Confirmed with Link: Mrazek re-signs for 2 years @ $4.25M AAV

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Fine. Was thinking he would be heading to LA at the deadline. Dont think we have many other options to send out now.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Deal is fine. Mrazek battles hard.

2 year deals for everyone! I think KD is signalling that he won't get serious in free agency until after Bedard's ELC is up.

Now the team just needs to find a back up that can play 25-30 games.

Let Stauber walk and stick Soda in the AHL where he belongs next year with uncle Drew.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
assuming we are talking 4.25 or so AAV for 2 years it makes sense. Im still hoping we move TJ 50% retained for something. and use the other retention slot somehow. not sure how. maybe if AB comes back and plays ok. I would be open to moving taylor if there is any market for a 4th line 25 year old with ARB rights making less then league min. we could also look at taking on some bad contracts. I know people are going to freak out on the names I mention but guys that might want to be moved IMO are Barclay goodrow, 3 years left at 3.6 bigger guy bottom line player just overpaid by double, Campbell 3 years left at this at $5 mil per year. ED has some $3.5 mil in carryover this year so they may be really motivated to move him at the TDL. they have a small window and could use that cap space next year. you could keep him in the A for next year in case Msarek gets hurt and maybe buy out in1- 2 years. Evangany Kunetsov one year at 7.8 Max P has a $2 mil carryover bonus that will hit the books next year if they cant move him at TDL. plus there are more retool then rebuild getting him off the books and not having the carryover im sure they would love the cap space. . Jesperi Kotkemimi has 6 more years at 4.8 23 is a solid faceoff guy with size, good Off and DEF metrics. he is a 3rd line center that is over paid by $1 mil probably (6-2 200) had 18 and 25 last year and is on pace for 17 and 17 this year. and Carolina window is now and has Pesce and Skeji as UFA and im sure would like to sign at least one of them. these are just a few idea's in regard to weaponizing cap space. there could be retention included in the longer deals it would all depend on the retention and the Sweetner.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Fleury was playing like one of the best goalies in the league at that time with a high reputation. Mrazek isn't close to that.

Fleury
451921--513982.95.908

Mrazek

The only difference is the reputation. The trade was for a conditional pick that turned into 2nd because the wild didnt make the conference finals. Playoff teams this year need goaltending more then ever. I think we could have gotten a 2nd.

Whether getting a 2nd or having a solid goalie in place for the next 2.5 years is more important I dunno. But he would have gotten an asset.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Fleury
451921--513982.95.908

Mrazek

The only difference is the reputation. The trade was for a conditional pick that turned into 2nd because the wild didnt make the conference finals. Playoff teams this year need goaltending more then ever. I think we could have gotten a 2nd.

Whether getting a 2nd or having a solid goalie in place for the next 2.5 years is more important I dunno. But he would have gotten an asset.
I don't see it. Mrazek is known to be inconsistent and Fleury has three rings and was the reigning Vezina winner. Reputation is a very big thing to some of these GM's. But maybe you're right, there's no help in net to be had.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I don't see it. Mrazek is known to be inconsistent and Fleury has three rings and was the reigning Vezina winner. Reputation is a very big thing to some of these GM's. But maybe you're right, there's no help in net to be had.
You dont see what? Getting a 2nd?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Beyond the fact that I think the teams looking for goaltending have already tried the Mrazek experience, I don't think the Blackhawks should be trading Mrazek for the sake of the Blackhawks. They can't roll Soda until the end of the year and Commesso needs to be in the AHL and Stauber isn't good.

No long term money, he's been a little lucky I think this year but also been really good at the same time. Happy with the deal and perfectly fine to roll him, crazy we got paid to take him.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Fleury
451921--513982.95.908

Mrazek

I said "at the time". Fleury had a miserable start to the season that year which affected his numbers greatly. And reputation is huge when it comes to goaltending. Fleury has it, Mrazek doesn't. Maybe we get a 3rd, thats not a real asset.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
4 Mill for this garbage goalie cool, the Stan era continues, this team isn’t winning a cup anytime soon, maybe in 10 years what do you guys think? He’s literally pissing 2 year away with all these garbage inflated signings…

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Beyond the fact that I think the teams looking for goaltending have already tried the Mrazek experience, I don't think the Blackhawks should be trading Mrazek for the sake of the Blackhawks. They can't roll Soda until the end of the year and Commesso needs to be in the AHL and Stauber isn't good.

No long term money, he's been a little lucky I think this year but also been really good at the same time. Happy with the deal and perfectly fine to roll him, crazy we got paid to take him.
Thats completely fair.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I said "at the time". Fleury had a miserable start to the season that year which affected his numbers greatly. And reputation is huge when it comes to goaltending. Fleury has it, Mrazek doesn't. Maybe we get a 3rd, thats not a real asset.
you saying "at the time" can cherry pick any stat you want. I picked the full time in Chicago. If you were to pick the last month leading up to the trade fleury stats would have been worse than his full year average. He was playing good just like Mrazek is now.

35 year old Fleury with a good reputation vs 31 year old Mrazek with the same stats with more need for goaltending would produce about the same value. 2nd round picks are not nothing.

They are comparable. I showed you Ryan Greene is an asset. If they arnt doing anything the next 2 years like you just why do they need Mrazek might as well get anybody else off the UFA pile and get the asset.

I can see both sides.

Reactions: ello

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille