie market at the TDL. Not the 7 or 8 teams that you claim.

You have posted ONE expert that thinks there will be a decent goalie market at the TDL, and the only teams he really mentioned... are the SAME THREE I ALSO SAID. Where are "all the experts" that agree with you on 7-8 playoff teams being in on a goalie market at the TDL?

JFC man, take the L and move on. I'm done posting the same shit over and over again, only for you to not read it, and keep blabbering on with bullshit and deflecting from your original opinion/claim.

Now I'll be done.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
-It would be no suprise if any of these teams went out and grabbed goalies.
-Yes, but you can agree that this year there is more need for goaltending for these playoff teams. All the experts are agreeing on this.

This is what you are arguing LMAO

• Haha

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
and some people are forgetting you can move that draft pick all around. Last year we moved a 2nd rounder 2023 to the flyers for their 2024 2nd and picked up a pick. More assets give you flexibility.

I completely understand the view point that Mrazek may mean more to a rebuilding team then a pick. I can see that side. Pretending you cant see that there is another option to sell and gain assets is wild.

Like some said Mrazeks cap hit doesnt matter. Sell him at the deadline then give him 2 years 6 mil next year.
Sure, you can always keep kicking the can down the line but at some point you need to enter the “build” part of the rebuild. They’ve spent 2.5 years accumulating a metric shit ton of assets. It’s time to start providing some stability

And to be clear I’m not implying that it wasn’t an option to trade Mrazek. I would’ve been perfectly fine if that’s what they chose to do. I’m just saying extending him and providing some stability given that they already have more than enough draft capital makes more sense

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Still waiting for a name of another expert that you respect...
Not shocking that you don't understand this concept. The burden of proof lies on YOU. You made the claim "All the experts agree." You made the claim 6-8 teams will be in on a goalie market at the TDL this year.

It's not on me to go do the work for you and disprove your stupid f***ing claim. It's on you to prove it.

So far all you've done is provide a single person that is respected around the league(who is actually in the know league-wide, and not just some team beat reporter). That one single person is not "all the experts". And not only that, but what you've provided from that single expert does NOT support your claim that 7 or 8 teams need a goalie at the TDL this year. He mentions 2-3 teams. The same 2-3 that I actually agree may be in on a goalie at the TDL.

f*** me. I'm done with this smooth brain shit. Don't expect any other responses from me about this. Back on ignore you go.

Last edited:

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Sure, you can always keep kicking the can down the line but at some point you need to enter the “build” part of the rebuild. They’ve spent 2.5 years accumulating a metric shit ton of assets. It’s time to start providing some stability

And to be clear I’m not implying that it wasn’t an option to trade Mrazek. I would’ve been perfectly fine if that’s what they chose to do. I’m just saying extending him and providing some stability given that they already have more than enough draft capital makes more sense
100%. I am fine with keeping him. I understand why you would do that. I do think he was a trade chip that we had if we were going to keep collecting. Adding a 2nd can help you build as well. We can trade that 2nd.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Not shocking that you don't understand this concept. The burden of proof lies on YOU. You made the claim "All the experts agree." You made the claim 6-8 teams will be in on a goalie market at the TDL this year.

It's not on me to go do the work for you and disprove your stupid f***ing claim. It's on you to prove it.

So far all you've done is provide a single person that is respected around the league(who is actually in the know league-wide, and not just some team beat reporter). That one single person is not "all the experts". And not only that, but what you've provided from that single expert does NOT support your claim that 7 or 8 teams need a goalie at the TDL this year. He mentions 2-3 teams.

f*** me. I'm done with this smooth brain shit. Don't expect any other responses from me about this. Back on ignore you go.
you just went back and saw that wasn't what I said why do you perpetuate that lie?

Your mixing in my opinion "It would be no suprise if any of these teams went out and grabbed goalies."

and my claim that experts agree there is a need for goaltending at this years deadline. YOU are mixed up. I showed you Freidman when you asked he named 3 of the 7 teams in ONE video. Now give me one other person. Just one and I will find something that shows what you are looking for.

• Haha

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I stand by this controversial statement!

"It would be no suprise if any of these teams went out and grabbed goalies."

Carolina
New Jersey
Kings
Red Wings
Flyers
Oilers
Leafs

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
100%. I am fine with keeping him. I understand why you would do that. I do think he was a trade chip that we had if we were going to keep collecting. Adding a 2nd can help you build as well. We can trade that 2nd.
Sure, the Hawks can also trade Mrazek 2 years from now and get a 2nd then. They have 5 extra seconds spread out over the next 3 drafts already. Its not a pressing concern.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I guess we will see if any of those teams deal for a goalie at the deadline.

No hes negative about every single thing and you know that. So no he doesnt count. Your arguing against nobody on Mrazeks deal.
Who cares if those teams deal for a goalie?
I swear you’ve likely never played a sport and have no concept of team or building one.
Another 3rd round pick doesn’t mean shit, giving young players confidence that every mistake won’t lead to a goal is.
This is building a team 101.
The 1st of the future team has come aboard this year. That changes everything. While talent is still limited they are playing (and coaching) to win with what they got. You risk ruining the kids if they are tossed to the wolves nightly.
Mrazek gets abused nightly and is nothing short of a great team guy.

AND

He’s not even overpaid compared to other starters.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
This thread is f***ing dumb.

As nice as Mrazek has been for us, he's got to be one of the most injury prone goalies in the league. I mean seriously just go look at his games lost and number of injuries he's suffered and try to say with a straight face that a cup contender is going to count on his availability in the playoffs, for a high pick to boot.

That being said, I'm glad he's here for the next 2 years, because when he is healthy, the team seems to play better in front of him. Good for the youth on the team to have that security blanket too.

Also, this thread is f***ing dumb.

Reactions: Pertti

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Who cares if those teams deal for a goalie?
I swear you’ve likely never played a sport and have no concept of team or building one.
Another 3rd round pick doesn’t mean shit, giving young players confidence that every mistake won’t lead to a goal is.
This is building a team 101.
The 1st of the future team has come aboard this year. That changes everything. While talent is still limited they are playing (and coaching) to win with what they got. You risk ruining the kids if they are tossed to the wolves nightly.
Mrazek gets abused nightly and is nothing short of a great team guy.

AND

He’s not even overpaid compared to other starters.
so bring him back next year? give him 7 million a year for 2 years. The reality is the money doesnt mean shit. The picks do.

Giving young players confidence? They are starting Soderblom every other game and will for the rest of the season. Hes the worst goalie in the NHL. They are trying to be the worst team in the NHL. Do you think if Mrazek gets hurt tomorrow somehow Korchinski Bedard and Vlasic will change as players in the long run?

This thread is f***ing dumb.

As nice as Mrazek has been for us, he's got to be one of the most injury prone goalies in the league. I mean seriously just go look at his games lost and number of injuries he's suffered and try to say with a straight face that a cup contender is going to count on his availability in the playoffs, for a high pick to boot.

That being said, I'm glad he's here for the next 2 years, because when he is healthy, the team seems to play better in front of him. Good for the youth on the team to have that security blanket too.

Also, this thread is f***ing dumb.
Hes the most injury prone goalie in the league so others wont want him but we want him for two years as a security blanket. Your right dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00