OT: Movies, Music, & TV Thread

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010

The Madden Brothers from Good Charlotte have a new album coming out. It sounds nothing like Good Charlotte, and more like a 70s pop song. Digging it.

Also, loving this song.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I also haven't seen Hey Rosetta play live. Each Christmas they play 2 shows in St. John's but I'm always too tired from the semester to go.

Maybe 2014 is the year...

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Holy hell, NFLD proud and not having seen these guys live?! Something ain't adding up. Just talking about them had me fire up a YT playlist.

Make 2014 the year!

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
My friend saw them play on their recent tour in Ottawa and raved about the show. I really wish I went.

They are great live, always putting up a show. It is probably even better with bigger crowds, unlike here in Stockholm were the crowd were kind off "meh".

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Klockis have you seen or heard First Aid Kit over there? I know they are Swedish girls and I always hear them on CBC radio 2 in Canada... indie rock/alternative. I like what I've heard from them. Are they popular over there by chance?

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Klockis have you seen or heard First Aid Kit over there? I know they are Swedish girls and I always hear them on CBC radio 2 in Canada... indie rock/alternative. I like what I've heard from them. Are they popular over there by chance?

I have heard them and they are quite popular. Never seen them live and wouldn't call them indie rock, more some sort of indie country/folk song. But I think I might be the wrong person to ask as I find them good but so far not captured me. My problem with them is that their songs doesn't vary much, all of them sound roughly the same to me. That said they are still very young and has much music left in them.

Last edited:

Brand New Stars

Went to see Brand New live last night. It was their first time back in Texas since October of 2009. Originally wasn't going to go because of the prices for ridiculously far away seats, but I was able to nab some really close ones for not that much extra a few hours before it started. Money well spent.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Went to see Brand New live last night. It was their first time back in Texas since October of 2009. Originally wasn't going to go because of the prices for ridiculously far away seats, but I was able to nab some really close ones for not that much extra a few hours before it started. Money well spent.

I'm super jealous.. If I could get the chance to see one band play and forever be happy it would be Brand New.

Hopefully they put out a new record soon enough.

Brand New Stars

You definitely need to find a way to see them live one day. Sadly they only played 11 songs as they were the headliners of a "music festival", but it was still awesome. Supposedly they are working on new songs and already recording some according to their website. Jesse Lacey also mentioned it because someone up close kept requesting them to play a new song.

Brand New Stars

Agreed. I was extremely hesitant to see it, but I got some movie cash for it by buying a couple blurays and was surprised by how good it was. Normally comedy sequels are pure garbage.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
So I started watching some British TV shows a couple years ago with Peep Show. Brilliant. Watched the Inbetweeners last month. Just started Skins. All great shows. All can be found on Netflix.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
I'm super jealous.. If I could get the chance to see one band play and forever be happy it would be Brand New.

Hopefully they put out a new record soon enough.

I'm a huge poser but this is one of my favorite songs of all time. Haven't dug deep into their whole catalog ever.

Also this is the best hate song ever IMO

Brand New Stars

Their first 3 albums are works of art. Daisy is meh, but you should look deeper into those first 3 for sure.

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
Love Peep Show and the Inbetweeners. I've never heard of Skins, I'll have to check it out.

I watched skins a few years back, first 4 seasons are pretty good. It has some people that are starting to show up in other roles so that is cool to see. MTV apparently tried to make an American version that bombed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad