Speculation: Moving Schmaltz at the deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Honestly I would trade Schmaltz for Strome 1-for-1.

Saad-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Sikura
Kampf-Anisimov-Kahun
Ejdsell-Kruger-Hayden

Let the kids play, have them figure **** out while we lose for Hughes. Then we run next season with Toews, Hughes, Strome, Barratt down the middle.

Give your head a shake.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Yes lets trade a great skating player for a player that does not skate well....

Strome produces less already.
Right now Strome is producing the same as Schmaltz. The difference is Strome plays on the 4th line and Schmaltz plays with guys like Kane and DeBrincat. Pathetic on Schmaltz's part. Strome would be a machine with DeBrincat.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Right now Strome is producing the same as Schmaltz. The difference is Strome plays on the 4th line and Schmaltz plays with guys like Kane and DeBrincat. Pathetic on Schmaltz's part. Strome would be a machine with DeBrincat.

Strome has 5 points in 17 games and has been actively terrible because he can't skate. This trade would be very unintelligent. Strome can't skate and skating is really important.

Are you just trade crazy or something? Because I see a lot of trade threads with Boqvist all started by you.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Strome has 5 points in 17 games and has been actively terrible because he can't skate. This trade would be very unintelligent. Strome can't skate and skating is really important.

Are you just trade crazy or something? Because I see a lot of trade threads with Boqvist all started by you.
His skating can get better. DeBrincat was criticised for his skating. Same with Tavares. Strome will keep working at it.

Strome plays with shit linemates and has the same amount of production as Schmaltz.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
His skating can get better. DeBrincat was criticised for his skating. Same with Tavares. Strome will keep working at it.

Neither had close to the skating issues that Strome have both were elite speed issues. His skating is not going to change much.

Comparing Strome's skating to Cat or JT is laughable at best.

DeBrincat is a small player with a dynamic skill set and a pure sniper. He is undersized, but can be very nasty to play against and shies away from no one. He skates well and is very effective around the net. He is hard to contain for such a small player, and has great chemistry with anyone he plays with. A decade player in the OHL. (Tyler Parchem, EP 2016)

Tavares is a top-flight talent, perhaps not in the same class as a Sidney Crosby or Alex Ovechkin, but still a player you can build around. Yes, Tavares is not the fastest skater on the ice; yes, his defense -- while improving -- remains passable at best. But what can't be denied is Tavares' incredible hockey sense and offensive ability.
Read more at Hockey's Future - John Tavares

Reactions: Pez68

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
no thanks, as long as JC keeps schmaltz away from Kaner he will be fine, it would be PRUDENT for the hawks to bring up SIKURA already though and that will help Nick. It is assinie that he is not up here yet....

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Strome just hasn't been given the opportunity to thrive. Schmaltz has been given the opportunity and has been able to do nothing with it.

You're telling me Strome wouldn't look elite centering Kane and DeBrincat?

Home run reclamation project for Stan. Tons of untapped potential. Especially with JC coaching him.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I saw Boston fans saying they’d give up Krug for Schmaltz.

Smaller and older LHD, but produces offense like a top-pairing guy. Could he be a fit next to Jokiharju over the next half decade as we ease the pressure on Keith, and have less of a need to rush Boqvist and Beaudin?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I saw Boston fans saying they’d give up Krug for Schmaltz.

Smaller and older LHD, but produces offense like a top-pairing guy. Could he be a fit next to Jokiharju over the next half decade as we ease the pressure on Keith, and have less of a need to rush Boqvist and Beaudin?

Too many injury issues.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Schmaltz is kind of like Washington’s Burakovsky.

A guy they had top-6 expectations for, but who underperformed before his ELC ended so only got a $3 million deal.

Now he’s a key piece on a championship 3rd line, and he can bump into the top-6 when needed.

If Schmaltz would sign for $3-3.5 million, I’d keep him and build a third line around him.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Car - Bhawks

to Car they need top 9 forward - defense a 2nd pairing at best.
car needs or want to trade J. Faulk - D m-ntc.

F - A. Fortin + B. Hagel,
D - G. Forsling + L. Carlsson + D. Helm (1 mil for 3 yrs)
Draft picks #2 round, (2) #7 round

to Chi, moveable prospects for a bigger deal. ref Zykov Car wants to move him first.

F - v. Zykov
2019 1st rounder pick top 10 protected.

Det - Bhawks

to Det they need to get rid of salary. they also need to entice their player to accept trade. they also have J Franzen as a LTIR to trade if needed.

F - A. Anisimov + V. Ejdsell + M. Shalunov + A. Altybarmakyan
D - v. Zykov (Car trade) J. Ruuta

to Chi

F - D. HELM (3-yr 1 mil) + G. NYQUIST + G. Smith
D - J. ERICSSON + G. Lindstrom
prospects -(F) F. Zadina + (F) J. Veleno
Draft pick 2019 1st round or 2020 1st round.

to LA. Kings they need to do a salary dump.

F - J. Veleno (Det trade) + N. Schmaltz
D - G. Lindstrom (Det trade)
Draft pick (2) #4 round

to Chi

F - T. Toffoli
D - J. Muzzin
Draft pick 1st. round - 2019 can we maybe ask for 2020 1st. since it is a huge salary dump.

crazy trade idea, you bet. this is fantasy time, however it is doable. Chi net gain is a F Toffoli, LHD - Muzzin. Nyqoist and Ericsson will move directly to the Injured Reserves.....

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Car - Bhawks

to Car they need top 9 forward - defense a 2nd pairing at best.
car needs or want to trade J. Faulk - D m-ntc.

F - A. Fortin + B. Hagel,
D - G. Forsling + L. Carlsson + D. Helm (1 mil for 3 yrs)
Draft picks #2 round, (2) #7 round

to Chi, moveable prospects for a bigger deal. ref Zykov Car wants to move him first.

F - v. Zykov
2019 1st rounder pick top 10 protected.

Det - Bhawks

to Det they need to get rid of salary. they also need to entice their player to accept trade. they also have J Franzen as a LTIR to trade if needed.

F - A. Anisimov + V. Ejdsell + M. Shalunov + A. Altybarmakyan
D - v. Zykov (Car trade) J. Ruuta

to Chi

F - D. HELM (3-yr 1 mil) + G. NYQUIST + G. Smith
D - J. ERICSSON + G. Lindstrom
prospects -(F) F. Zadina + (F) J. Veleno
Draft pick 2019 1st round or 2020 1st round.

to LA. Kings they need to do a salary dump.

F - J. Veleno (Det trade) + N. Schmaltz
D - G. Lindstrom (Det trade)
Draft pick (2) #4 round

to Chi

F - T. Toffoli
D - J. Muzzin
Draft pick 1st. round - 2019 can we maybe ask for 2020 1st. since it is a huge salary dump.

crazy trade idea, you bet. this is fantasy time, however it is doable. Chi net gain is a F Toffoli, LHD - Muzzin. Nyqoist and Ericsson will move directly to the Injured Reserves.....
Sorry but this reads like Fiddy trying to submit a trade proposal. What's with the formatting?

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Sorry but this reads like Fiddy trying to submit a trade proposal. What's with the formatting?
well i hate to admit this, but you are right. i got into the mood when i read some other posters ideas. this idea has been on my mind since the off season, before the season, with the LA idea coming several weeks ago. these are teams that i listed that are in need of something, that something is what the Bhawks can provide, esp salary dump for Det and the Kings.

the numbers or the salary coming and going, i think works. as i been saying this team needs fixing and in swoop, esp with the LA trade, the Bhawks picks up a top 2 forward and a 3-4 lhd......

ref to the formatting, i wrote this up in word and copy and paste it on here.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
well i hate to admit this, but you are right. i got into the mood when i read some other posters ideas. this idea has been on my mind since the off season, before the season, with the LA idea coming several weeks ago. these are teams that i listed that are in need of something, that something is what the Bhawks can provide, esp salary dump for Det and the Kings.

the numbers or the salary coming and going, i think works. as i been saying this team needs fixing and in swoop, esp with the LA trade, the Bhawks picks up a top 2 forward and a 3-4 lhd......

ref to the formatting, i wrote this up in word and copy and paste it on here.
There's just too many pieces involved in this trade

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
There's just too many pieces involved in this trade
yeah i agree ..... however the kings trade could not be completed ..... leaving a 3 way trade between Car and Det with the Bhawks.

my key is getting Filip Zadina and additional early 1 st rounder. with the idea of lowering the team salary.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Never liked Schmaltz...Boesser was the star.

No doubt. Never understood the infatuation with Nick Skille, this kid couldn't score in the minors so it's a carry over effect to his NHL game. The only think Nick has going for him is his age and potential but so did his brother Jack...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad