Confirmed with Link: Mrazek re-signs for 2 years @ $4.25M AAV

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
you saying "at the time" can cherry pick any stat you want. I picked the full time in Chicago. If you were to pick the last month leading up to the trade fleury stats would have been worse than his full year average. He was playing good just like Mrazek is now.

35 year old Fleury with a good reputation vs 31 year old Mrazek with the same stats with more need for goaltending would produce about the same value. 2nd round picks are not nothing.

They are comparable. I showed you Ryan Greene is an asset. If they arnt doing anything the next 2 years like you just why do they need Mrazek might as well get anybody else off the UFA pile and get the asset.

I can see both sides.
Fleury was one of the best goalies in the league leading up to the TD, he was coming off a Vezina...lol. I don't care what the stats say, the team was complete garbage and he was standing on his head every night. He was a better goalie then, then Mrazek is now. Mrazek wouldn't get a 2nd, he's playing well, but not like the best goalie in the league, and teams aren't high on him like they are with Fleury 2 to 3 years ago.

Hawks want competent goaltending, not garbage we would have to play if we didn't have Mrazek. I don't see the other side of trading him.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Fleury was one of the best goalies in the league leading up to the TD, he was coming off a Vezina...lol. I don't care what the stats say, the team was complete garbage and he was standing on his head every night. He was a better goalie then, then Mrazek is now. Mrazek wouldn't get a 2nd, he's playing well, but not like the best goalie in the league, and teams aren't high on him like they are with Fleury 2 to 3 years ago.

Hawks want competent goaltending, not garbage we would have to play if we didn't have Mrazek. I don't see the other side of trading him.
Mrazek has already won more games this season than last year…actually both goalies have already matched last y are win totals…Stalock/Stauber(Khudobin/Wells) won 14 games as well
Mrazek was 10-22-3 last year and currently has a record of 12-17-1 on what we’d agree to be worse roster this season, but with future stats plying their trade

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
He's got a higher than average league save percentage playing on a trash team working a starters workload. This isn't even a veteran presence overpay it's what middling starters are worth and he didn't get term.

Yeah the guy's play has gotten a handful more wins than this roster deserves to have. Last year it was Stalock playing out of his mind by his standards. This year it's Mrazek's turn.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Mrazek has already won more games this season than last year…actually both goalies have already matched last y are win totals…Stalock/Stauber(Khudobin/Wells) won 14 games as well
Mrazek was 10-22-3 last year and currently has a record of 12-17-1 on what we’d agree to be worse roster this season, but with future stats plying their trade
I'm not sure what your point is.

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
IMG_8194.jpeg

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022

You said we arent winning anything the next two years. You can get an asset for someone you can replace in free agency. We have the most cap in the league to work with. You do see the other side of it you just like to argue.

2nd/3rd rounder for Mrazek and sign Kahkonen or Nedeljkovic or DeSmith or Jones or Talbot or whoever for 2 years high cap.

Last edited:

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
2nd/3rd rounder for Mrazek and sign Kahkonen or Nedeljkovic or DeSmith or Jones or Talbot or whoever for 2 years high cap.
And you are sure these guys would sign for 2-years how? And you sure Mrazek would score a 2nd or 3rd rounder that would substantially improve the 13+ picks the Hawks already have?

Or, hear me out, keep the guy who has played well for a garbage team and seems like good teammate and already been here for a few years while the organization wait for their own goalie prospects to mature.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I really feel like other fanbases keep getting irritated that we're handing out these types of contracts instead of accepting cap dumps from them for 7th round picks.

These signings (Foligno, Dickinson, Mrazek) just allows the Hawks to be a little pickier with who they take back this summer.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You said we arent winning anything the next two years. You can get an asset for someone you can replace in free agency. We have the most cap in the league to work with. You do see the other side of it you just like to argue.

I don't see the other side of it, getting a 3rd rounder max is just not worth it to have AHL/ECHL goaltending the rest of the year and completely ruining any confidence the players have built up lately. But please tell me more of what I like to do. I argue with posts that are dumb.

And you are sure these guys would sign for 2-years how? And you sure Mrazek would score a 2nd or 3rd rounder that would substantially improve the 13+ picks the Hawks already have?

Or, hear me out, keep the guy who has played well for a garbage team and seems like good teammate and already been here for a few years while the organization wait for their own goalie prospects to mature.
exactly, but im sure you just like to argue.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida

Those guys are either worse than Mrazek or will want more term.
We have a decent goalie who understands the end game and accepts his role.
Do you really think it wise to have likely 5 of your 7 Dmen in their 1st or 2nd year and have Jones in net behind them? I could ruin their development when any mistake ends up in the net.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I really feel like other fanbases keep getting irritated that we're handing out these types of contracts instead of accepting cap dumps from them for 7th round picks.

These signings (Foligno, Dickinson, Mrazek) just allows the Hawks to be a little pickier with who they take back this summer.
Oilers fans are furious that they can no longer dump Campbell on us for a measly first round pick.

Not understanding that it would take four first round picks to dump that kind of garbage.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Oilers fans are furious that they can no longer dump Campbell on us for a measly first round pick.

Not understanding that it would take four first round picks to dump that kind of garbage.
Yep, they (and a lot of other fanbases) are frustrated that the Hawks won't be so desperate to take on bad contracts that they'll do it for underpayments.

Hawks could, theoretically, take on Campbell and have him be the backup. Soderblom certainly hasn't earned that role. But having Mrazek means that the Hawks wouldn't be in such desperate need for that position.

And Foligno and Dickinson here doesn't mean that all 12/13 forward spots are filled. We can still take back some shitty forwards back, but now we don't need to.

Now we can be a bit more picky about who we take back and for what return.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022

Yes, thats a fine option. Do you see the other option available? I believe the blackhawks who have the most money available and are obviously in no hurry to win for the next 2 years can get a goalie. Someone would be willing to play for them.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I don't see the other side of it, getting a 3rd rounder max is just not worth it to have AHL/ECHL goaltending the rest of the year and completely ruining any confidence the players have built up lately. But please tell me more of what I like to do. I argue with posts that are dumb.

exactly, but im sure you just like to argue.
but this is you just making things up to fit your narrative.

Hes good enough to win to keep the confidence of his teammates. Hes not good enough to be traded for a 2nd rounder. hm.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So the KD plan is to stink another 2 seasons again get high early picks in the draft but to have good goaltending to mitigate thecseverity of the loss scores? Right?

Can my my psychological health take 2 more dead to last or near last seasons of basement futility...But losing 4-2or 2-0 is better than 8-2 loss or 6-0loss...right?

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Those guys are either worse than Mrazek or will want more term.
We have a decent goalie who understands the end game and accepts his role.
Do you really think it wise to have likely 5 of your 7 Dmen in their 1st or 2nd year and have Jones in net behind them? I could ruin their development when any mistake ends up in the net.
If Mrazek is that guy and has that value wouldn't he be worth a decent amount traded to playoff teams trying to win games right now?

How do you know the term that any of these guys would want?

You cant think the difference between playing Mrazek and playing Nedeljkovic or Kahkonen is ruining the development of defenseman and if you do the price on Mrazek should be more then a 3rd at the deadline.

I have to say it again. I completely understand keeping him but I would have been fine with collecting assets for him.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
but this is you just making things up to fit your narrative.

Hes good enough to win to keep the confidence of his teammates. Hes not good enough to be traded for a 2nd rounder. hm.
Goalies don't get a lot at the deadline. Lehner and Fleury were as good as Mrazek or better here and had better name recognition, yet only got 2nds.

And do you really want the team to take a chance on having Soderblom their starter not just the rest of this year, but next year as well?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $45.00